New to MFP, not new at trying to subdue the PCOS demons!

Options
Hi All

I'm a 35 year old Londoner who has finally had enough of feeling terrible, tired and achy thanks to the toll PCOS has taken on my body. I've let it rule my life for far too long and so here I am :)

It would be nice to make some new friends along the way and to take some inspiration from like-minded people, with PCOS or not.

Good luck to all on the road to better health and happiness!

Replies

• leylarna
    leylarna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 30 and was diagnosed 5 years ago. I also run a facebook group for women with PCOS and fertility problems.

I only joined MFP tonight so feel free to add me :D
  • Lalimama
    Options
    I was diagnosed when I was 17 but the docs kind of left me to it and gave up on me when the Pill and metformin didn't change my weight for the better. I will add you now :)
  • leylarna
    leylarna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is the group http://www.facebook.com/pcosawarenessuk1

My doctor told me I had 'awkward ovaries" took me another year to get a clear diagnosis and then was just left to it as well. Its not since I started trying to get pregnant 18 months ago that anyone took a blind bit of notice. I've had no medical help at all with my weight loss, I was 20 stone and down to 18 using weight watchers but its not made a difference in over a month so I'm trying something new (this) on the recommendation of friends.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hello hello! My boyfriend lives in London and I'm all the way here in LA, welcome to MFP... I am new as well!
  • Lalimama
    Options
    It took me a year to lose a stone on WW so I can relate. They are pretty carb-heavy which is no good for us with PCOS as insulin resistance is a major problem. Someone suggested Slimming World but as this is free I thought I'd give it a go first :)

I really wish you the best with getting pregnant as I know the heartache that can come from a PCOS diagnosis. I always wanted a big family and I had various scans, was told I would need to lose half my body weight (8st), and a miracle to fall pregnant so I more or less gave up on the whole thing... Christmas 2010 the unimaginable happened and I was nearly 16st and not following any kind of medical plan so I guess a miracle did happen after all!! Pardon the pun but keep at it!! :)
  • Lalimama
    Options
    Hi from London. Long distance huh? I don't envy you that as my baby's dad is from California but we didn't make it sadly :( Thanks for the welcome and I hope MFP fulfils whatever you want it to do for you :)