low/ No Carbs

Options
What do you eat for a snacks that are low to no carbs? Please help Im dying over here. lol

Replies

• agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try honey roasted almonds, boiled eggs, terra vegetable chips, ham strips, tuna, mozerella cheese. even chicken nuggets sometimes:) I try and stay low carbs by eating only eggs and bacon for breakfast, and eating salad with chicken for lunch, thay way i can have some carbs with snacks and dinner. Used to have bagels and sandwiches for lunch, but now i dont miss the carbs at all:) Good luck!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    why low carb in the first place?
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Low carb snacks:
    Almonds
    Beef jerky (watch out for Teriyaki flavored or anything too sweet)
    Celery & ranch dressing
    A few slices of cucumbers and some salsa for dipping (cucumbers do have some carbs, but not a lot - moderation!)
    Cheese (string cheese is an easy go-to)
    Deviled eggs / hard boiled eggs
    Broccoli (either roasted with garlic powder or raw with low carb dressing for dipping)
    Kale - you can bake it with salt and olive oil in the oven to make "chips" - very yummy, lots of recipes online
    Sugar free jello
    Snack pack - No sugar added puddings - these are 7 carbs each, so depends on how many carbs you've had so far if you can have it I suppose
  • LCHF4Life
    LCHF4Life Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Low Carb snacks:

Almonds, pecans, brazil nuts, walnuts (peanuts and pistachios are higher in carbs)
    and ounce or two of cheese (the drier the less lactose remaining)
    Protein such as eggs or meat. If you use deli meats, make sure they have no nitrites or nitrates (carcinogens)
    Low GI veggies such as olives, celery,

edit: I tend to stay away from anything sweet either with real sugar or honey or even sugar substitutes because they make me hungrier than if I hadn't eaten anything at all.
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My chocolate fix go-to:

http://cake-o-cake.blogspot.com/2012/07/1-minute-flourless-chocolate-cupcake.html

Also:

Chocolate Bark

4 T. (1/4 cup) Virgin Coconut Oil
    1-1.5 T. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    1/4 t. lowcarb sweetner, such as stevia or xylitol
    2 oz nuts (optional)

Melt the coconut oil to a liquid, add in cocoa powder and sweetener. Stir to combine and blend well.

Blend nuts into chocolate mixture (Optional)

Have chlled a metal bakeware lasagna or cake pan or pans in freezer for 10 minutes or so. Remove from freezer and line with waxed paper. Then pour mixture into chilled pan and spread to desired thickness.

Pop in refrigerator or freezer on level shelf and let sit 10 minutes or so. It will harden quickly and breaks with a snap.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    everything they mentioned above, but I also like baby carrots, snap peas or sliced cucumber with Tzaziki sauce (make with greek yogurt) or with salsa. Eggs are great, high protein, low fat cheeses. I'm also a big fan of shiratake noodles make from tofu. Cold with some dressing and veggies make a "pasta" like salad!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Jerky
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Deviled Eggs
    SF Jell-O
    Cheese
    Pepperoni Slices
    Turkey Bacon (or regular)
    Lunch Meat Roll-ups (Great with stick cheese inside)
    Cheese Crisps (OMG I am addicted to making these!)
    Seeds
    Celery
    Pork Rinds (I know, gross sounding but I love them)
    Hummus
    Quiche
    Greek yogurt
    Baked chicken wings
    Thai Lettuce Wraps (or any lettuce wrap)
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    melba toast and salsa,,
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, peanut butter, cheese etc.

there are tons of low carb options.
  • had_2
    had_2 Posts: 19
    Options
    I read that if you eat low carbs then the fuel you need for your workouts will come from the fat on your body.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I read that if you eat low carbs then the fuel you need for your workouts will come from the fat on your body.

sorry, no.
  • iksworbez
    iksworbez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cheese, rolled up slices of coldcuts, almods, hazel and brazil nuts
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My chocolate fix go-to:

http://cake-o-cake.blogspot.com/2012/07/1-minute-flourless-chocolate-cupcake.html

Also:

Chocolate Bark

4 T. (1/4 cup) Virgin Coconut Oil
    1-1.5 T. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    1/4 t. lowcarb sweetner, such as stevia or xylitol
    2 oz nuts (optional)

Melt the coconut oil to a liquid, add in cocoa powder and sweetener. Stir to combine and blend well.

