Well...that was a kick in the face.

Replies

• NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Sounds like more of a kick in the rear than a kick in the face! (Since it's motivating you and not holding you back)

Congratulations on 9 pounds overall and 5+ this month! You're doing fantastic.

I didn't see results until I hit about 15 pounds. My clothes were a teeny bit looser, but I couldn't see a change in my shape. About 20 pounds into it there was no denying it.

Keep up the great work!
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Sounds like more of a kick in the rear than a kick in the face! (Since it's motivating you and not holding you back)

Congratulations on 9 pounds overall and 5+ this month! You're doing fantastic.

I didn't see results until I hit about 15 pounds. My clothes were a teeny bit looser, but I couldn't see a change in my shape. About 20 pounds into it there was no denying it.

Keep up the great work!

This is very true! And wow...I keep hearing 20 lbs. I know I can handle it (not being able to see a difference for that long) but it's definitely gonna be a struggle!

Thank you! I'm definitely not giving up anytime soon!! :happy:
  • postcall
    postcall Posts: 12 Member
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    This is very true! And wow...I keep hearing 20 lbs. I know I can handle it (not being able to see a difference for that long) but it's definitely gonna be a struggle!

Thank you! I'm definitely not giving up anytime soon!! :happy:

if you do like you said -
    And starting ASAP, I will be weight lifting.
    , I bet you will notice a big difference. Since starting MFP, I am only dow 24/25 lbs but am down more than 4 inches in my waist.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    You did say you feel better. That's a great change!
  • It takes about 20 pounds before I see the difference...that darn stomach fat!
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    I know how you feel.. I was looking in the mirror myself and thought I wasn't seeing any change.. .then I looked harder and noticed some of that nasty cellulite on my upper legs isn't there.

Your attitude is supreme, you're letting it push you harder instead of giving up. I've only lost 7 lbs and I don't expect to see a real change for some time.. but I'm dreaming of that day!

Keep up the great work and great attitude!
  • Well, this is my second attempt at losing 20lbs. I did it 7 years ago, and unfortunately put it back on over the past 2 years. This is actually my first day on mfp, so to hear you be discouraged and still hang with it is inspirational... good for you! I'll try and remember that throughout the next few months when I don't see a sudden change in myself. i know when I lost the weight before I was the same way. It seemed to take forever to see a difference. The thing is, even when I finally got to my goal weight, over the next 4 months I still saw my body change. It seemed to take a while to catch up to the weight loss... so hang in there... it'll all come in due time, and it'll be worth the wait!
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    I feel you on this one. I took pictures at 20 lbs and wanted to cry because I looked exactly the same. I keep telling myself pictures aren't perfect. I know my cloths are fitting looser, I know I've had to go down in the size cloths I buy (in fact I went bra shopping and had gone down three inches). I'll take pictures again at 40 lbs and expect I'll see more of a difference then. *fingers crossed*

Keep going, keep trying. You will get there.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Sometimes it takes my body a little time to catch up with my weight loss. I'll lose weight, then be plateaued and suddenly I drop a pants size. Huh??? Remember, this lifestyle change is a marathon, not a sprint. Good for you for getting up and running off your frustration about lack of size loss so far. You are going to see excellent results from that mentality, versus our old one, "might as well give up and go have ice cream".
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Way to kick back!
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Just posting because I love this thread and want to follow it.
    I still feel like a before picture and I've lost 18 lbs so far... I guess it's time for me to start actually kicking myself into gear and doing some situps. Gaaaaah I hate exercise. but I hate being out of shape even more!
    So although I'm going to the pizza party tonight, I will be having the salad... with soda water, not beer.
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    I am the same way. Losing weight does nothing for my appearance besides making me lose my boobs. Lifting does help you look better, but the scale will scare you when you lift and build all that muscle. It's a very confusing decision.
  • victorious27
    Just posting because I love this thread and want to follow it.
    I still feel like a before picture and I've lost 18 lbs so far... I guess it's time for me to start actually kicking myself into gear and doing some situps. Gaaaaah I hate exercise. but I hate being out of shape even more!
    So although I'm going to the pizza party tonight, I will be having the salad... with soda water, not beer.

Forget that! It's a pizza party! Eat the pizza!! Don't go to a party FOR pizza and NOT EAT the pizza!

I'm kidding and if you actually listen to me saying to eat the pizza, I may have to find you and smack you. :grumble:

On another note.... yay! You like my thread! :happy:

ETA: You'll get there! "No one ever said it would be easy," blahblahblah. You know where I'm going. Good luck! :happy:
  • victorious27
    Sometimes it takes my body a little time to catch up with my weight loss. I'll lose weight, then be plateaued and suddenly I drop a pants size. Huh??? Remember, this lifestyle change is a marathon, not a sprint. Good for you for getting up and running off your frustration about lack of size loss so far. You are going to see excellent results from that mentality, versus our old one, "might as well give up and go have ice cream".

I think that type of thing is happening to me? In some weird way? It'd be my luck to lose 40 lbs and still wear a 13/14 US jean, lol.
  • victorious27
    I am the same way. Losing weight does nothing for my appearance besides making me lose my boobs. Lifting does help you look better, but the scale will scare you when you lift and build all that muscle. It's a very confusing decision.

I've heard so many good things about weight lifting, but I've always done so well with walking/jogging.

And then my boyfriend and brother (who lift together) started on me to start lifting weights...and now I'm more intrigued and DEFINITELY wanna do it. Especially after seeing so many good results after looking it up. It really seems like the direction I need to go for how I want my body to look.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Wow...I came in here expecting a pity party. I almost feel like I got trolled, but in a good way. O_O

Excellent attitude, and I wish you the best of luck. Bust your *kitten*, and you will love your results in the end. :)
  • victorious27
    Wow...I came in here expecting a pity party. I almost feel like I got trolled, but in a good way. O_O

Excellent attitude, and I wish you the best of luck. Bust your *kitten*, and you will love your results in the end. :)

Trolled in a good way, haha.. I like that!

Thank you! After all of the encouragement in here, I know I must be heading in the right direction! :happy:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    the way the topic started I was like NOOO its not just about.... and then the end was like YEESS WINNING!!

you go girl!
  • victorious27
    the way the topic started I was like NOOO its not just about.... and then the end was like YEESS WINNING!!

you go girl!

Thank you, deary!

Your reply made me laugh, actually...that's why I had to quote it! :laugh: