Attn parents - Christmas

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
What are some of the things you plan on getting your little ones for Christmas. I have a 3 year old boy. He is a TOTAL boy, the rougher and dirtier the better!!! LOL!!! He has asked for trucks, cars and dirt for Christmas!! Love it.

So far, I have gotten his traditional pj's to open Christmas Eve.
Super hero dress up costume.

I still have to get a book to go with his pj's.
I am getting him a tonka helicopter.
Not quite sure what else.

So, what is Santa bringing your little ones?

Replies

• Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    My youngest son (5) wants more legos...."more legos mom" he says all the time.

The other son (7) wants Batman Arkham City for the Xbox and a new RC car, a big one he told me.

Youngest daughter (10) wants make up, art supplies, a new scooter, and a cell phone. Not sure about a phone although she's pretty convincing on the reasons she should have one.

Oldest daughter (11) wants a laptop or tablet of some kind and more clothes, shoes....always with the clothes.
  • ellisalockwood
    Options
    Oldest Boy (15) - Playstation, games, MP3 Player, Tickets
    Oldest Girl(14) - Tablet, TV, DVD player
    Second Boy - (11) Remote Control cars, TV, DVD Player
    Second Girl (11) - Camera, TV, DVD Player
    Third Girl (10) - Camera, TV, DVD Player
    Youngest Girl (8) - Video camera, TV, DVD Player

They will also get a grip of clothes, and their grandparents buy them about 3 gifts each, from each grandparent, my kids make out for christmas. They will also get games for the family to play together, that's always a tuff one, finding something that appeals to all of us....

I sure miss when my kids were little and less expensive, we have to save all year for christmas.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Main gifts:

24 year old son: Clothes, I'm sure
    19 year old son: Gift card
    17 year old son: Needs a new XBox
    11 year old son: Legos.....lots and lots of Legos (He's autistic and this is his current obssession)
    9 year old daughter: American Girl doll and accessories
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    mine at 3 loved legos. Now they're into archery
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    This year we are totally scaling back. Christmas has gotten increasingly out of hand, and the kids aren't appreciating it.

Each girl ( we have 2 ) is getting a book series she wants, clothes, game for their kinect, & various stocking stuffers.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    A lump of coal...
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    By this time last year.. I had my spreadsheet all filled out on what to get my boys (5 & 3). This year, I'm at a loss, so I will be stalking this thread for ideas.

I know they will be getting:

Super hero t-shirts, youngest is requesting The Flash and Green Lantern. Older son isn't picky, "just for super hero's I don't already have"
    New Rubber boots for playing outside. My boys love shoes, so that will not be a disappointment
    Activity books for the older one as a stocking stuffer, along with underwear and socks for both.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    17yo daughter - Clothes, Mark Jacobs watch ($275), North Face jacket, shoes
    12yo son - Xbox games, Wii games, cell phone (ugh), LSU anything and everything,
    3yo son - Vtech innotab 2, innotab games, action figures, super hero ANYTHING

My oldest and youngest birthdays are in Nov so it has gotten very expensive during this time of year! Thank goodness for our year end bonus!!!
  • boperoni10
    boperoni10 Posts: 3,034
    Options
    14 yr old son-I phone (4, not 5) a new bat (he plays competitive, so they are expensive), indoor hitting net
    12 year old daughter-Beats, Nook,
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Nothing says Merry Xmas like cash.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old daughter loves superheros and girlie stuff, so she is getting a mix of both. She has the Ninja Turtles, so I think we are probably getting her the van and some of the bad guys. And maybe a Barbie or two....she has her eye on one that comes with a horse, lol. We will probably also get her a game for her DS and/or the Wii (she loves video games too).

Edit to say that we are scaling back quite a bit too. I went a little overboard for the last 2 years....she is our only child and we are fortunate enough to have good jobs with a decent income, and I just wanted to give her everything! But I've realized that she doesn't care that much and only plays with/remembers one or two of the presents anyway. I'd rather give her less and focus on the memories.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    This year we are doing things a little different.
    Most of the money will be spent to visit family in another state. (A nice bonus!)
    The kids get a list with 3 options: 1 want; 1 need; 1 special wish gift.
    In the past we have gone overboard, but that is giving them the wrong idea.
    Also, I want to focus on stuff that benefits them as well. (Read: education toys, stuff they would really want/use)
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Wow. Talk about some awesome presents. Anyone want to adopt me???
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 1/2 year old who is into super heroes in a major way. He currently has (and frequently wears) a full Batman outfit, complete with mask, gloves, cape made by my mother-in-law, and tool belt with various accessories. He also is now into Spiderman (his spiderman has a cape) and Green Lantern. So...super heroes are definitely on the list. He wants a new "bat lair" (his words). I got him the Batcave at a garage sale this spring for $5.00 and he loves it. He also likes us to read him books about superheroes, so I'm sure we'll get him some of those. We don't have videogames in the house, but he does have a kid-version Nook like thing (I think it's made by V-Tech). We'll probably get him some new books for that. We do the same thing on Christmas Eve with the pjs. My son has nephews his age (one is 5 months younger and one is 14 months younger), so we get them matching pj's. Last year we got him a train set. Huge waste of space and money. They are too young for it, and just tear it apart. I no longer even try to put it together.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Mine will all get their hotel room paid for and food during the holidays while we are traveling to my brothers and they are skiing and tubing and doing all sorts of fun things.
    I will put together a great stocking for each of them that will include itunes cards, treats and a little sparkly bauble for them.
    I have 22g, 20g, 18b. My son will probably get a jug of protein powder also as he's not so into shiny pretty things!

As for me. I get family. My daughter is flying in from Pensacola and will be with us and my brothers family. I'll see my cousin and her family. I'll see my girlfriend and her kids. It really is about hanging out with people I love this year.

My husband, well he got a new wife this year.. me .. but skinny. Raw deal for him eh? haha sucker. I might have a treat for him tucked away too.
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My 9yo daughter has requested a trampoline (slide that over to dads list :happy: ) Just Dance 4, a game for her DS, books, books, and more books, and clothes.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My "littlest" is 16 and hasn't provided a wish list yet, but I am assuming clothes and computer/videogame/DVD items will be most of it. We set our budget and then usually buy right off the list. The 18-year-old most likely will want cold, hard cash, so we'll try to find some creative way to give her that.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    We are kind of scaling back this year too. My son (6) got a 3DS last year so there really isn't anything big that he needs/wants this year. So we will get him a game for that and he has asked for a few toys. The best thing we ever started was when he got into Santa we told him he could only ask for 3 things. We told him Santa would probably give him a few extras and that there would be stuff from Mommy & Daddy too. This has been the best way to reign him in from being super greedy or entitled to masses of gifts. This has also been great because it ensures that we can actually afford to get him the things he really wants. I am definitley up for reading through this thread later for more ideas. My son really doesn't need anymore toys! His room is a disaster!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I have a 12-year-old son who honestly needs nothing, so I'm at a loss...

I'm thinking of getting him a Kindle Fire (he already has a traditional Kindle), but even that seems kind of lame because I'll be buying it with Amazon credits from selling my textbooks back on Amazon.

Last year he discovered 'the truth' by accident so I'm not sure how that's going to go this year--I have told him that if he doesn't believe he won't receive.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Let's see....

Son (6): Brave Wii Game, a couple of puzzles (stocking stuffers), Skylanders Wii Game (Maybe...), tranformers Rescue Bots, probably some superhero legos, Mobigo Games

Daughter (3): Fairy Dora doll, New knitted hat (she LOVES hats), Mobigo Games, some new books, various stocking stuffers