Ran my first 5K :)

Options
I ran my first 5K on Saturday morning for the Baltimore Running Fest. I'd been talking about doing it over the past few months and finally got up the courage to sign up two months ago. It was amazing and I completely understand why people say they are addicting! I can't wait to do another!

I've been training a few times a week but couldn't get up to 3 miles without feeling like my legs were going to give out. I don't know if it was the adrenaline or people on the side lines cheering but I finished the 5K in 33 minutes (which was much faster than my training times) without stopping :bigsmile:.

I'm so proud of myself. I never thought I would get to this point and I feel like I could do so much more. My next goal is a 10K and maybe the half marathon by next years Baltimore Running Fest!!

:smile:

Replies

• nosillanosilla
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congratulations!
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I bet you feel incredible!!

I'm running my first 5k in less than two weeks. I haven't ran more than a mile at once yet, so I'm hoping that the same phenomenon that happened to you will work for me, too! You give me hope!
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well done, you should be proud! I'm on week 8 of C25K, but the 5k seems a LONG way off!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Fun to hear these success stories. Great time btw!
  • bag911
    bag911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I agree it is so addicting! Congrats :)
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just did my first on saturday too! It was the Komen Race for the Cure in Virginia Beach... I plan on doing a lot more :)
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing accomplishment!!!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! It's absolutely addicting. I've got my third 5k coming up in two weeks. :drinker:
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Congratulations; that's awesome!!
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! 33 min is good time for your first 5K. Keep up the great work!
  • dipletti
    dipletti Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome time! Congrats!
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It's a great addiction to have.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement - Well done :happy:
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I ran my first one a couple of weeks ago too... it was exciting, intimidating and quite the challenge. Glad I did it and I'm signed up for an 8K in a couple of weeks.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just did my first on saturday too! It was the Komen Race for the Cure in Virginia Beach... I plan on doing a lot more :)

Awesome! How did you do??
  • alschultz33
    Options
    Well done, you should be proud! I'm on week 8 of C25K, but the 5k seems a LONG way off!

You'll get there, don't worry! I've never done C25K but I've heard great things. You'll be knocking out 5K's in no time :)
  • alschultz33
    Options
    Congrats!! I ran my first one a couple of weeks ago too... it was exciting, intimidating and quite the challenge. Glad I did it and I'm signed up for an 8K in a couple of weeks.

That's great! I'm now working up to running an 8K or 10K, depending on when I sign up. I can't wait to get there!
  • alschultz33
    Options
    Thanks everyone who commented! The support on this site is nothing short of amazing :happy:
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Congratulations, enjoy the addiction.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!