Vending Machines at Work

Options
2»

Replies

• newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I am really lucky I work for Dole Foods we have a free vending maching with fresh fruit and fruit cups in it and a great canteen with only healthy options...

They even put out hummus and crudites as a free snack in the afternoon.

You can still eat to much but it is all good they won't even serve drink with sugar in the soda fountain

I think I need to work at Dole.

We have a basement cafeteria where a guy named Tito will make you food (in absurdly large portions) and there's also vending machines with snacks, candy, soda and general junk. I've just stopped going to the basement and try not to eat anything I didn't pack in my lunch bag. I do wish we had healthy options though...it would make the days I forget my lunchbag a lot easier.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    We have vending machines at work but nothing healthy.

We have a hot drinks machine
    A machine with crisps and chocolate in
    Machine with fizzy drinks
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Can I come work by you!! That is awesome!!

Yeah I am REALLY lucky they take care of us this way... The fridge used to mostly be soda, but there have been some good changes since then :) We also keep all kinds of teas, granola, cereal, oatmeal in the shelves. Oh and Dove chocolate promises for when you just need them. SO GLAD I don't have to deal with a vending machine.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    we have drink machines...and vending machines..they have like snack cakes, and chips..then another machine with sandwiches, rred bull, pineapple cups and mini lunchables...not that bad but could be alot better...
  • JolieJemmaMomma
    JolieJemmaMomma Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do you have vending machines in your office or workplace? Soda/snacks? What about healthy alternatives like HealthyVending.com or another?

We have a soda machine and the HealthyVending idea was shot down as being too expensive. I'm hoping to hear a success story on vending machines!

How do i get a job here???? :)

ooops quoted the wrong post!
  • JolieJemmaMomma
    JolieJemmaMomma Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am really lucky I work for Dole Foods we have a free vending maching with fresh fruit and fruit cups in it and a great canteen with only healthy options...

They even put out hummus and crudites as a free snack in the afternoon.

You can still eat to much but it is all good they won't even serve drink with sugar in the soda fountain

How can i get a job here???
  • JenM76
    JenM76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Do you have vending machines in your office or workplace? Soda/snacks? What about healthy alternatives like HealthyVending.com or another?

We have a soda machine and the HealthyVending idea was shot down as being too expensive. I'm hoping to hear a success story on vending machines!

We have several options for sodas. We have coke and pepsi products, so there is Diet Coke/Pepsi, and also Coke Zero. There is also water, but why pay $1.25 for a bottle when there is *free* filtered water?

As for vending machines, there are a few "healthy" options. I just choose to stay clear of the machine all together just to save calories and money. I bring some greek yogurt for my afternoon snack, and that generally holds me until dinner.