Last 10lbs Group - March Challenges

Options

Replies

• ellipse22
    Options
    You burnt you toast.........too funny!

I skipped breakfast this morning because I was busy....gotta get back on that wagon!!

elipse22-You will do it! Did you get your shoes yet?
    [/quote]

My shoes aren't in yet. I am hoping sometime this week.
    A co-worker gave me a starter routine I can start at home. 3x a week. I'm going to start tomorrow...it doesn't require shoes LOL
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi all, can I join?? I'm 5'8" and 146 and am hoping to be about 135 by the end of March because I'm going to Miami. So far, I lost 10lbs, and I need to lose this extra 10. For right now, I exercise pretty much daily and have been using Jilliam Michaels 30 day cut book, which is kicking my butt. I also, in between, am running and am not eating sugar or carbs.

Hi & Welcome!! :happy:

What is your weigh in day?

Ist there a normal weigh in day here, if not, I guess I'll weigh in on Mondays :smile:
  • ellipse22
    Options
    Hi all, can I join?? I'm 5'8" and 146 and am hoping to be about 135 by the end of March because I'm going to Miami. So far, I lost 10lbs, and I need to lose this extra 10. For right now, I exercise pretty much daily and have been using Jilliam Michaels 30 day cut book, which is kicking my butt. I also, in between, am running and am not eating sugar or carbs.

Hi & Welcome!! :happy:

What is your weigh in day?

Ist there a normal weigh in day here, if not, I guess I'll weigh in on Mondays :smile:

I think the majority of us weigh in on Thursday. You pick whatever day works for you though!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Insanity is just that......insanity. :laugh: If you like cardio over weight-liting than that's the series for you. I was doing it up until two weeks ago but had to stop because I got hurt.

It's a crazy hard workout for sure! We're gonna try P90x since it's more resistance training as opposed to cardio.
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    As I mentioned earlier about "thinking thin" I have been thinking that my goal of 130lbs isn't going to satisify me. I'm going to get to 130lbs first and then see where I stand.
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    It sounds like you and I are very similar--I started at 142 and have a 130 lb weight goal but am thinking that 130 might not be enough once I reach that goal! Thinking optimistic about this program! Weigh in on Friday and cannot wait to see my total weight loss so far!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    We are similar! I started at 143lbs. I'm down 5lbs and don't feel any different. This is why I think losing another 8lbs isn't going to make much of a difference either.

How tall are you? I'm 5 6 1/2 ". I use to be 5 7 but I have deteroriating discs in my back and I'm shrunk :laugh:
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    I am 5' 7" !!! VERY similar! Wow! I'm glad to have found someone in the same boat as myself! It will really be fun to chat along the journey!
    We are similar! I started at 143lbs. I'm down 5lbs and don't feel any different. This is why I think losing another 8lbs isn't going to make much of a difference either.
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    I am 5' 7" !!! VERY similar! Wow! I'm glad to have found someone in the same boat as myself! It will really be fun to chat along the journey!
    Okay, I'm not the most technically advanced person, but I do know computers and for some odd reason, I keep having problems with the "quote" option....
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Back from California having celebrated 2 birthdays and 2 housewarmings.:flowerforyou: My weigh-in won't be 'til Friday. So hopefully I will be on track by then. I am right in-line with several more of you. 5'5" just under 140 and wanting to see what 132 looks like. (Probably haven't been that weight since 10th grade! :noway: ) But, since MFP seems to be working for me I figure I may as well make a challenging goal. Have been keeping up the water drinking and will go back to logging tomorrow. So I'll be in touch! Welcome to new folks and lets keep up the good work all!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    Okay, I'm not the most technically advanced person, but I do know computers and for some odd reason, I keep having problems with the "quote" option....

When you are quoting someone you type after the "quote" to say what you want to say. Or you can click "reply" and just reply by leaving a post - just be sure to put the persons name that you are speaking too..if you want!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    I got up early this morning to do the routine that a friend of mine made for me. It's something I can do at home with minimal weights just to get me going. Well...it all went well and did what I was suppose to except for the my abs. I could barely get my legs off the floor for that one. Not just because it hurt my abs but it really hurt my back. I should have excepted it to hurt!

I hoped on the scale just to see if TOM had affect me at all this week...well with 1 day left before I officially weigh in...it looks like I may be up 1lb this week..which is tough for me considering I've eaten really well! UGH!! Guess I have to wait & see what tomorrow brings!!

