What is your biggest complaint about YOUR gym?

Options

Replies

• Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    1. People sometimes coming off as unfriendly - glaring or giving the "I'm a bada$$ look" :grumble:
    2. Men grunting while they drop free weights so loudly the entire gym can hear. Is that really necessary??? :huh:
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    only one squat rack

my gym only has 5 power racks and one dead lift platform. :tongue:
    Its pretty awesome but it does get crowded.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    at their previous location they had a heavy bag in the aerobics room. i used to LOVE to end my workouts with 15-20min of running thru drills...
    they got rid of them when they moved to their current location. makes me saaaaaad.
    luckily i have a heavy bag at home, but the basement's a damn disaster...time to clean up i guess. :)
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    No using chalk, no platform and rubber coated plates for Olympic lifts and dead not enough benches for dumbells, no power racks, just marginally adjustable squat racks (support/safety bar is still too high).
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    That I don't go enough
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I go to NY Sports Club, it's pricey but they have everything.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    None, whatsoever.
  • MrsGSR
    MrsGSR Posts: 88
    Options
    I go to the Army Gym on my Husbands camp, its great that its free, but small camp = small gym. There isn't many free weights, and some have gone missing over the years so sometimes when I improve its a big jump to the next weight! But it's usually empty in the evenings and has a few decent machines :)
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Too few squat racks.
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mine is : ........When i get there early and i am the first one in the locker room and i walk past the showers, I swear some days it smells like rotten eggs. :sick: (gag) What is up with that???? Besides something ALWAYS floating in the pool (ewe) We wont talk about the guy who does his laps and when he is done he blows his nose in the pool right before he gets out :noway: YES EVERY TIME! (gag) Oh and my membership includes internet cafe but guess what? The "internet" is never working. :huh:

That sounds really bad !!! WOW! For me I would say the guys who think they're impressing someone grunting like they need to use the restroom .. DUDE you are not cool if you can't lift it w/o groaning like a caveman then don't lift it ... the cost of personal training could be lower in my opinion too.
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Not enough elliptical machines. They have twice as many treadmills and I find those quite boring. Ive tried the pool once and it was really cold! Plus the abundant smell of chlorine.

Other than that its great. The staff is nice and the price is ok. Its still cheaper than the YMCA and this pool is indoors and can be used year round.
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    Not enough socialable women.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    right now I'm PF and the dumbells only go up to 75 lbs
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Not enough socialable women.
    LOL!!!! :drinker:
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    The price.

That's actually my only complaint. :happy:
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Limited range of kit - only two barbells, both olympic, one on the squat rack on on the bench press.

People not putting weights away when they're done with them.
  • Wysteriajo
    Options
    They treat my husband poorly (he's the morning front desk guy at our YMCA). The gym itself is pretty okay - it's a gym - but the management is horrifying.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    My gym rocks. Have to say, very little to complain about
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    not a thing! I love everything about it! :drinker:

If I wasn't happy there, I'd find another one.:smokin:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I submitted my written request to end my membership at the end of August, knew they'd charge me for September because of the bad timing, but didn't know they'd charge me for October. They shouldn't have, but they did.