Care to join me for some P90X?

Options

Replies

• capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    TP- welcome and great for you and your BF for joining you. It is always nice to have someone there physically to help push you. You will do well. I am a week behind you on this but none the less I will put you on my calendar for your ending date. Welcome aboard and extend the welcome to your boyfriend for me as well. I will send a friend request

Catepillardr-you are welcome, we will help you get through this so that there are no more attempts but a definite completion. What has stopped you in the past? I have been there too and mine was work and family. Although I stopped I made the decision to finish although with the time I lost you could say I could of just started over. Needless to say you are hear, you know what it takes to finish and you have the tools. I’ll do my part to help motivate you, I too am doing classic as well. Don’t worry about the calorie burned I too think that P90X 600 calories burned is a bit on the high side. To be fair if you pushed it maybe but for me I would say 300-500 calories burned may be right. Lol I feel ya on the hip flexors. Keep going.

Fish3367-Did your disks come with the nutrition guide getting started book by chance? If not I’ll give you a quick over view. The program is divided into 3 workout types 1) Classic, 2) Lean, 3) Doubles. Classic is more of a straight up weight and cardio routine where the emphasis is weights. Lean is just that. It concentrates on leaning you out through mainly cardio exercises, and minmal weight. Doubles is torture in my book it is like classic but you do 2 workouts in one day. If you got the time and drive do this one as you will burn more calories with doubles, but I do caution you that it is tough. The nutrition guide is excellent in helping as well. Hope that helps. Please ask questions if you have any.

Vsetter-Sorry for the late response. Again I took the week off, but am back on track now. First off yes WoW is what I usually hear from people after they get a taste of the workouts. Welcome aboard, together we will get through this journey. I hope you do not lose interest as time goes, so keep pushing play. One thing I forgot to mention is that if you have a coach on beachbody already I suggest you go to him or her for any help but I am here as well to help, as I have gone through this before. Don’t stress to much on the nutrition plan. You are on the fat shredder correct? What is your calorie goal? For now do all that you can to reach your daily calorie goal. If we have to we will modify when we can. Welcome aboard

Latingiggles-Hey there welcome. How did it go? Keep us posted.

Mzedavis-Wow yes of course I will add you. Welcome aboard. How is it going? Are you doing classic, lean or doubles. So you are probably on recovery week or about to start month 2 right?

Radscorpion-That is cool, variety is good as well, how is it going with you doing it that way? I’ve done a hybrid of P90X and Insanity and it was great. Keep pushing play.

The Dude-Hey there welcome aboard. How is it going for you. Are you following the nutrition to a tee?
    Robinogue-Wow August nice. You got some results than huh? Cool. Please feel free to share any of you knowledge with the group.

MsP90X-Like the name. Good maybe you can push all of us since you 2 are almost done…. Keep pushing play.

Danalaine-Yea of course, request sent. Again nice to have a success partner to work with. It helps with motivation and competition (if you are into that). I finished X2 2 weeks ago and have a recovery (indulge) week last week, so here I am now. Yes I agree, a good group to provide motivation is perfect. Welcome aboard.

Rlad6421-Welcome and yes I do think this will do the trick for the last 6. You just have to stay diligent with the nutrition. Is 6 what you are targeting? Any other goals? Was I correct in the descriptions of the Lean workout?
    Starcovitch-Yea buddy, I started today the 8th as well. How did it go for you? I made it through with flying colors. I even challenged myself by adding weight to my pullups. I added 35 lbs weight and did 6-8 reps all clean with no kip. Welcome aboard.

Sheerjay-welcome aboard girl. I too love a challenge, friendly competition always lites a fire under my @$$ to work more, come on girl bring it lets do this all in good fun with good people….

Nola985-Request sent, nice to hear that you are on week 8. Congrats on the weight loss. 20 lbs is very good. Yea…

Well that is everyone. Hope to keep this going. Remember this is not just a 90 day thing this is a total change for the better. To your health everyone...
    Charlie
  • capinoy
    Options
    Day 2 for me and it was Plyo X. For those doing this with me hope you guys are busting your butt just as hard as I am. Bring IT
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Plyo for me tonight too... gonna BRING it for sure!

