Awesome story. Thanks.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. This was awesome. :flowerforyou:
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Wow...what a beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Congrats on your journey thus far and keep on moving. One pound at a time.
  • CCmomof5
    CCmomof5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow... I'm not going to lie, I teared up a little reading this.

Me, too!! I REALLY appreciate this story - talk about a renewed perspective!!
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. That really puts things in perspective. You have a great attitude and I wish you nothing but the best on your journey. One day at a time, you WILL get there. Just keep moving forward. Remember even if you trip up, you still move forward. :) You are doing great!

All the best.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow, that put things into perspective for me. Thank you.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Another example of why I reached out to become MFP friends with you, what an awesome story! Thanks for sharing :)
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great story!! Isn't it amazing how just when you need it most (and sometimes don't even know you need it) something happens that helps put everything into perspective?

My moment like this was around mile 11 of my first half marathon. I was struggling and thinking holy crap I can't do one more step. I turned a corner and up in front of me I saw a soldier in fatigues and battle gear humping along carrying a pack that probably weighed at least 20 lbs. This was the beginning of March in Dallas so it wasn't face of the sun hot but it was a warm sticky day and the humidity was killing me in my shorts and tank top. I could only imagine what that soldier was going through. He was running for the Wounded Warrior Project - running for all of the soldiers that can't run anymore.

God kinda put me in my place. I quit my complaining and was thankful for every painful step to the finish line!!
  • scandiebirdie
    scandiebirdie Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You inspire me!

Your posts make me smile!

..and my "invisible" MFP friend, I really really need that. So know this: Your posts, your progress and your determination and not least your humour make a Great difference to me!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    what a heartwarming and inspirational story. thanks for sharing and congratulations on your weight loss so far and good luck for your continuing journey. :-)
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story. Life is all about perspective, and you clearly have a bright outlook for your future.

And I must say, I love when you have little moments that force you to push yourself just a little harder, like you increasing your pace to catch up to the lady. I remember early in my weight-loss journey, I went out for a long walk. I had planned a route that I think was just a few miles. I remember I got to the point where I was supposed to turn right and head home but up ahead of me was a huge hill. I realized, tired as I may be, I had to go up that hill. I huffed and puffed my way up it, and what did I find when I got to the top? Just a little ways ahead was yet another hill. Either I had to turn back or keep going. I kept going. I ended up on the top of a hill that overlooks the city both north and south of it. The smog didn't make it the most beautiful sight, but I realized at that moment that nothing could stop me, and nothing has. Those little moments are precious.

I love this :)
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Your posts are so inspiring!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    THIS is amazing! Thank you so much for this post!
  • dylan104373
    dylan104373 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow...that's the most inspiring thing I've read on here so far. Thank you. (sending you a friend request)