Prunes - good or bad???

Options
I absolutely love prunes and we all know they are good for one thing in particular ;-) but the sugar content is quite high even when in natural juices..............................so are they best to avoid? Thank you xxxx

Replies

• Helzonline
    Options
    Hi there. Prunes are a natural source of antioxidants so they are very good for you but they are naturally high in calories so I guess as long as you are counting the calories and they fall in your daily allotment then you should be fine. If you love them that much then maybe just use them as you allowable treat occassionaly. x
  • KarenWantsABikini
    Options
    YUM!! my partner thinks i'm nuts for lovin them !

High in Carbs :( ... Have four mixed with diet yoghurt ... oh yum, going to the shops now to get prunes
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I know that sometimes you struggle to eat all of your exercise calories with all the working out you do! This might be a good boost to them for you. I always think that natural things cant be that bad for you and like you said they help things move along! LOL
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Love them in moderation.
  • rvkirk
    rvkirk Posts: 37
    Options
    Love them as a healthy sweet treat, but try to eat them when you have the calories to spare. Though if you just have to have some thing sweet it's better than some refined pure sugar treat :) I love them for breakfast with yogurt.
  • tansyf
    tansyf Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I had five prunes with a Muller fat free Toffee yoghurt, absolutely scrummy!!!! Not a good time of the month and really really craving sweet things and lots of food, don't think the freezing cold weather helps xxx