Have a great day everyone and just push play :)
  • meettheblunt
    Options
    Yea P90X is killer ahah, I'm currently on week 6 and still going!!! Kind of following the nutrition plan as much as possible. Seeing some progress already so I'm happy. Good luck with your guys' P90X adventure aha.
  • capinoy
    Options
    MsP90X-Go get it girl.
    Meettheblunt-No kidding man. Been through it before now coming back. It still kicks my butt. Do stick to the nutrition as much as possible or stay strict to it. I do believe those 90 day results can happen and can come earlier than 90 days. You just have to stay dedicated.

Check back here daily if you can. I'll try to keep this up for the whole journey and more. Keep pushing play all
    Charlie
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi folks. I'm just curious what calorie level the ladies are at.

I am 5'5 and 130#. My BMR is around 1300. My TDEE is somewhere around 1900-2100, depending on activity level.

P90X suggests my calorie level be 1800.
    I have been eating at 1700 (but haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks to see if there is a difference -- planning to weigh-in on Sunday)
    My coach is suggesting 1500.

What level are you at? Where should I be? I'm thinking 1600, as I am scared to go down to 1500.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi my fellow P90X friends.

Just finished day 10. And its been a challenge But a good challenge. I have not missed a day. Before I would miss a day and say it would be no problem, but this time around, I am going to bring it.

Hope everyone else is doing well and still on track.
  • caterpillardreams
    Options

Catepillardr-you are welcome, we will help you get through this so that there are no more attempts but a definite completion. What has stopped you in the past? I have been there too and mine was work and family. Although I stopped I made the decision to finish although with the time I lost you could say I could of just started over. Needless to say you are hear, you know what it takes to finish and you have the tools. I’ll do my part to help motivate you, I too am doing classic as well. Don’t worry about the calorie burned I too think that P90X 600 calories burned is a bit on the high side. To be fair if you pushed it maybe but for me I would say 300-500 calories burned may be right. Lol I feel ya on the hip flexors. Keep going.

Thank you very much for the encouragement. Back in the day it was hard transitioning from working to being a full time mom. I was just figuring it all out again. Body changed drastically with the pregnancy, both times. I know this time is different, I want it for real and I am not going to give up.
  • capinoy
    Options
    vsetter-I dont know what to say. I think though you can get away with 1600. If you are currently at 1700 wait till sunday and then make adjustments from there. For me when I plateaued I asked my coach and he had me go up in calories. Keep pushing through though. For me the lbs dont matter much, as much as how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit. Maybe someone else can chime in.
    caterpillardr-I use to be like that as well, but I would say i'll make it up later, and when later came I pushed it off to the next day saying that I'll double up. Not anymore. I get mad at myself for missing a day. I did sleep in this morning for YogaX but will make up for it tonight. I will post later on tonight.
  • caterpillardreams
    Options
    vsetter-I dont know what to say. I think though you can get away with 1600. If you are currently at 1700 wait till sunday and then make adjustments from there. For me when I plateaued I asked my coach and he had me go up in calories. Keep pushing through though. For me the lbs dont matter much, as much as how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit. Maybe someone else can chime in.
    caterpillardr-I use to be like that as well, but I would say i'll make it up later, and when later came I pushed it off to the next day saying that I'll double up. Not anymore. I get mad at myself for missing a day. I did sleep in this morning for YogaX but will make up for it tonight. I will post later on tonight.

Thats what I do. If I miss it it during kids afternoon nap, I just do it at night, even if they are up and about. Or after they sleep. Good for you, I 'm doig Yoga X tonight as well, love it
  • capinoy
    Options
    Today was the start of week2 for me. I did chest and back and will do ARX tonight. As for C&B I upped my numbers by adding extra weight to my pullups. I got 35lbs attached and was able to knock out 8 pullups for each workout. Nice feeling. I need to get my sister in law to talk to you females here to get her on board. She is a stay at home mom and has gotten comfortable but knows that she needs to lose weight. How are all of you doing on your run at P90X?
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Today was the start of week2 for me. I did chest and back and will do ARX tonight. As for C&B I upped my numbers by adding extra weight to my pullups. I got 35lbs attached and was able to knock out 8 pullups for each workout. Nice feeling. I need to get my sister in law to talk to you females here to get her on board. She is a stay at home mom and has gotten comfortable but knows that she needs to lose weight. How are all of you doing on your run at P90X?

whoa. week 2 and doing 8 pull ups a set with 35 lbs weights? I'm jealous! That is awesome.