Blend nuts into chocolate mixture (Optional)

Have chlled a metal bakeware lasagna or cake pan or pans in freezer for 10 minutes or so. Remove from freezer and line with waxed paper. Then pour mixture into chilled pan and spread to desired thickness.

Pop in refrigerator or freezer on level shelf and let sit 10 minutes or so. It will harden quickly and breaks with a snap.
    SOUNDS YUMMY!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

sorry, no.

I am low carb also and love it. I saw noticeable results. Everyone is different!!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

sorry, no.

I am low carb also and love it. I saw noticeable results. Everyone is different!!

Just saying, keeping calories constant, eating "high carb" will not prevent you from burning fat. There is no metabolic advantage or fat-loss advantage to it. It doesn't mean one can't succeed eating low carbs. I lose fat drinking water from a Nalgene every day. But it's not the Nalgene that made me lose fat; it's my calorie deficit, exercise, and reasonable (and not extreme) macros.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I make my own cheesecake w/an almond flour crust, the recipe I followed but tweaked with Stevia & sugar free pudding is on yourlighterside.com. They have some really good low carb recipes.
    I also like Trader Joes Raw Pecans, Raw Cashews, Raw Almonds & Macadamia nuts, they are all low carb/healthy fat friendly by the serving size (*the cashews have the most carbs per serving though)
    Strawberries, blueberries & raspberries has the least amount of carbs as a friut (*must be fresh)
    Deli meat w/cheese rolls or salami, cream cheese w/a spring onion sprig.
    Olives, Pickles, deviled eggs, broccali salad: Fresh chopped broccali, fresh chopped cauliflower, onions & shredded cheese the dressing is made with mayo, white vinegar, splenda & bacon bits.
    Or check out the Pinterst or Linda's Low carb for other low carb snack ideas.
  • had_2
    had_2 Posts: 19
    Options
    I make my own cheesecake w/an almond flour crust, the recipe I followed but tweaked with Stevia & sugar free pudding is on yourlighterside.com. They have some really good low carb recipes.
    I also like Trader Joes Raw Pecans, Raw Cashews, Raw Almonds & Macadamia nuts, they are all low carb/healthy fat friendly by the serving size (*the cashews have the most carbs per serving though)
    Strawberries, blueberries & raspberries has the least amount of carbs as a friut (*must be fresh)
    Deli meat w/cheese rolls or salami, cream cheese w/a spring onion sprig.
    Olives, Pickles, deviled eggs, broccali salad: Fresh chopped broccali, fresh chopped cauliflower, onions & shredded cheese the dressing is made with mayo, white vinegar, splenda & bacon bits.
    Or check out the Pinterst or Linda's Low carb for other low carb snack ideas.

Thanks Dina, awesome suggestions .
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

sorry, no.

Just saying, keeping calories constant, eating "high carb" will not prevent you from burning fat. There is no metabolic advantage or fat-loss advantage to it. It doesn't mean one can't succeed eating low carbs. I lose fat drinking water from a Nalgene every day. But it's not the Nalgene that made me lose fat; it's my calorie deficit, exercise, and reasonable (and not extreme) macros.

Eating high carb usually means one is eating a lot of sugar. Any carbs gives an insulin spike and aids in weight gain. Eating low carb actually works just as the OP has suggested and it an excellent method to aid weight loss. ultimately its about eating in deficit but I find much more maintainable when I have my blood sugar kept at a nice constant low level. Low carb means you will likely dip in and out of ketosis and your body will turn into a fat eating machine as you have no no glycogen in the liver or muscles it turns to stored body fat as a fuel source as well as ketones created from proteins and fat consumed.