Losing weight everywhere but my stomach

Options
I've lost 20 pounds, but it doesn't seem like any of it is from my stomach area. I'm wokring out 5-6 times a week plus dieting and I can see other areas of my body slimming down and I can tell that I have gained some muscle in my stomach, but it isn't getting any smaller. Anyone have any advice?

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds, but it doesn't seem like any of it is from my stomach area. I'm wokring out 5-6 times a week plus dieting and I can see other areas of my body slimming down and I can tell that I have gained some muscle in my stomach, but it isn't getting any smaller. Anyone have any advice?

I am in the same boat as you. Lost 20 lbs - can see it in my face, maybe my arms, my neck and although I can fit smaller sizes in my jeans...I don't think my belly is going anywhere! FOOEY!
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Good to hear I'm not the only one! I've lost like 10 pounds everywhere BUT my stomach. That is what I"m worried about most since I'm going on Spring break, and it's frustrating. It just sucks because everyone's body is different and handles weight loss different...my stomach is always the LAST to go :grumble: :mad: :grumble:
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Are you actually doing measurements? I thought the same thing until I compared pictures and did measurements and found out I was losing in my stomach. Just a thought. :)
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Are you actually doing measurements? I thought the same thing until I compared pictures and did measurements and found out I was losing in my stomach. Just a thought. :)

I did this, too. I lost like .5 inch off my waist but like 2-3 off my thighs and chest :grumble: Iwant to lose 2-3 off my waist and just like .5 off of everywhere else :ohwell:
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    You know what stinks? Your belly is the first to get new fat and the last to lose it. :sad: You know what stinks even more, my wife looses first and gains last where... in the chest. :noway:
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Oh yeah, when I was very successful at weight loss many moons ago, a wise person warned me against doing too much ab work too soon. You see, in addition to the weight coming off the waist last, muscle builds up underneath, making the existing fat look even bigger. :explode:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My belly was the last to go. But go it did. You just have to keep losing and eventually it all goes. You may even see some areas as extra bony for a while. But the fat does redistribute itself eventually.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i can relate too. :) congrats on the weight loss!
  • naeemahs
    naeemahs Posts: 5
    Options
    I have to same issue too. I've lost over 20 lbs and counting and still have a large gut from my frame. I was wearing 16/14 and now almost 12 i tried on a dress and it was too big in breast fitted fine in upper waist and tight at waist and hips because of my gut. My legs are smaller and toned and arms smaller and face slim but stomach is barley smaller. I hate it i do cardio 4 to 5 times a week and weights and situps.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    You know what stinks? Your belly is the first to get new fat and the last to lose it. :sad: You know what stinks even more, my wife looses first and gains last where... in the chest. :noway:

i prefer small perky breasts to breasts surrounded by nothing but fat

way to be a jerky man
  • MrsMellyMel
    Options
    I am in the same boat. My BLOATED belly is what really made me say "IT'S TIME TO DO SOMETHING". My hubby told me this morning that I'm slimming down and he has even noticed a difference in my face. But this belly of mine....it's going to be here till the very last. I have noticed that it is starting to move down. My belly is round and bloated....but it's starting to settle lower so now it makes my waist look bigger than ever! Sigh...but I have to remember what my doctor told me....I didn't get this size overnight, so I'm not going to lose the weight overnight.
  • dlbarroso
    Options
    Oh yeah, when I was very successful at weight loss many moons ago, a wise person warned me against doing too much ab work too soon. You see, in addition to the weight coming off the waist last, muscle builds up underneath, making the existing fat look even bigger. :explode:

I read that in Jackie Warner's new book too!
  • Mitchlou84
    Options
    It is ok for men to say they like breasts you know.... That doesn't make them a jerk, it makes them a man! I think most females like to keep their breasts too. Perky or not I would hate to have small breasts, luckily it will never happen to me
  • ashnaidysmom09
    Options
    What are some good exercises that you did? Im a dumby when it comes to the exercise thing lol. Im losing inches everywhere, but none in my stomach THE ONE PLACE I WANTED TO LOSE IT lol
  • brajorie
    brajorie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would reccomend doing squats and lunges a couple times a week and also do a lot of cardio along with weights. Don't use the olypical for your cardio, I personally think that's the worst piece of equipment in the gym! Try taking a spin class or use the treadmil, or the stair climber. Running is good for your abs, gluets, belly, and lungs, probably the best. Also, try doing speed intervals instead of just running at a set pace, you'll get a much better work out in a shorter amount of time.

Truthfully, the belly is the last to go, but it does go, slowly. It's the spot where all the stored fat is placed, the hard fat, so it takes longer to get rid of. I've had a tough time with it too and am still working on it, but when I compare photos of my before and after it's amazing on how much it's gone down, 2 sizes to be exact ;)
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I would reccomend doing squats and lunges a couple times a week and also do a lot of cardio along with weights. Don't use the olypical for your cardio, I personally think that's the worst piece of equipment in the gym! Try taking a spin class or use the treadmil, or the stair climber. Running is good for your abs, gluets, belly, and lungs, probably the best. Also, try doing speed intervals instead of just running at a set pace, you'll get a much better work out in a shorter amount of time.

Truthfully, the belly is the last to go, but it does go, slowly. It's the spot where all the stored fat is placed, the hard fat, so it takes longer to get rid of. I've had a tough time with it too and am still working on it, but when I compare photos of my before and after it's amazing on how much it's gone down, 2 sizes to be exact ;)

I agree to this! I have lost weight from running and spinning when nothing else worked!
  • AlaaFawzy
    AlaaFawzy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem too
  • MrQstyle
    MrQstyle Posts: 6
    Options
    yep... same same. I have lost 7kg and eat really clean, walk every day and twice on non training days and train 4 days a week... I have noticed weight loss every where, but the belly and the dreaded love handles. So thanks everyone for the feedback. can't wait to post a pic I will be happy with.