Vegan breakfast protein help

Options
and I am allergic to tree nuts. I can have peanuts, but avoid others due to anaphylaxis... that would kind of suck! ;o)

I need some suggestions here... can anyone help??

Replies

• fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    peanut butter+fresh fruit (banana would be best in my opinion)+whole grains (english muffin, rice cake, wrap, oats) = super energizing and filling breakfast!
  • lmmarsh
    Options
    Some Kashi brand cereals have lots of protein - go lean (13 grams) and go lean crunch (9 grams) do, anyway. I enjoy a bowl everymorning with blue diamond regular unsweetened almond milk .. I'm sure they are great with soy milks too!
  • CareyT
    CareyT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Smoothies! Blend frozen or fresh fruit with soft tofu, hemp protein powder, or soy yogurt. Sesame seeds and spirulina are both high in protein and minerals as well and blend right up in a smoothie. You may need some liquid like juice or soymilk to make it blend right.

Tofu, tempeh or seitan scrambled with veggies and a side of whole grain toast or brown rice.

There are all kinds of fake meat products (I know, processed), but some are tasty for a weekend treat. Gimme Lean, a Jimmy Dean sausage sub, is delicious cooked in patties on a non-stick pan in a tiny bit of olive or toasted sesame oil.

You can also put vegan protein powder (hemp, soy, or other) in pancakes, muffins, or biscuits. Make a batch on Sunday and pull one out of the freezer each day, heat, and munch!
  • evradayartist
    Options
    i usually eat some grilled tofu on a slice of whole wheat toast. if you spread a light layer of tofutti better than cream cheese on the toast, then stack on the tofu it tastes delicious and is full of fiber and protein and low in fat.