Pills Pills Everywhere aka Miracle weight loss

Options

Replies

• avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I tried the Mega Green Tea pills. I thought it was suppose to be just concentrated green tea cause I didn't want to drink a bunch of tea all day. Turns out there is a bunch of processes ick in it to hold it together. Regardless, withing 20 minutes of taking it I had a migraine. Not just a headache but a migraine. I was light sensitive, sound sensitive, moving made me sick. I took a couple of Excedrin hoping to kill it but the only thing that worked was going to bed and sleeping it out of my system. I thought maybe it was just a fluke so I tired it again about a week later and same thing. Just tossing out my experience.

Very interesting, YES this is the type of things i'm looking for also, will look into supplements, like green tea and ketones
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I tried Xenadrine. Stuff made me jittery and like my heart was trying to pound out of my chest. Very unsettling feeling. Haven't touched anything since then.
  • sheilahoff5
    Options
    Please reconsider and do it the old fashion way - eat less, workout more. My Mom recently passed away and the COD was determined to be OTC diet pills and poor nutrition which caused a heart attack. There is no substitute for hard work and pills aren't the answer.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I took diet pills when I was in college because I was young and naive. These pills helps helped me lose ZERO lbs and gave my chronic and severe high blood pressure. I now have to take Lisinopril and monitor my BP everyday just so I don't have a heart attack by the time I'm 30.

I won't say that all diet pills are a scam, because I haven't tried them... but ask yourself? Is it worth the risk?

They were one the biggest mistakes I've ever made.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    No, I prefer to buy shoes.

:drinker:

And new clothes to fit my rocking new body that I got with diet & exercise!
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    I take Slimquick Razor twice a day and have been doing this since I started on this website in July. I think they really help me. I have had no side effects at all and actually feel more energized in taking them and less hungry.
  • avir8
    Options
    Interesting, sounds like a lot of people prefer the "energy" inducers (caffeine etc) over the fat burners but I gues it helps to have energy to workout as well.
  • CymruBiology
    Options
    I tried the E/C stack, it gave me way too much energy. I felt buzzed all the time.

It did work(I think) but it wasn't worth the hassle.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    "Interesting, sounds like a lot of people prefer the "energy" inducers (caffeine etc) over the fat burners but I gues it helps to have energy to workout as well"

The fat burners don't really burn fat. They say that it spikes your metabolism, but my doctor said you get the same spike running up a flight of stairs. I've tried Stacker2 and the Green Tea pills.
    I didn't have any results...I wasn't moving or eating right, so duh nothing happened.
    I did get stage 2 hypertension though at the age of 17.
    Watching yourself and moving is so much easier...and you don't have to tape yourself to your desk at work afterward. :)
  • HashtagTraci
    Options
    I take 10,000 mg of vitamin D as well as fish oil and B complex everyday to help boost my metabolism. Keep it natural. :)
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Read Eat to live changing my life.
  • Mrs_Me
    Mrs_Me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Only a short while ago, I was eyeing up Acai Berry, wondering if it was worth the money...
  • avir8
    Options
    I take 10,000 mg of vitamin D as well as fish oil and B complex everyday to help boost my metabolism. Keep it natural. :)

Not trying to be rude, but do you have any scientific research to back this? I just never heard of this. I highly doubt it's true, just don't want you to be spending your money on things that scam you out of your dollars.
    I guess they boost energy, that's what I've heard, will look into this
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    No pill has been proven to provide any greater results on weight loss. If you want it for energy, like caffeine, so you can push harder and longer during your workout its one thing but will it make you lose weight or fat faster, the answer is no.

Yep- this is why I take them. I don't drink coffee, and I used to take 5 hr Energy, DynaPep etc (and still will have one occasionally)- but now I just take the Hydroxycut Max for the energy boost. There is no "magic pill" that will melt away the fat, there are just tools that can help you do your work. I have a really high tolerance for caffeine (actually for ALL drugs), so I don't get the racing heart/jittery stuff.
    But- for anyone, you should listen to your body, and just put the work in!
  • HashtagTraci
    Options

Not trying to be rude, but do you have any scientific research to back this? I just never heard of this. I highly doubt it's true, just don't want you to be spending your money on things that scam you out of your dollars.

my doctor reccommended the high dosage of vit D when I complained that I was having a hard time losing weight. I added the other supplements myself when I heard that they also help with metabolism. I do believe that this worked for me because not long after I began taking it I finally started losing weight. that was 66 lbs ago. :)
  • Lorlei25
    Lorlei25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Most diet pills have a stimulant effect, which will temporarily stoke your energy level and suppress your appetite. But in the long run you have to realize that you will have to keep increasing the dosage to get the same effect as when you started and deal with unhealthy side effects. Using stimulants is like taking a loan from a bank, you borrow that energy at the expense of creating adrenal fatigue! Our poor adrenals get stressed out from all that stimulation and when you are done adding all of that chemistry to pump them up they are often limping along trying to get back up to speed, at great expense to your body and rebounding low energy and fatigue. Think about high cortisol levels and what they do to you. When you add excess stimulants, the body is under stress, think "fight and flight" responses. The body really doesn't distinguish the chemical from actual stressors and pumps out adrenaline, cortisol etc....It alters the natural cycles, this,not to mention anyone who has high blood pressure or heart disease can be greatly harmed. Look up some natural adrenal adaptogens such as rhodiola or ginseng that will help with energy levels.
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use the Zija moringa oleifera supplements, I think they are helpful to me as far as making sure I get all the vitamins and minerals my body needs and cutting down on cravings. I like the detox tea at night, first to keep me from snacking too much and second it's supposed to help clear out the toxins released from fat cells when they are burned for energy. I could still lose weight without it, but to me it's a tool that helps just like MFP.
  • andriaxo26
    Options
    I'm in love with "Green Tea Fat Burner" liquid soft-gels. They are fairly inexpensive ($10.00 for 90). I think the bottle says to take four a day but I find myself more than happy with just one. It gives me the boost I need for my workouts and really helps with my insane appetite!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No pill has been proven to provide any greater results on weight loss. If you want it for energy, like caffeine, so you can push harder and longer during your workout its one thing but will it make you lose weight or fat faster, the answer is no.

Yep- this is why I take them. I don't drink coffee, and I used to take 5 hr Energy, DynaPep etc (and still will have one occasionally)- but now I just take the Hydroxycut Max for the energy boost. There is no "magic pill" that will melt away the fat, there are just tools that can help you do your work. I have a really high tolerance for caffeine (actually for ALL drugs), so I don't get the racing heart/jittery stuff.
    But- for anyone, you should listen to your body, and just put the work in!

You do realize that hydroxycut just dehydrates you right? There are much better/cheaper alternatives that can provide you a healthy energy boost without the ill side effects of hydroxycut.
  • HashtagTraci
    Options

my doctor reccommended the high dosage of vit D when I complained that I was having a hard time losing weight. I added the other supplements myself when I heard that they also help with metabolism. I do believe that this worked for me because not long after I began taking it I finally started losing weight. that was 66 lbs ago. :)

Where you losing weight before? For example did you stall out? then stat taking these supplements. Or did you start taking this when you started working out and eating better?

I was only losing about a pound a week before I started taking the supplements.. that was with working out every day & a low caloric daily intake. I assumed it was because of my metabolism because i've lost weight in the past and it came off faster than that, but then I wasn't in my 40's and a womans metabolism slows down at my age. Thats why I went to my doctor to ask for her advice. The same routine plus the supplements and I started losing 10-12 lbs a month. I'm a firm believer now in vitamins ~ before this experience I would have been skeptical as well.