fruits and sugars

Options
Just a quick question:
Every time I eat fruits; grapes, apples, pears, anything - my sugar goes hella over. Should I just ignore the fact that it's so far "over" because it's fruit sugars and not bad candy sugars?
Also, I don't know much about fruit sugars... are they good? bad? moderate? have no meaning really?

Any help would be wonderful!
Thanks guys :)

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I would like to see someone who only eats fruit and is fat!
  • Dunrick
    Options
    The sugars from fruits are naturally occuring and work better with your body and are not just empty calories they come with vitamins, minerals... so on and so forth. I wouldn't worry about it since you are more then likely burning them off.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    If the fruit sugar is bad really depends on your body and how you pair the fruits when eating. Try to alternate you fruits instead of eating grapes and banana's everyday (not saying that you do) try blueberries or strawberries etc. And always eat the serving size. I like the big gigantic apples but that ends up being 3-4 servings so I try to choose the very small ones. I personally don't worry about it too much. I eat 3 serving of dairy a day and my sugar total is shot.
  • cmdelux
    Options
    If you were diabetic, eating too much fruit might be more of an issue. I agree with the previous post about all of the "good" things you get when you eat fruit. Not to mention all the fiber! That's where eating fresh fruit is so much better than fruit JUICE.....even 100% juice doesn't have the fiber that the piece of whole fruit does and it is much less satisfying than the piece of fruit.