stick or auto

Options
What do you prefer stick shift or automatic?

I like drivin my husbands GTO because it is fun. I have gotten myself to the point where I am really good. Half the time I beg him to switch cars! But I am not sure I would want it all the time. Like in traffic. I DONT want that worry.this spring were completely redoing my GT Mustang. It is getting some paintwork, exhaust work, and were thinking of putting a 5 speed in it but I am not sure.

Replies

• dumbbanana
    Options
    Stick.
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    STICK.

I HATE AUTOMATICS.

:-)
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I refuse to own another Automatic :happy:
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Love stick; have always bought vehicles with it.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Stick for sure :heart:
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Stick!!! My Jeep is a stick and I would't have it any other way. Sure, it sucks in slow-moving heavy traffic, but the ability to shift gears as I see fit are perfect for off road, rapid take off, or even pulling some none 4x4 work vans out of the mud (which I had to do for my husband and his coworker a week ago). Nothing like a girl driving a stick rescuing a couple of guys stuck in mud. :laugh:
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    For every day, automatic, but for fun a stick
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Manual > automagical every time.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm actually upset by the amount of people that DON'T know how to drive a manual...
    I would not have bought my baby (09 RX-8) in an automatic.
    With that said, I'm looking to buy a beater automatic for driving back and forth to work. The traffic on the way to base is awful, and my knee starts to hurt :/
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Stick at the moment. I'm lucky to only be 5 miles from work.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Automatic - and for a weird reason.

I've broken my ankle and twisted it so many times that I can't really bend it or move it.... and so driving a stick hurts like a mofo because I have to move my foot in ways it doesn't like lol.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Before I got my 2013 Mustang GT, I would have said auto. Now that I've lived with the Mustang, with the 6-Speed, for several months, I'm very glad I got the manual. It is a little bit of a pain in stop and go traffic, but the extra fun more than makes up for it. It's a much more involving experience with the manual.

A car like a Mustang GT begs for a manual. Nothing like chirping 1-2 and 2-3 getting on the highway, or down shifting into a corner, especially with a nice exhaust system.
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Stick, every time.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Stick shift baby .. hate automatics .. blech!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My first vehicle was a '67 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup with a three on the tree manual transmission. I MISS the manual!! I'm thinking my next vehicle will be a 5 speed.
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    stick! so much better. its really not that bad in traffic either. When i bought my car, i had to get a newer one because i wanted a stick.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Swapping an auto tranny for a manual is a lot of labor.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Auto's fine on any sedan or non-towing truck/suv but I'd definitely choose a stick for any kind of performance vehicle.

I had a 2006 Eclipse GT before my current family sedan and I would have rather have had that in a stick but used the fact that it was an automatic to negotiate the price down further (it was the last of that year on the lot also so I ended up paying about $23k for a $30k car.)
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ^^ I honestly believe it is a sin to build a Corvette or a Mustang as an automatic. LOL
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have an automatic but I really miss driving stick sometimes, unless I'm dealing with Boston traffic, then it sucks!