Welcome back from Cali!! Wish I had been there!! FUN!!!
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! So I have been doing great sticking with the water challenge and actually going over my goal for my water intake! I've been doing good sticking to working out this week too...so I'm REALLY hoping the scale gives me a good number this week! I didn't have much time online yesterday so I'm trying to catch up on posts, but hope everyone is doing well and staying fit and healthy! :flowerforyou:
  • vanimami
    Options
    Good morning all, ladies I'm with you guys, my goal is like 135-130, but I never feel any different when I lose weight, so I want to see where I stand when I get there. My love handles and stomach are the last to go and I want them to be first, so we'll see.

BTW, since this group is only working on like 10 pounds, you guys should check out Jilian Michaels 30 day cut book, it's only for the last 10-20 pounds and I already lost 10 pounds using her book, so something you guys can consider as a change of pace :smile:

Anyways, this morning, I didnt' work out because I went to sleep late last night, so I will run about 4-5 miles on my lunch hour and then maybe do a cardio class after work or run again w/ the dog, we will see :happy:
  • ellipse22
    Options
    Good morning all, ladies I'm with you guys, my goal is like 135-130, but I never feel any different when I lose weight, so I want to see where I stand when I get there. My love handles and stomach are the last to go and I want them to be first, so we'll see.

BTW, since this group is only working on like 10 pounds, you guys should check out Jilian Michaels 30 day cut book, it's only for the last 10-20 pounds and I already lost 10 pounds using her book, so something you guys can consider as a change of pace :smile:

Anyways, this morning, I didnt' work out because I went to sleep late last night, so I will run about 4-5 miles on my lunch hour and then maybe do a cardio class after work or run again w/ the dog, we will see :happy:

Is what you are talking about an actual book?
    I hear ya on the love handles...I lose it in my face, chest and then maybe my waist...my abs and thighs are the last to go!!!!!

P.S. Be prepared for the thread to close..I'm thinking it may do it at 100 posts.
  • ellipse22
    Options
    I like the 21 day challenge idea... I am a fan of everyone having the same challenge though, so that we all can root each other on and give tips and pointers along the way. I feel that we would have more of a bond as a team if we did it together. :smile:

I think checking in on the challenge daily would be a good idea.

A suggestion to make it easy is.... Try to follow me here : )

If we are all myfitnesspal friends, everyday one person.... ellipse22 maybe? Or whoever logs in first for the day.... could post in the News Feeds (which shows up on our homepage of my fitnesspal) the challenge. Then we all could 'check in' by making a comment on our outcome underneath the News Feed. : )

This way it is easily accesible everyday on our home page and we don't have to search for it, and we all can easily cheer each other onto success!

Just an idea! Let me know your thoughts......

That sounds like a great idea to me!

Starting March 1st I will post in my news feed about the challenge. I think we still need to determine if we are doing a group challenge or individual challenges??
  • vanimami
    Options

Is what you are talking about an actual book?
    I hear ya on the love handles...I lose it in my face, chest and then maybe my waist...my abs and thighs are the last to go!!!!!

P.S. Be prepared for the thread to close..I'm thinking it may do it at 100 posts.

Yes it's a book and all it is is 30 days of circuit training, plus a diet based upon you, and the work outs are TOUGH! But yeah, I really ahve to work on my sides and my gut, once those go, I will be happy :smile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    This challenge has hit a new level for me....I've realized I am only 10 pounds away from what I weighed when I got married - 20 years ago APril 7th....I'll be there again!

FOCUS! DETERMINATION-I will do this!
  • vanimami
    Options
    This challenge has hit a new level for me....I've realized I am only 10 pounds away from what I weighed when I got married - 20 years ago APril 7th....I'll be there again!

FOCUS! DETERMINATION-I will do this!

Wow, that must be an awesome feeling, good job! I know, I've been thinking the same thing about Focus and determination. Yesterday, my wonderful bf asked me to get him Chinese food :grumble: and I really wanted to eat some myself, but I stuck with it because I'm so close to my goal and that will only screw me over! We're all going to do this :)
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I like the 21 day challenge idea... I am a fan of everyone having the same challenge though, so that we all can root each other on and give tips and pointers along the way. I feel that we would have more of a bond as a team if we did it together. :smile:

I think checking in on the challenge daily would be a good idea.

A suggestion to make it easy is.... Try to follow me here : )

If we are all myfitnesspal friends, everyday one person.... ellipse22 maybe? Or whoever logs in first for the day.... could post in the News Feeds (which shows up on our homepage of my fitnesspal) the challenge. Then we all could 'check in' by making a comment on our outcome underneath the News Feed. : )

This way it is easily accesible everyday on our home page and we don't have to search for it, and we all can easily cheer each other onto success!

Just an idea! Let me know your thoughts......

That sounds like a great idea to me!

Starting March 1st I will post in my news feed about the challenge. I think we still need to determine if we are doing a group challenge or individual challenges??
    I like the idea of a group challenge too. It will be easier to hold everyone accountable and cheer each other on!