Childhood imagination games

2»

Replies

• We played Tarzan , cowboys and indians, hunters..and we were always outside, even when it rained.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    STAR WARS!! We used to run missions in the playground during recess at school... I was always Leia since I was the only girl in our group... That was awesome.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    We used to throw the para-trooper soldiers off the roof of a cousin's apartment building and see if we could get down the six flights of steps before it reached the ground. Someone usually had to be downstairs to be the judge.
  • MSxJENNY
    MSxJENNY Posts: 106 Member
    Me & my friends used to play our version of double dare (nick's tv show). we would make obstacles & all that.

We also had our own retail store infront of my house... We would grab junk from my house
    & set a table up in front of the house & sell whatever we can LOL.. but no one bought anything

We also played church (catholic) where one of us was the priest & the others were mass attenders..
    & gave candy as "the body" & drank grape juice as the "blood"...
    we got punished after from my grandparents. Looking back.. that was a bad idea. haha

Ahh.. I miss being a kid.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    We played a game called Mother May I.... though i doubt i could remember how to play it anymore
  • _Elemenopee_
    Cat's cradle
    Chinese jump rope
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    When I was a kid we had this wooden furniture with pretty sharp edges. My brother, sister and I (one of us at a time) would lay in the middle of the living room with our arms and legs spread out and try to trip the other two while they ran in a circle around us.

We also play a game where you jump from piece of furniture to piece of furniture-like the ground was the ocean and we couldn't "fall in".

Looking back, these don't seem like such good ideas and I'm really surprised no one ended up in the hospital.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    We lived in a new subdivision that was surrounded by corn fields on 3 sides (raised in Iowa) & we used to make trails through the corn & ride our bikes on the "track" to see who could do it the fastest (of course there was always a ramp leading up into the corn to start off the course). I'm certain the farmers were less than pleased with the precision of the "tracks" we created! LOL
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    we always played a game where i would invariably end up tied to a tree....whether it was cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, even transformers...i always ended up TIED to the TREE....

we'd use the fence as a net and play volleyball between our two back yards...

my BFF was a boy named Aaron...we'd play hide and go seek with the little kids and once they were hiding we would take off and lock ourselves in a room in the basement and kiss and stuff...

we would play barbies...that always evolved into playing real life barbies where I was barbie and Aaron was Ken and I had to do WHATEVER he said....(usually involved raiding the kitchen for his supper...he WAS a hungry businessman you know...oh and kissing...)

remind me again why I'm trying to figure out why i turned out the way I did??
  • _Elemenopee_
    You just reminded me of "7 Minutes in Heaven"

We were a bit older though..lol

AND spin the bottle!

TRAMPS!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    OMG...and when we girls got together we would play games like dividing up ALL the boys in the class between the three of us....so you know...we each had our mini harem...

somehow I always ended up with Aaron, Keven and Deven....but that's ok..they were the cutest anyways...

AND we would see who could swing on the swing the highest and jump off and see who landed the furthest...

We would also kick our little brothers and sisters out of the sandbox and try to make the BIGGEST castle in the world...we would often enlist my one friends older brother to help us....

And there was the time we played strip poker in the garage with cards we made out of torn paper, because one of the boys had snuck out of bed and watched his parents play it with their friends over the weekend...so he knew HOW....and he taught all of us girls...funnily enough...we didn't realise he had hid jackpot being the only boy in the garage....we just knew we were doing something verboten...

Running through my Grandpa's wheat fields with my cousins trying to get lost...and yet praying you didn't because that meant grandpa would have to find you and he didn't like that....

jumping off of hay bales in to the straw pile at the bottom...

who could hold their breath the longest when swimming at the lake....

who could swim across the lake to the dock at the other side (smallish lake)

Truth or dare and the OUIJA board...omg...we scared ourselves to death with that stupid board more than once.

jumping on our beds and singing to our favorite bands...while wearing our hair in neon bow ponytails....
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    I try to play as many silly games as I can... www.nerdfitness.com got me started on a few of them again.

Lava is now a great way to keep the kids sitting down, because if you fall in the lava, you have to sit on the floor behind the big chair for 5 minutes to be reincarnated :D
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    We played a game called Mother May I.... though i doubt i could remember how to play it anymore

I loved this one! "Mother may I?", "Yes you may."
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    "don't step on a crack or you'll fall and break your back"
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    We always played Charlie's Angels and kick the can.... Wow so much fun going down memory lane,
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    When my brothers and I were being dragged around shopping with my parents, we would play the "anything you touch you like" game. And then proceeded to push each other into really ugly pieces of clothing. :p
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    floor is lava is a classic
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    My friends and I chose the best front lawn on the street and played "imaginary horsies" on it. The lawn was our "arena" and we took turns being the riding instructor while the rest of us chose a horse from our "stable" and then proceeded to ride around the arena!

I am pretty sure people who drove by thought we were insane but we had so much fun we didn't care!
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    i used to pretend my barbies were on rides at the amusement park. i had that game with a velco pad and a ball that you threw at it. i strapped the velcro band to a ceiling fan, threw my barbies up there so they would stick by their hair and turned the ceiling fan on and watched them go!

me and my siblings also moved the trampoline under our bedroom window (on the 3rd floor) and would jump out the window using blankets as parachutes

and you can't forget matress surfing on the stairs :laugh:

...we were some wild kids haha...
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Colored eggs.