Have you ever met someone from MFP in person?

Options

Replies

• FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Three of my very best friends are on here, my SIL, my husband, and my BIL are on here also.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Nope I haven't!
    There are a few I would love to meet if i got the chance :)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have a few that I know from town. I would love to meet some of my MFP friends someday!!
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yes I have and she is very sweet! Her daughter lives near me so we met for a hike. I might meet a few more yet.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Only 2 people whom I already knew before mfp.
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have met a couple MFP's in real life...

Meeting a few more this weekend. Pretty excited.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A couple of people I already knew prior to MFP. I have met one so far and it was great. She rocked, in fact we are running a 5k next weekend together. Very excited.
  • JCulp19
    JCulp19 Posts: 82
    Options
    No but I would love to! Anyone near Arlington Heights Illinois??
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yes, I met up with a female MFP friend in hopes of expanding my circle of friends that struggle with weight issues like myself. I met her for a group hike with the Appalachian hiking club... It was a nice time and I hope we are able to hang out again.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I went to HS with a girl on my MFP f'list, and had known a few others before (we met & became friends on a cruise) and actually started using MFP because they did and highly recommended it. I haven't had a meeting in person with someone I initially met on here though. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it, but I haven't been on here terribly long that I know people that well (and I think only one person on my f'list -- who I didn't already know -- lives ANYWHERE near me anyways)
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Some of mine are local. But my closest MFP friends, other than my sister-in-law, are several hundred miles from me typically. Would love to someday but I will have to figure out how at some point. Hopefully I can find some more locals too. But I am a pretty easy MFP friend to get along with.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    nope, havent, but I would meet 2 or 3... The ones I talk to in a regular basis I guess.

I used to have lots of penpals before, from all around the globe, and I met 4 of them, a guy from Germany, a girl from Mexico, a guy from New York and a girl from London, so meeting people from here would be pretty much the same.. awesome experience :smile:
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Sure have! Meeting another one this weekend! They are real people!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Just One ( so far )
    We did a hike together
    We met 6 months ago and still talk all the time
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    My sweety =) She moved across the country to be here. <3
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I tried to this weekend, but I couldn't find her. (She was working at a Ren Fest) Hopefully I will someday, several of my friends live pretty close to me!
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    no, but there are some good people on my friends list that i would be ok with meeting
  • JessieGurlJb
    Options
    Have plans too..
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Other than my RL friends on here...I've met 2...so far so good :) Would love to meet more...
  • flvsusandy
    flvsusandy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've met around 10 all this year. A lot of them are running buddies and we connected and all got together to run a half marathon together in Atlanta. A few ended up being dud's but you can't win them all. I have a couple very close one's who I talk to pretty much daily and couldn't imagine life without them! It's kinda crazy how people come into your life! :)