Guess what?!

Options
If you eat a smart amount of calories and move your body a bit - guess what - you lose weight?! Who would have thought that this would work?
lol

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    It's easier than we let ourselves believe it is!
  • ractayjon
    Options
    It's easier than we let ourselves believe it is!

Exactly -- all these fad diets, diet pills, cleanses, only eat grapefruit, choke down lemon juice and cayenne pepper, stand on your head and spin 4 times before you swallow -- the fact that actually counting calories (eating smart) and exercise (move your body) - you can still have favorites just smartly, you can still have beer just smartly, you can still eat cookies just smartly and you can still eat out, take out and sometimes over induldge...and the bottom line is you still lose weight. amazing!
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    It's crazy, isn't it?

I am partial to spinning around on my head four times though....:laugh:
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It's crazy, isn't it?

While ingesting lemon & cayenne.................... :laugh:
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS POST.

It's so true! I have been on MFP for almost a year now and I am down over 20lbs. I was on maintenance for a little while over the holidays, but started up again in FEB. This site has taught me so much!

I wish anyone who is struggling with starving themselves to lose weight to find MFP. You are so suprised that you CAN eat anything you want as long as you watch your portion sizes and get movinggggg!

Have a great day everyone!
  • ractayjon
    Options
    It's crazy, isn't it?

While ingesting lemon & cayenne.................... :laugh:

the right marketing will sell ANYTHING! Heck, after we all hit our goals Im going to take all our before and after pictures and sell air - I betcha people would buy it! HA
  • sheri3762
    Options
    Isn't it funny to think that eating more (and all day!) and getting up off the couch to move a bit will help us loose weight! I gotta tell you, I had a really tough time in the beginning because I'm old school and when my Mom use to lose weight, she did it by starving herself! I guess when we grow up believing less is more, then its hard to make the adjustment to more is more with added activity.

My sister just started on here and she said to me yesterday, I can't believe how much food I'm eating! How will I ver lose weight eating this much! I had to chuckle cause I thought the exact same thing! I tell ya, I truly wish I would have grasped this process 20 years ago! It is so easy now that i understand it all! I've managed to find a motivation that i never thought I had!

Since I started here, I've gotten a few others on the band wagon! That in itself is really rewarding! So to the initial poster, your right! Its just amazing to beleive this really does work!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I remember back several years ago, when I was keeping my weight at a great level and working with my sister. We would sit down for break and I would pull out a HUGE lunchbox and start to eat. She had several extra pounds and never ate. She used to get so angry that I could eat so much and stay slim. It really does work when we keep our metabolism high and fuel our body. I must have forgotten that simple secret over the past few years. :wink:
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I feel like I can eat most of the day and still stay witin my calorie goals and lost weight. The days I exercise I don't even know what to do with myself. My husband and I are both on MFP doing this together and it was an adjustment at 1st. You do have to eat smart or your calories are gone in no time but I've managed to be able to have a couple beers some days, eat out (mmm, had chinese food the other day) and live a pretty normal life! In just two months my husband and I have EACH lost 20 lbs...mine says 19 but weigh in is tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'm down a little more.

This is awesome! I can't wait until I get to be a MFP success story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!