I seriously ate that many calories?!

Options
laurenellenmarie
laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
Before I began My Fitness Pal a Fazoli's normal meal for me consisted of....

Regular Fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli
A side salad topped with house italian dressing
And around three breadsticks

all of that totals up to.....1465 calories!?!
Of all that is holy..... :noway:

Replies

• LindsayHein
    LindsayHein Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel. I definately can't eat like I used to. There is no way that much food would fit in my stomache anymore. Weird how things change.
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    Ahh that's scary to think about! Hello celery sticks.. D; x
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You're tellin' me. My favorite Panda Express meal has 1900 calories. I also used to eat a lot of Applebee's wings. 1300 caloreis for one order of wings. Then you throw in fries and a few refills of soda and you're at about 2000.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    You're tellin' me. My favorite Panda Express meal has 1900 calories. I also used to eat a lot of Applebee's wings. 1300 caloreis for one order of wings. Then you throw in fries and a few refills of soda and you're at about 2000.

Applebees calories don't count because you just end up throwing them up anyway
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation last month. All inclusive drinks and food. When I came back, I tallied up an average day, including all my food and drinks, not even kidding you, it was around 5,000 calories. Granted, I was eating and drinking more than the average person, but I wasn't gorging myself... it's nuts how many calories some things have. Needless to say, when I came back from my 8 day vacation, I had gained 10 pounds. I was upset, but thought to myself, I cant REALLY have gained that much weight. So I went back to my regular 12000 cal a day diet and lost the 10 pounds in 6 days, and even an extra pound on top of it.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation last month. All inclusive drinks and food. When I came back, I tallied up an average day, including all my food and drinks, not even kidding you, it was around 5,000 calories. Granted, I was eating and drinking more than the average person, but I wasn't gorging myself... it's nuts how many calories some things have. Needless to say, when I came back from my 8 day vacation, I had gained 10 pounds. I was upset, but thought to myself, I cant REALLY have gained that much weight. So I went back to my regular 12000 cal a day diet and lost the 10 pounds in 6 days, and even an extra pound on top of it.
    Yup went on a cruise and did this. Lost it all quickly too because it was mostly water weight. But man was I bloated and feeling like a slug for several days after that vacation. Yuck!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a whole medium peperoni pizza 1,664 for dinner o.0 that didn't include the Mcdonald's Big mac meal and pancakes,eggs and bacon in the morning >.< Oh how things have changed
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

What did you drink with it? Alcohol, or even soda, brings it up a few hundred more calories! This is pretty typical for a restaurant meal, unfortunately.

However, that doesn't mean you can't ever go out again. You could still get the same entree - eat half of it. Skip the breadsticks, or just eat one - I don't do bread with pasta anyway, because pasta IS bread. You'll probably get just as much enjoyment out of it with half the calories.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was recently in the mid-west for a business trip, and I decided to check out restaurant menus online before I did... the salads at Hard Rock Cafe, which I thought would be the "healthier" options, were all upwards of 800 calories. One was over 1100!! And here I'd thought that I was being generous saving myself 700 calories for dinner... EESH!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I now have a totally different concept of how much I need to eat.
    I used to eat WAY too much...and thus, the weight gain!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

I still eat 1500 calorie meals...

Ohai.
  • laurenellenmarie
    Options
    Oh yeah! An order of Shrooms at 54th street is 1300 calories! I ate that and at least two tall 32 oz Boulevard Wheats every Sunday. Sometimes four Boulevard's....Makes my eyes roll back in my head just thinking about it!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Mmm. Sounds awesome.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I drank several glasses of white zinfandel last night, total calories unknown, but probably way over 500. Had to celebrate Dallas missing that field goal. :drinker:
  • laurenellenmarie
    Options
    Haha it was Irish Fest here last weekend...I'd log all that I drank if I could remember.
  • chinasaurus86
    Options
    i totally feel you- i used to eat the chicken crispers at chili's and JUST the chicken had like 1300 calories. it completely blew my mind when i found out. needless to say, i avoid that at all costs lol.
  • KristysLosing
    Options

What did you drink with it? Alcohol, or even soda, brings it up a few hundred more calories! This is pretty typical for a restaurant meal, unfortunately.

However, that doesn't mean you can't ever go out again. You could still get the same entree - eat half of it. Skip the breadsticks, or just eat one - I don't do bread with pasta anyway, because pasta IS bread. You'll probably get just as much enjoyment out of it with half the calories.

:noway: Skip the breadsticks??? Forget the salad! lol (to all concerned...I'm kinda joking)
  • bonemuse12
    bonemuse12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure buffalo wings are the end/all be all. Hooters, Buffalo Wild Wing, Rings and Wings; it doesn't matter, because they are all something close to 100 cal/ wing. I used to be able to put down 16-20 wings, plus dipping sauce, plus fries, plus BEvERages. 3000 cals, no problemo.

Don't even get me started on Reese's Peanut butter cups.

And now I want wings. Good thing I can just dunk some chicken tenders in buffalo sauce and be happy!

~TK~
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fabulous 'cheat' meal.

^^^ MMMM Peanut butter cups!
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Logging makes you realise just how bad some things were. I would not think twice at polishing off half a large pizza and think about having another slice but now I actually feel guilty having one piece!!!