68 lbs lost - gained 12-14 lbs - on MFP to lose them!

Options
Hi guys!

I'm so excited to be on MyFitnessPal!

So here's my story...

My whole life I was overweight/obese - but I was never teased or made fun of in high school so I never felt the emotional need to lose the weight, although I knew I needed to. It wasn't until June 2008 (I was 21 at the time) when my college roommate wanted to go on the master cleanse diet to lose some weight for graduation. The entire apartment decided to support her, so we did it for 10 days and I ended up losing 15 lbs. This is what started it. I started working out and plateued for a couple months only losing 5 more. I was a vegetarian at the time, so I decided to take the full plunge into veganism and within 8 months I had lost 48 more lbs (from eating on a strict vegan diet and working out).

I have since stopped being vegan and have gained back about 12-14 lbs and hover at 128-130 lbs right now at 5'1, which is why I joined MyFitnessPal to really understand the macros of the foods I'm putting into my body and help shed the last 12-14 lbs at a slow and steady pace.

Everybdy loves visuals, so here are some pictures:

*BEFORE are my senior pictures from 2005 (where I was around my heaviest at 185+ lbs)
*AFTER are all taken this year, 2012 (where I have been hovering 130 lbs)

ano386.png

Again I'm so excited to be here on MFP, meeting people with the same lifestyle changes and goals! :)

Replies

• MelodySanchez
    Options
    You will get back down for sure! You've done so well already! Congrats on your success and you look absolutely stunning!
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I love this site... so great for accountability and even more amazing because of the motivation from the members :)
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    well done on your loss so far your soon loose that last bit and you look lovely
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    First... You are gorgeous! I am sure your never tired of hearing that.

Lastly, the motivation is the key.... It is really hard loosing by yourself because lots of people don't have the integrity to do it. They have to have someone watching them. I admit. I am one! When I was in the military and I was running with my guys. I loved doing it because I had fun with it and they will motivating me along with it. They never looked down on me. They always picked me up.
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look great! =D I'm excited for you! You can do it!
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    You are a very beautiful girl, before and after. I know you can do it and do it you will. Let us know when you have achieved it! Good luck to you and I look forward to hearing of you again on here.
  • theskinnylist
    Options
    Thank you guys!

I have a NSV of getting into this white lace dress for my wedding in April - definitely a big goal of mine. Let's do this :)
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job!
  • Eeyores
    Eeyores Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful in ALL the pictures... Yes the big weight loss is obvious!!!!! What a Great Job!!!!! Wow! I look forward to losing that much !!! You will get rid of the pounds you regained.. Just keep going!!! Have a Great Week! : )
  • dtenzie
    dtenzie Posts: 24
    Options
    Did you reach your goal from diet alone or did you exercise too?

Congrat on the progress..
  • jenkinsdeb
    Options
    Nice work,,,well done. From debs in Dunedin new Zealand. :-)
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    you did wonderful and your a very pretty girl, you can lose it again in no time :)
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    What I love most about what you said, is that you're working to make sure you fit all the macros :-)

Love that!

Though I'm guilty of having something bad occasionally, I much prefer people to commend me on my choice of food rather than just the number of calories =D

Keep it up!!
  • mercymarque
    Options
    You look fab... If you stick to the calorie plan MFP provides the weight will come off.
  • want2feelbetter
    want2feelbetter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    welcome back ! But you are beautiful either way : )
  • theskinnylist
    Options
    What I love most about what you said, is that you're working to make sure you fit all the macros :-)

Love that!

Though I'm guilty of having something bad occasionally, I much prefer people to commend me on my choice of food rather than just the number of calories =D

Keep it up!!
    Exactly! I know what to do to lose the weight quick.... lower calories. But that usually results in short term results.... What's great about MFP is I understand what it is I'm putting in and in turn I'm losing that extra weight for good (cross your fingers!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!