Mama back on track challenge,any takers?

Options

Replies

• oddbead
    oddbead Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You read my mind! I have been trying to get rid of the last ~5 pounds for months, but I just seem to get sidetracked by birthdays, vacation eating, parties, etc. I am running a marathon in 4 weeks, and would love to lose those last few pounds before my race day. I would also feel a lot better going into the holiday season motivated and prepared to eat well and maintain my weight. So I am totally up for the challenge!

SW: 141
    Goals: run 4 times a week, less snacking and sweets, lose 5 pounds in 30 days.
  • Fittabulous
    Fittabulous Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We all should become MFP friends and help keep up with each other that way also, will help with the accountability! :)
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 30, lost 18 pounds on MFP and then moved 1600 miles with two kids a husband and a dog... not to mention two u-hauls. That's when I fell off the wagon and gained back at least everything I'd lost. But I'm getting back on and gonna kick butt now!

Goal for this week... go to Zumba twice, make it through volunteering at my kid's schools and PTC (lots of running around with those), and eat better. Even if I don't lose a pound, I know getting started is the most important thing for me.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I'm a mother of two. I work two jobs and don't put myself first most of the time. I started mfp and have lost 21 pounds so far. I started at 206 and lost a few pounds going to the gym. MFP showed me what I was putting in my mouth and made me accountable. I am currently 176.4 (haven't updated mfp). I weigh myself everyday to keep me going in the right direction and to teach myself what foods effect me. I would like to lose 26 my pounds not the 39 that it says on here. I think 39 would be too much. It's hard when you don't have to much to lose. I have stalled several times. I did a juice cleanse which I had execellent results not just with losing 10 pounds in 10 days but my energy level was high, sleep good and my skin never looked better. I am currenly doing JM ripped in 30, Denise Austin Pilates and going to the gym as much as my schedule will allow. I would love to tone and sculp my body.

SW 206 can't remember what I started with on here
    CW 176.4
    Goal 150
    age 35
  • BrandiRaeBrown
    BrandiRaeBrown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well.....I'm 28 years old with a 7 yr old son. Im usually very active during the summers playing softball almost every weekend and it helps me keep my weight down to about 180. This year my son has been the one playing every weekend and I've been sitting and watching instead of up and moving. Now that his season is pretty much over I'm getting to focus more on me now. And I love a good challenge.

SW: 228
    CW: 214
    1st GW: 190
    2nd GW: 175
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    Welcome ladies,so happy for the responses,yes! Let's challenge ourselves,we do everything else for everyone else,so now it's time for us.
  • Gagirl79
    Gagirl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am definately in!!! I started last Tuesday when I decided I need to lose weight for ME! My weight has been creeping up over the past two years and it's time to do something about it. Last Tuesday I left work and joined a gym and started that very day! I am 32 y/o and a very busy mom, wife and full-time communications officer. But so far I have been fairly consistant and have even lost 2 lbs. But I would the lhe motivation of everyone. I also have my sisters wedding in January and I want to be more comforable with my weight..and by that I want to look hot:)
    My goal for the next 30 days is to stay consistant with my eating and to hit the gym 4 times a week.

Lisa

sw: 166
    cw: 164
    gw: 135ish
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I could use a challenge and some accountability. I am almost 47 and my youngest is 20. I have been overweight all of my life and have been trying to lose weight all year. I have dropped about 20 pounbds but it has been very slow. I normally exercise every day for at least 40 min - mostly cardio but I have been trying to do 30DS. I am not very good at it yet.

SW 315
    SW on MFP 297
    CW 293
    30 day goal 288 (5 lbs)

This weeks goals: exercise harder/longer, drink lots of water (4+L/day), log daily
  • dkp4469
    dkp4469 Posts: 19
    Options
    yes back on track I have been off track and gained back five pounds Im so disapointed in myself. BAck on track as of today!! No more excuses. I plan to loose twenty by Christmas. it can be done. so please, any who doesnt see me posting... call me out on itl
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    How did everyone do today?
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Joining this late in the day but count me in!! I am 48 and was really motivated last year when I lost 50 pds. Now it is 9 months later and haven't done a thing. Haven't gained so that is my plus though. I need support and accountability anywhere I can find it! :smile:
    Feel free to add me anyone!

SW 285
    SW on MFP 243.2
    CW 238.2

My goals for the next 30 days are to log all my food, exercise more and drink that water!!!!
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    This was Day #1 back on track and it was tough. I met friends for lunch with my 2 year old at a local place that has healthy choices, but I have a 2 year old and there is no kids menu. I ordered a small salad and a small sandwich w/chips (yes, chips for the girl who is a chipaholic and we don't buy them so she gets them when we are out). But she ate part of the chips, some berries out of my salad and that was about it. I ate the small sandwich and salad and munched on chips. We also made Mickey halloween cookies last night and those were around this afternoon and it took A LOT not to eat them all.

