help with low carb

Options
Hi, I am kind of new to fitness pal, and I love it. I was just counting calories for 5 weeks, with not a lot of good results, also excercising 4-5 times a week, I decided to go lower carb because my husband needs to cut carbs because of his insulin resistance, plus, I think I need to cut down on my carbs as well. Any tips, advice, good low carb recipes would really help. Thanks!! :smile:

Replies

• BarbRigg
    BarbRigg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Fried Rice

Clean and cut up on head of cauliflower. Run it through the shredding blade of your food processor.

Heat a small amount of butter and EVOO in a non-stick skillet. Add shredded cauliflower to hot oil. Season to taste and heat until cauliflower is soft and lightly browned.

I use any combination of these seasonings.

* salt
    * pepper
    * granulated garlic
    * onion powder
    * soy sauce
  • BarbRigg
    BarbRigg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've also made this salad and it's a nice treat for low cal as well as low carb.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-greek-salad
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I will be more than happy to help and we have a low carb forum for supporting each other. I have 7 years of low carbing experience and I know your husbands struggles as someone that has full blown diabetes.

Fat is your friend in the absence of carbs, eat lots and lots of veggies in a wide variety, drink lots of water, eat just a bit of fruit. Grains and starches should be eaten very sparingly and your hubby can completly reverse the insulin resistence.