Diamond_Sole says: "Hello!"

Options
Um...so...where to begin? I'm a stay-at-home mother of two lovely girls, one who is 11, anosmic and quite thin, and another who is almost 2 and barrel-chested like me.

I've always been a bit big, and I've always felt bad about my appearance. I got down to about 160 when I was 22, and that's the least I've weighed since. My highest weight that I measured was 248. Over the summer I've been out walking more and eating a little less (because of the warm weather), so that's down to about 240.

I've read a lot about weight loss over the past few years. What I read made me decide that it was better to eat what I wanted, exercise when I could and work on ability and health and try to love my body without thinking about weight. The problem is, without some kind of goal, I wasn't really doing anything. Well, I'd managed to add fruits and veggies to my diet, but exercise was still not something I did very often. I do love my body, and I think I could take better care of it.

A friend of mine lost 50lbs in a year using the tools here, and he looks fantastic. I decided I'd try it, too. I think tracking what I eat will help me to analyze my eating habits and change them slowly, plus it gives me a reason to exercise.

Replies

• ReeRun77
    Options
    Tracking what you eat will definitely help you! I'm glad that you have managed to add some fruits and vegetables, that is a plus. I would love to help motivate and encourage you to reach your goal weight. We all deserve to be happy with our bodies, so please feel free to add me, and we can achieve our goals together, :-)
  • angelap04
    Options
    Hello. Good luck on your journey. I know its going to take a lot more than luck, But that's a quick way fo saying, i wish you success on your journey.