What is your biggest complaint about YOUR gym?

Options
Mine is : ........When i get there early and i am the first one in the locker room and i walk past the showers, I swear some days it smells like rotten eggs. :sick: (gag) What is up with that???? Besides something ALWAYS floating in the pool (ewe) We wont talk about the guy who does his laps and when he is done he blows his nose in the pool right before he gets out :noway: YES EVERY TIME! (gag) Oh and my membership includes internet cafe but guess what? The "internet" is never working. :huh:

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Not enough treadmills.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I can deal with the curlbros
    the gross people not wiping things down (usually women. Seriously, ladies?)
    no one unracking

BUT
    They stopped running the AC. It gets mugggy in there.

EGADS
  • DeniMarie123
    DeniMarie123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    mine isn't very friendly.. need nerves of steel just to walk in sometimes.. then they all turn and stare at you. LOL
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I love my gym. i love the staff. I love the way they keep the equipment clean and well working. I hate the manager. He's a jerk. He will listen but never take care of something. I loved the guy who was the manager when I joined there and I'm very very sorry that this guy has taken his place, it's been a couple of years now, I keep hoping he'll get "promoted" to somewhere else. LOL
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The price!

ETA: And apparently the guys don't like to wipe the equipment clean in the freeweights area so it smells like booty juice with a sweaty nut chaser (in that area only)!! :noway:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    For some reason my HRM doesn't work when I'm using the recumbent bike while reading my Kindle. How am I supposed to lose weight if my HRM doesn't work?
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    Smelly lockerrooms.
    Cost of personal training.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I go to fit works in Rocky River Ohio and it Rocks. I have no issues I just wish they were 24/7
  • kimmo_27
    kimmo_27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I belong to a chain... the biggest complaint about one of them .. Broken machines,muggy and musty and no pool.. However, i've recently started going to another one .. LOVE IT.. clean air.. working machines.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    only one squat rack
  • BakedGoodsLover
    BakedGoodsLover Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1) the spin class instructors are boring and not motivational
    2) the club is not open long enough in my opinion...closes at 10pm
    3) the equipment is very old

Boo!
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    One squat rack.

Really, that's about it. Other than that it has enough benches. It has a nice padded floor area for deadlifts. People are fine, but I'm not there to socialize. It's a Y where my daughter's swim team trains, so other than the other swim parents who work out there I don't interact with anyone.

if they only had a second squat rack, it would be ideal.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Mine is too far away. I go to a Planet Fitness. I acutally love it, but it takes me 20 minutes on a good day to get there and then 20 to get back. 30 minutes on a bad day. That is one hour of travel time alone. I am going to cancel and do Insanity and free weights (dumbbells) at home.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    My gym is at work... We don't have a pool. The gym isn't open late enough on the weekdays, and on weekends I'm not going to drive my butt back to 'work' to workout. The bathrooms/showers are NEVER clean enough (I would be happy if they had just a tinge of bleach smell). They keep it a little too warm on the floor, and a little too cool in the locker/yoga room. The dress code is a little puritanical: no tank tops/no sleeveless shirts. Which, in most cases, doesn't bother me. However all of my yoga tops are pretty much tank tops (hate having sleeves, even short sleeves, getting in the way of my poses) and I'm not allowed to wear them.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I belong to our YMCA. I LOVE the gym there. The staff and equipment are always working and plentiful. :-)

My only complaint is that our fitness center is being renovated/re-equipped this week and it is closed Wednesday through Saturday. So not happy!
  • MaddiTaylah17
    Options
    There are always these two annoying ladies who are always talking loud, laughing and being public nuisances and plus it seems like they hit on one of the male staff members although that may just be my view, anyway they are a gym buzz kill sometimes. -.-
  • JHamp1983
    JHamp1983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wish they had swim lessons. I love water aerobics but I dont know how to swim!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    No wifi, ( for streaming music ) my data network slows down when I walk in the door, must be all the cement block?...although I did ask for the password last night so we wil see.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    The swimming pool. I love swimming and used to go 3 times a week, but the swimming pool in my gym is also open to the general public and they don't seem to put any limit on how many people they allow in there. The pool is always too rammed to do any proper swimming and when they put the lanes up, even they get too clogged and they are not wide enough. This is all in the adults only periods too!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    That the front door is in the wrong spot:) I could seriously cut my commute in 1/4 if the front door was on the opposite side of the building.