Is it practical to take smoothies to work?

Options
DJ2120
DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
I was thinking of making one in the morning & taking it to work to have later. Is this a good or bad idea? Any ideas on the best way to keep & transport? TIA!

Replies

• Findleyn
    Findleyn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually take my protein shake to work, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to take a smoothie. Do you have a fridge at work that you could store it in? Either way,i have seen shaker bottles/water bottles that have a center core that you freeze, so that would keep it cold without watering it down if you don't have a fridge and there are always thermal/insulated lunch bags that you could put an ice pack in. I guess a lot would depend on the fridge and how much later you would plan on having it. Hope that helps a bit!
  • DJ2120
    Options
    I usually take my protein shake to work, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to take a smoothie. Do you have a fridge at work that you could store it in? Either way,i have seen shaker bottles/water bottles that have a center core that you freeze, so that would keep it cold without watering it down if you don't have a fridge and there are always thermal/insulated lunch bags that you could put an ice pack in. I guess a lot would depend on the fridge and how much later you would plan on having it. Hope that helps a bit!

Yes, I have a fridge at work. I'll have to just give it a try & see how it works out.
  • Hdarcher09
    Hdarcher09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make it the night before and freeze it overnight. Then let it thaw throughout the morning. By lunch you will have a nice smoothie
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have been taking protein shakes as an afternoon snack before I head to the gym. . I used a lidded cup and stir it before I drink it.. Just make sure that it is closed well.
  • turkdean
    Options
    I take a veggie\protein type drink each morning. I make the night before and take to work - have in the am. I take right in my magic bullet cup with lid.
  • slenderbecky
    Options
    Yes! I do this all the time. I make my smoothie, put it in a large jar with a screw top lid, add some ice to it and put it in the refrigerator as soon as I get to work. It is still nice and frosty when I drink it 3 hours later.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips everyone!