Insanity + Running = AWESOME!! Down 76 pounds with pics!!

Options
Good morning all!!

I've posted before, but different pics. I wanted to re-post these new ones after taking some new side by side shots this weekend.

I started this journey last year at 260 pounds. I did well for a few months, then I hit a 4 month plateau. I was desperate to get out of it, so I decided to work harder than I had been and eat cleaner than I wanted to.

In May I started to walk/jog at about 221 pounds. I hated it, but kept with it. I then added Insanity in July at about 205 pounds. The results overall have been amazing!! As of now I'm 184 and a size 9/10, down from 18/20.

For those of you ladies whom become discouraged, just know that it is possible to change your body. I don’t see a lot of woman of color posting to the boards, so I wanted to show you especially that change is going to come if you keep working at!! I still have a ways to go, but closer to my goal and more confident in myself!

3985C2D2-BDD3-493F-929D-BDB7A0FCDEF3-1046-00000118627FDB79_zps9f38d5f5.jpg

BFF0DA2D-D07D-48B7-96E7-62BC42D30FBF-1046-00000105BEB42B6E_zpsd8ecc761.jpg

65EF9742-A9EC-48CB-900A-17406B9B3E7F-1046-00000105BD66AAF5_zps77c2b9b5.jpg

15B6FA95-0A66-4806-88B6-9EB7D824B60A-1046-00000105B44EF4E4_zpsb857fd28.jpg

223D0049-C3D5-41F9-BB6F-B2B7466AC8BA-976-000000F31A613A81_zps2a1afcd7.jpg

Replies

• cllovesdw4eva
    Options
    You are awesome indeed (((Tai)))
  • keisha601
    Options
    You go girl!!! You look amazing!!!!
  • womaniam
    womaniam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You are such an encouragement!!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Crud!! I can't figure out how to make the pics smaller!!
  • cdsherer
    Options
    You are my motivation!!! So Inspiring!!!
  • lauraannjohnson
    lauraannjohnson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    Great work!!!!!
  • TELR85
    TELR85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much posting!!! What an inspiration :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, congrats!!!!!!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    your tummy is so tight and toned!!! you look fantastic! congratulations on all your hard work =D
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I can only see part of the pics, but I think you have done an AMAZING job!! And I'm on your bandwagon--can't wait for you to reach your goal.

YOU are AMAZING!!!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!
  • amielcampbell
    amielcampbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, i needed some motivation this morning! :) You look amazing!
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!
  • chynatowngirl44
    chynatowngirl44 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You have done an awesome job, congratulations on the loss
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    How did you handle Insanity with running? I am currently working my way back up on my weekly mileage and I really want to add Insanity (or something like it) in there as well.

But running is my priority. Did you do an alternating schedule? I just dont see how people do Insanity 6 days a week with 4 days of running!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I need to start adding my 2nd workout. I've been running since May, but have neglected my p90x routine. After seeing this post and your awesome pics, I'm going to push myself to get back into p90x while running. THANKS!!! :bigsmile:
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    First of all, amazing job. I'm doing Insanity right now although I had to stop last week due to illness. I'm restarting week 3 today so this post was perfect encouragement.

Did you have to modify any of the exercises? I can do most of month 1 but I have to modify all push-ups right now. We're you able to do both months in a row? I'm worried that month 2 will be too difficult and I won't be able to keep up. Also, how often did you run in tandem with Insanity? Did you follow the meal plan or just try to keep within your calories?
  • Cookie0914
    Cookie0914 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!!! WTG!!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! Sorry, the photos turned out bigger than I wanted, and I'm not sure how to resize (doing all this from my iPhone!)

Overall, it was a combo of eating healthy, Insanity, and running. I usually do at least 2-3 miles a day. I built up over time from barley speed walking! I did do a few modifications for Insanity, and still use some. I swear that day one, I could hardly make it through the routine! I just kept pushing myself more and more each day. About the 3rd week is when I started to notice I could go the whole circuit without stopping. Around the same time is when others noticed I was losing weight/inches. If your just starting, I say don’t give up!! Keep pushing, and if you follow the schedule you will get the results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!