Today was the start of week 6 for me. Last Friday while trying to up my pull up game I pissed off my back and have had scapula/back pain. I finished the workout and was able to do Kenpo on Saturday easy enough. Also did Yoga X on Sunday instead of stretch X. But today on C/S/T I was feeling the back problem still. So I'm just trying to heal up without stopping my workouts. Fingers crossed.
  • vsetter
    Options
    I'm moving along. Start week 3 today. Week 1 went great and week 2 was just okay. I got that terrible cold that everyone seems to be passing around. I was able to get in all three strength days and plyometrics, but missed yoga and kenpo.

Yeterday I was really sick (kenpo day) and I was pouting. See -- I weighed myself in the morning and checked my body fat (electronic hand held thing) and NOTHING had moved. So I pouted and didn't pay attention to what I ate or drank. I know, not the best behavior, but I was upset. Spent the day trying to figure out my next move (change my diet, increase cals, decrease cals, quit p90x and do my own routine.....).

This morning I checked the scale and body fat again. The weight was up 1 pound (didn't bother me -- daily fluctuation and the diet from Sunday was probably high salt). The body fat had dropped from 25.5% to 23.2%. Doesn't really make sense to me, but I checked it a few times and keep giving me the same answer. I may go have some one check me professionally with calipers, but in the meantime it has restored my motivation. So -- I'm keeping everything the same for now.

Regarding the routines --- does anyone find the legs and back less challenging? I am surprised at the lack of weights used in this program. I don't find it easy, but at times, I don't think I am lifting enough (by using my body weight alone).
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15 of doing P90X and Insanity simultaneously :) Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm moving along. Start week 3 today. Week 1 went great and week 2 was just okay. I got that terrible cold that everyone seems to be passing around. I was able to get in all three strength days and plyometrics, but missed yoga and kenpo.

Yeterday I was really sick (kenpo day) and I was pouting. See -- I weighed myself in the morning and checked my body fat (electronic hand held thing) and NOTHING had moved. So I pouted and didn't pay attention to what I ate or drank. I know, not the best behavior, but I was upset. Spent the day trying to figure out my next move (change my diet, increase cals, decrease cals, quit p90x and do my own routine.....).

This morning I checked the scale and body fat again. The weight was up 1 pound (didn't bother me -- daily fluctuation and the diet from Sunday was probably high salt). The body fat had dropped from 25.5% to 23.2%. Doesn't really make sense to me, but I checked it a few times and keep giving me the same answer. I may go have some one check me professionally with calipers, but in the meantime it has restored my motivation. So -- I'm keeping everything the same for now.

Regarding the routines --- does anyone find the legs and back less challenging? I am surprised at the lack of weights used in this program. I don't find it easy, but at times, I don't think I am lifting enough (by using my body weight alone).

If you find legs and back less challenging, add weights to everything - even when Tony says "no weights". I'm carrying at least 15 pounds in almost every exercise. I was experiencing the same thing - now it's a heck of a lot harder :)
  • capinoy
    Options
    I agree, add a bit of weight to it. I too have had to add weight, as it got too easy. Just do not go too heavy.
    No for accountability. Today was plyo and I still came on strong. Glad I did not out grow this on. The sweat was pouring afterwards. I somehow tweaked my left hamstring or something because it hurts. Gonna give the foam roller some attention tonight. Thanks all for being on this post. This will be a fun. 82 more days to go...
  • capinoy
    Options
    Man, I forgot to post my week here???? Not good. I did follow the workouts outlined for the week. Today was Legs and Back and again I brought it with extra weights on the pull ups. 35lbs to be exact. Still need to finish up ARX tonight.
  • vsetter
    Options
    I got a barbell this week!!!! Looking forward to using it :) I may need a few extra leg exercises to tonight's workout!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15 of doing P90X and Insanity simultaneously :) Feel free to add me if you'd like!

are you doing a hybrid? what do you mean by simultaneously?
  • Hudsonhawk74
    Options
    i am an insanity graduate and moved on to p90x i am starting week four on Monday and love it so BRING IT Joe aka (MULE)