Overall, I exercised and stayed in range nd got my water in, so that was a good day. I'd like a great one!

How did everyone else do?
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    Day one of my new workout routine, and boy did it kick my butt! It was fun, but any time you burn 800+ calories in an hour you come out of it tired. I made it though, even through volunteering at my 3rd grader's school for an hour and a half. I was ready to eat the next thing that stood still within reach, or even moved by slowly enough to be caught by about 5:30, but I still managed to stay within all my goals, even with alcohol and a snack planned in for this evening! I'm SO proud of myself! I'm giving it a day before I go back to the gym, so I don't overdo it, but I can't wait to go back! In fact, I can't wait to get to the point where I work out every weekday!

I'm all kinds of motivated because of how today went, even though I'm tired. I know eventually the tired will make way for crazy amounts of energy and a me that isn't hauling around all this extra weight!

I didn't do it before, so here are my weight facts:

CW 236.2 lbs
    GW 130 lbs
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I did not do good today. Although I did walk! :o) I am going out of town tomorrow to a concert in another state (Kimbra) I'll be gone only 24 hours. But when I get back I will go full steam ahead on Friday. :bigsmile:
  • zenschick
    zenschick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    32 year old mom of 3, I have 2 jobs and karate classes to keep up with. and my daughers ballet. I wanna lose another 30 pounds or so long term my short term is to be 12 pounds lighter before my girls only cruise in Jan.

I want to talk 5 miles a day and keep under my cal goal.
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    I'm proud of you girls,regardless whether you did good or bad,you still tried,and you came on here to say so,tomorrow is a new day,so we can do it all over again then..I did well eating wise,I walked for 30 mins,I wanted to walk linger but it started getting darker,and I was alone.lol..so hoping tomorrow I can do a lot more!! Overall a good day,we will see how tomorrow goes!!!
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My goal...

Walk 35 miles a week
    Do 30 day shred 21 times over the month

Loose 8 lbs
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    Day 1 of starting over was awesome. It's Day 8 for me on P90X. And I started a C25K program. Got creative with that one as my son was sleeping and I couldn't run outside and sadly no treadmill. Moved stuff in the basement and ran around. LOL

I ate decent enough today. Day 2 tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Goals:

-finish P90X (only 101 workouts left)
    -lose 5 pounds by the end of the month
  • suzie308
    Options
    Hi everyone. I guess I'm the old gal of the group. This is my first post, I've read several but never posted a reply. I'll be 65 in November and I'm enjoying retirement. I live in Arkansas with my sister and her husband. I lived for years in Tulsa OK. I was married in 1984 on my 37th birthday and divorced in 2007. I've belonged to Weight Watchers in 1990 and lost 90 lbs and was 20 lbs from my goal weight. I couldn't afford to pay the fees, so I had to quit and gained all my weight back, plus. Needless to say I too have yoyo dieted all my life. Getting divorced was the best thing for me. I was laid off from my job in 2009 and moved from OK to AR. I was unable to find a job, so when I turned 62 in Nov of 2009 my sister said I should just take retirement. It has been wonderful. In 2009 when I moved to AR I weighed 272.9. In Feb 2011 my sisters doctor recomended the South Beach diet and we have been following it since. I was at 249.1. There are some weeks we follow it well and some we don't. I've been on cruises since and have been able to keep my weight gain to a 1 lb gain only by following the low carb eating. My weight as of 10/3 my weight was 217.4 and I have stayed around the 220 point for the past year. I'm now ready to go below 200. Good luck to every one. Sorry I was so long winded. One more thing I use the Wii to weigh in every Wed morning. But I'll wait to post my weigh in results til Monday. Thanks Suzie.
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Here are my goals for the rest of the week...

Wed get to the y for cardio
    Thur...I'm subbing at kids school so maybe 30 ds in evening
    Fri 30ds
    Saturday 30 ds
    Sunday 30 ds and cardio
    Monday rest (babysitting all day)
    Tue 30 ds

Food goals...get protein up...any ideas for this? Also to do a good job Saturday when we go to a family party. :)

Long term I want to finish 30ds and start c25k. I'm hoping to do a half marathon in June.

Sw 205
    Cw 191
    Gw 160 I'd be happy in a size 10 maybe an 8.

I'm 5'9". 3 kids ages 5,5 and 3