Open diary users willing to share some <400 cal recipes?

Options
katg73
katg73 Posts: 77 Member
Hello all,

Are there any open diary folks out there that I can add that are pretty savvy with the 400 calorie meals? Looking for some new ideas so I can prevent any slumps that could come up! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    try my chicken salad or tuna salad. its yummy!
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has tons under 400 calories.
  • katg73
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing, cbrabbit25! And thanks for the website, jbr03 - will def be visiting that a lot.
  • hopsywopsy
    Options
    Hi

I have an open diary, but not sure you can see my recipes (certainly haven't entered method). Here are some of my favourites at the moment:

Prawn Madras - 178 cals, plus rice and veg: http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/prawn-madras. You could replace the prawns with chicken, etc. (brown first, then simmer until cooked). The base sauce is a great thing to have in the freezer and bring out for a quick meal.

Hairy Bikers Sweet & Sour Chicken (288 cals + rice+veg) or HB Chicken Korma (298cals + rice+veg): www.bbc.co.uk/food/programmes/b01m2f0d

Veggie Moussaka (385 cals plus salad): http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/vegetarian-moussaka

Also, here is a vegetable sauce I make, blend and serve with pasta. It is from a "childrens" cook book but I really like it and it is low calorie:

1 tbsp light olive oil
    1 onion, chopped
    75g carrot, chopped
    1/2 stick celery, chopped
    75g courgette, chopped
    75g mushrooms
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 tbsp tomato puree
    400g passata or chopped tomatoes (in the UK this is 1 tin)
    100 ml vegetable stock

Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    Add the courgette and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the crushed garlic and cook for one minute.
    Stir in the tomato puree, passata/chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. (This is a good time to put on your pasta also)
    Puree with an electric hand blender if you wish, or serve as it is. Serve with pasta and a little parmesan.
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Kumara, Capsicum and Lentil soup

about 800g Kumara (sweet potato), peeled and cut into chunks
    2 red capsicums, seeded and cut into chunks
    4 big roma tomatoes or 1 packet mini roma totatoes, chopped roughly
    1 red onion, very roughly chopped
    2 tsp chopped garlic
    1 1/2 litres veggie stock
    400g can of lentils, drained
    olive oil

preheat oven to 180
    toss kumara in a little bit of olive oil (or spray oil), chuck it on a baking dish, bake for 15min
    add capsicum, tomatoes, onion and garlic and a little bit more oil, and put back in the oven for another 20min
    transfer roasted veg to a big saucepan.
    add stock, bring to the boil on high, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20min
    puree with a stick blender, then stir in lentils

makes four massive serves, around 300cal each\
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has tons under 400 calories.

This one gets my vote....I found quite a few things to cook. Lately I have busted out the crock pot. The Sante Fe Chicken and the Chicken Enchilada Soup is delicious.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i post pics of majority of my meals on instagram addiction_major2015

I also have open diary for friends so feel free to add me :)

I'm eating dinner that is 340 cals...half a baked potato with shredded cheese/sour cream and green onion, a sauteed chicken breast and sauteed baby bella mushrooms SOOOO YUM
  • imsleepdeprived
    imsleepdeprived Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Oooh, need to check out that recipe website.

I have recently discovered Spark Recipes which has some great healthy recipes.

I used from Spark yesterday and had leftovers for today baked chicken eggrolls, they are about 120 cals each and 2 are very filling if you add some veggies as sides.

My diary is open to friends, feel free to add me, not a lot of recipes but certainly a lot of food combination ideas, I log everything except herbs and spices and teas.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Follow our Instagram and Twitter @theskinnylist for drinks, snacks, and full meals 250 calories and under!

Our site, www.theskinnylist.com is still a work in progress... but it does contain some helpful food posts and recipes.
  • losingittogain
    losingittogain Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    www.ourbestbites.com has an awesome black bean soup that is 125 calories and 8 gr. of fiber per cup. Check it out! We love it! Also today I made skinnytaste.com's pumpkin cupcakes with pumpkin spiced cream cheese frosting for 121 calories per cupcake! They were really good. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-pumpkin-spiced.html
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Mine is open...feel free to look through and take away from my meals
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Follow our Instagram and Twitter @theskinnylist for drinks, snacks, and full meals 250 calories and under!

Our site, www.theskinnylist.com is still a work in progress... but it does contain some helpful food posts and recipes.

Instagram FOLLOWED!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    There's a book called 400 calorie meals that i found useful. Its from prevention. There are some on the website too!

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/diets/find-out-how-400-calorie-meals-help-you-lose-weight
  • katg73
    Options
    i post pics of majority of my meals on instagram addiction_major2015

I also have open diary for friends so feel free to add me :)

I'm eating dinner that is 340 cals...half a baked potato with shredded cheese/sour cream and green onion, a sauteed chicken breast and sauteed baby bella mushrooms SOOOO YUM

Added! Thanks!
  • katg73
    Options

Instagram FOLLOWED!

^DITTO!
  • katg73
    Options
    Wow, thank you so SO much to the friendly folks that I am now friending! And the recipes people have posted, I'm glad I have them to easily go back to. It is definitely helpful to have the extra ideas floating around, even if it is just ingredients that I can dapple in =D