Six week update

Options
kingking
kingking Posts: 64 Member
I just posted a blog post commenting on my status at six weeks (it's important for me to document this, so that when I get stuck I can look back and see the progress and know that I'm making changes even if they're not always visible every day).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kingking/view/six-week-checkin-18869

Six weeks in, I've lost over 10% of my body mass and I'm within striking distance of a non-obese BMI. The simple formula of "eat fewer calories than you burn" works. It's not always easy (or smooth), but it does work...

And I got an unexpected boost...my son's best friend is having a birthday party at one of those indoor-skydiving places...Their weight limit is 230: over that and you can't "fly". I'm at 226 as of this morning (and I still have a couple of weeks before the party). I believe I can fly! :)

I can't wait to go see my doctor - I'm aiming at a sub-200 pound visit in a couple of months. :)

Replies

• 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!! :happy:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    That is awesome. Keep up the hard work.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Good for you King! King!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I am proud of ya! Yes you can fly!! It is great to set small goals and when achieved quickly make another so you stay focused. Do not reward yourself with food (that is what got us in trouble in the first place) but with personal care like a massage, hair cut, manicure/pedicure (after hard work the feet love to be treated kindly), a sauna or hot tub, a new workout item or music to workout to. You get the drift but what ever you choose be proud of those rewards because you earned them! I wish you succes in all those small goals!!!
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    That's awesome that you'll be able to participate at the skydiving party!! You are braver than I! Keep up the good work!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Keep on rocking it!!!!
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great JOB :flowerforyou:
  • nehadi23
    nehadi23 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Keep up the awesome work!!!!
  • atauds
    atauds Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! What a fantastic accomplishment! Congrats on the hard work. You are on your way!
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That is so great! I'm sure you're going to feel SO good about "flying"! Just the fact that you CAN do it and a few months ago it would have been " I can't". Now it's I CAN all the way!! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!