How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Just curious. Every day seems excessive for me personally, maybe I'll do every week, same time (before eating, after using the bathroom first thing).

Replies

• jla25tra
    Options
    Once a week is the right amount. I used to do every day also and it just goes up and down that I started just weighing every Friday morning before I eat.
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Every day and I do not get discouraged by natural fluctuations, because I have one official weigh in day that I record my weight once a week, Friday mornings. :)
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    every monday......sometimes im just curious and check more but its usually just every monday
  • a_stone_girl_dances
    Options
    Once a week, when I have discipline, ha. It also prevents deterrents.
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My husband stole my scale haha.. I became obsessed and discouraged all at the same time. I focus on measurements now and I get my scale back every 30 days :0/
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I also weigh every day but record only on Friday mornings. It drives my fiance crazy, but I find it helps me stay motivated. I also track measurements once per month.
  • TakuraHunt
    Options
    I sometimes check during the week, but my official weigh in days are Friday mornings as soon as I get out of bed (after I use the bathroom of course)
  • JennInMA
    JennInMA Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Friday AM - I log the weight, even if I gained. I like to see where the fluctations are. Keeps me honest.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in once every week on sunday... but now I usually weigh once a month, and I find that is good for me!
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week (like you said, same time, before eating, after going to the bathroom, haha!). I chose to do it on Friday morning with the thought that if I am a little more lax in my working out or paying attention to what I'm eating, I've got Monday through Thursday to get back on track. It's always worked for me:)
  • terri1020
    Options
    I'm an every day weigh-er. It does help keep me on track and it's SO exciting to see the scale show me a lower number.
  • RichNice
    RichNice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Friday right after my early morning workout....i've done the several times a week then and almost driven myself crazy (see weight fluctuate 6 pounds from one day to another), so now I stick to once a week.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most mornings. I log ALL losses and any gains 3 pounds or more. It keeps me motivated and I have a better idea of when my natural fluctuations occur. In other words, I'm beginning to REALLY know whether that 2 pound jump is really from Aunt Flo & Uncle Crampy or from my own weaknesses in the diet/fitness area.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Motivation if I gain or lose.
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I do it every day that I work out. I do it so that I get familiar with my trends. I tend to go up 4 pounds over the week end only to find that by Wednesday its back to where I thought it should be. I don’t get upset when the scales don’t register the way I would like but I do use it to drive me so I don’t slack up.
  • SadieToughLady
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesdays! I weigh in on Wednesdays and record the weight I see. Wednesdays because it is mid-week when I am more likely to be better disciplined. Mondays are the day after the weekend and I usually drink and eat a little more on those days. I usually weigh more on Mondays compared to later in the week because of water weight from the weekends.
  • xxshenanigansxx
    Options
    Like every 2 weeks... doing it frequently makes me a little obsessive.
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing, but post here no more than once a week, and only if I've lost more than a pound.
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do just about every day and it does go up and down. This weekend I didn't as I was eatting so much, but checked this morning and was up 1-1/2,.
    I've turned off my notification as Im just trying to maintain and get stronger, and didn't need the encouragement everytime.
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I check myself every monday morning at the same time... helps to be consistent with the time of day too...