Enough is enough

Options
Hi there, well today is the beginning of my new lifestyle. I have always been a big girl and enough is enough. I weigh over 250lbs and am 5ft 9inches tall, I have tried every diet going (including mfp a while ago) :blushing: , I know what I need to do and I just need to kick myself up the bum sometimes :grumble: . I enjoy swimming, walking and aerobics videos so exercise is not the problem, food choices are :sad:
I welcome any friends with similar stories and goals and am hoping to make a small dent in my goal by Christmas.
Thanks for your time
Angie

Replies

• amd423
    amd423 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie! I love doing my workouts but right now I'm on a hiatus because of a shoulder injury for a few more weeks. I am really focusing on making better food choices too.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie!
    Welcome back! I think we are all here for the same reasons whether it be not enough exercise or too much food etc etc etc. Please feel free to add me. I am on every day and always chatting with my friends on here for encouragement!
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! make sure your food diary is open. I am a young mom trying to eat better too. :wink:
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    HI Angie, if you like mozzarella sticks, here is a low cal alternative.
    Buy FIRM tofu
    Buy Shake N Bake Parmesan Crusted seasoning.
    Slice the brick of tofu into 12-14 rectangles.
    Coat each one individually.
    Put them on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray
    Bake at 400 degrees - 20 min's each side.

SO delicious! Easy to do and a good way to add a yummy thing to your low cal diet for the new you!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!
  • doinit78
    doinit78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm half way to goal and struggle with food choices as well. My food diary is not open. I cheat when I know others are looking. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Good luck. You got this! :)
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome back you can do this
  • Dreajewkes
    Options
    Welcome back Angie Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • joyceellison
    joyceellison Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have lost 1st 12lb and I dont do any exersizes except walk 50 mins per day if it dosnt rain ha ha add me if you wish Joyce
  • dusk77
    dusk77 Posts: 16
    Options
    wow peeps, thanks for the replies and adds, feeling really motivated now. Thanks for the recipe I look forward to trying that as I enjoy cooking.
  • joyceellison
    joyceellison Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One thing you must do is eat 3 meals a day I have just been on a eat well course and its working for me
  • lauranicole823
    Options
    Let's make a small dent together by Xmas!

It is simple. I know what I am supposed to do as well. The hard part is making new habbits. So let's do it. Today is our day :bigsmile:
  • lorny39
    lorny39 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello, family calls me "grams" I started exercising when i was a young mom, watched my diet ,kept it up until we moved to country . Then lost my two oldest children in two separate accidents in one year from that point on life didn't seem to matter and i let myself go. Now years later I have gained to much, and gout, osteoarthritis, AN Gurd are taking me for a ride plus I'm shrinking "lost some height". I have been yo yo'ing several times always to gain back. Decided that was practice , now i got to do it and keep it off as it was causing me a lot of pain "don't like pain" had enough. I do like good tasting food do try to eat healthy as since my mobility is not good i can only do some exercise's, So once again maybe after a lifetime i can get to a reasonable weight and enjoy the so called golden years with less pain lol, right now i've lost from 258 to 223, very slowly like maybe 1 pound a week , lol but its good, getting into some clothes i haven't been able to for awhile but the pant legs are to long! lol, got to go petite i guess, You all have a great week , Grams
  • kabella55
    Options
    Remember - the only person that can make the changes are YOU! So if YOU don't help yourself - no one else can! Be as GOOD to yourself as I am sure you are to others!
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie

Welcome back! You obviously know what to do, or not, but like every single one of us you have off days which is why having MFP friends to support you whatever you do really really helps.

Feel free to add me, I'm here most days but I don't let the computer rule my life

Good luck

Di

:smile:
  • candctaber
    Options
    Welcome back!!! You can do this!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting!!! Add me if you like! I love to support and understand where you're coming from! You're not alone.
  • sleepy_mum
    sleepy_mum Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Angie,

I'm at 260 with a heck of a lot to lose and it's all down to food choices with me too. Let's hope we can give each other some support!

Sarah
    x
  • Chellie_Bellie
    Options
    Welcome back! This was the first step, you can do it this time! Add me if you like, I'm always around.