and BAM I see food..
and I eat it...

How did you break the SEEFOOD diet?
How do you get to tomorrow?

Replies

• 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    sometimes the SEEfood diet consumes me.. but i am better during the weekdays while working... i just try to drink lots of ice cold water to help take my mind off of it, and keep well stocked on crunchy veggies and fruits
  • sselraef
    sselraef Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    sometimes the SEEfood diet consumes me.. but i am better during the weekdays while working... i just try to drink lots of ice cold water to help take my mind off of it, and keep well stocked on crunchy veggies and fruits

Me too, I'm AWESOME at work,
    and then...I get home or the infamous "almost home"

good plan on the water and veggies...
    It sucks when no one else is on a diet
    and you are :P
    or so it seems
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Key for me....and I definitely don't always do this...is 1) Have a plan, and 2) have the right foods on hand when you're hungry. The worst hour for me is the time between when I hit the door after work and the time supper is ready to be served. If I don't have healthy snacks on hand while I am preparing the healthy dinner I have already planned, I will have consumed every chip, cracker, cheese etc. in the house before I can come up with a better alternative.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    plan ahead and stick to the plan.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I live with my bf and he doesnt need to lose weight, but he's super supportive and he only eats his crappy foods at work so our house only has healthy options!
  • sselraef
    Options
    Key for me....and I definitely don't always do this...is 1) Have a plan, and 2) have the right foods on hand when you're hungry. The worst hour for me is the time between when I hit the door after work and the time supper is ready to be served. If I don't have healthy snacks on hand while I am preparing the healthy dinner I have already planned, I will have consumed every chip, cracker, cheese etc. in the house before I can come up with a better alternative.

yeah, that sounds like a great idea
    I assume I'll eat a couple chips and a little salsa
    and then half the bag is gone...
    I'll preplan snacks
    thanks so much
  • sselraef
    Options
    I live with my bf and he doesnt need to lose weight, but he's super supportive and he only eats his crappy foods at work so our house only has healthy options!

My boyfriend used to eat healthy and work out everyday
    he met me and gained 60 pounds. D:
    We're not so good and motivating each other
    and he's a "I'll start tomorrow"er too...
    but I will talk to him about it
    and maybe we can work on this together
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    For me I do so well 3 weeks out of the month, and 1 week I do horrible. That week is ALWAYS the week before my period comes.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Quite simple..start today..go to the gym..go for a walk..start now and once you start eat right log food get motivation to stick with it from MFP
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    In all honesty it comes down to will power. You have to dig it out of yourself and learn to tell yourself no.

And presorting snacks, and meals is a great thing to do as well.

Do not allow yourself to get too hungry because you will binge.

Drink plenty of water..a lot of times mindless eating stims from thirst. If you aren't getting adequate water you might be mistaking hunger for thirst.

And I reitterate...YOU HAVE TO TELL YOURSELF NO!

Liz

mommyweighless.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/MommyWeighLess?ref=tn_tnmn#!/MommyWeighLess
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I am waaaayyyy more susceptible to the SEEfood diet when I go too long without eating, or eat too many refined/processed carbs

For example, I am perfectly content to eat my veggies with yogurt dip at 10am as my morning snack. But, if I get stuck doing something that doesn't allow me to eat around that time, by 11am I am very prone to ignoring the healthy prepared snack in my lunch box and grabbing a donut instead. I found that my blood sugar is more stable if I don't have toast in the morning, so I recently switched from eggs w/ toast to veggie omelets for my breakfast.

Maybe try having some trail mix or nuts or something before you leave work so that you are satiated while you drive home and prepare dinner.
  • nannysnowflake
    Options
    I'm a "seefood"er at heart, especially snacks! I find what works for me best is planning foods as much as possible because I know if I don't have the caloric allotment left, I won't eat it. I would def say having some healthier snacks around as well, or pre-portioning your favorite snacks into healthier servings. I find if I'm bored, I'm also more likely to want to snack or nibble on things around the house... so maybe having a go-to activity to do if you find yourself peckish.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    You can do what I did, continue that cycle for the next 20 years then wake up one day and you are 45 and 100 lbs heavier than you were at 25. Then start the long hard road to getting the weight off with a body you have abused for 20 years.

I would suggest you figure it out a lot sooner than that. Trust me, it only gets harder the older you get.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Don't diet. Just eat what you want within reason, and stay under your calories. If you think of certain foods as "evil" it will make them all the more tempting and you will lose control. Just like when you are a teenager and you hear "smoking is bad" and you go out and smoke. At least that's what it is for me. If I know I can have any food I want, it kind of loses its appeal.
  • milzu
    milzu Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I have two danger periods - from after lunch to about 3pm, and from when I get home to dinner time.

Solution: carrots, water and gum to snack on in the afternoon, and then I either eat dinner as soon as I get home, or I take the dog for a walk.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is at work, not when I get home. People have a habit of bringing goodies to share. In self-defense, I've been keeping plenty of good healthy foods at work. During the day I'm fine, and can stick to a nice normal lunch and dinner. But at the end of the day, sometimes I just want something more. Quinoa, peanut butter, olive oil popcorn....it's healthy stuff instead of junk, but it still adds up to too much sometimes.

And the equivalent of "I'll start tomorrow" is usually "I'll take the dog on a nice long walk when we get home." If it's another two hours before I can get home, I may not have the energy or time to take the dog. Then it's, "I'll catch up on my day off," or "I'll catch up on the weekend." Which I do get to sometimes, but not always. :-/
  • sselraef
    Options
    I am waaaayyyy more susceptible to the SEEfood diet when I go too long without eating, or eat too many refined/processed carbs

For example, I am perfectly content to eat my veggies with yogurt dip at 10am as my morning snack. But, if I get stuck doing something that doesn't allow me to eat around that time, by 11am I am very prone to ignoring the healthy prepared snack in my lunch box and grabbing a donut instead. I found that my blood sugar is more stable if I don't have toast in the morning, so I recently switched from eggs w/ toast to veggie omelets for my breakfast.

Maybe try having some trail mix or nuts or something before you leave work so that you are satiated while you drive home and prepare dinner.

great point, thanks
  • sselraef
    Options
    Don't diet. Just eat what you want within reason, and stay under your calories. If you think of certain foods as "evil" it will make them all the more tempting and you will lose control. Just like when you are a teenager and you hear "smoking is bad" and you go out and smoke. At least that's what it is for me. If I know I can have any food I want, it kind of loses its appeal.

haha seriously
    my dr said I should stay away from oats
    I never eat oats
    now...all i want is oats
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Besides drinking water until you burst, stop buying the junk then it's no there for you to eat. That's what's worked for me. I'll keep healthier choices around like veggies with light ranch, baked chips, yogurt, bananas, lean lunch meat, laughing cow light garlic & herb cheese with reduced fat crackers. These are all things I truly enjoy so I don't feel deprived. Also, when I know I'm going to eat because I'm bored I exercise instead. I know they're all obvious things, but it's what's kept me at it & successful for the last 8 months. If you're serious about doing this & need encouragement or advice, feel free to add me. I log daily. :)
  • catinohio
    catinohio Posts: 82 Member
    Options

This is most excellent advice. I also find that keeping this food/exercise diary raises my awareness and helps keep me on track. Knowing I have to log it in makes me reconsider whether I really want it.