NEED VEGGIE ADVICE!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Add garlic, fresh lemon zest, a bit of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. I can eat just about any veggie with that on it, even broccoli.

What about baked sweet potatoes?

Do you like kabobs? There are a million ways to marinate them along with red bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Delish!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Also, don't be afraid to use a little olive oil on your vegetables. Fat helps absorb the minerals, plus it adds great flavor.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Most veggies are really good with a little grape-seed or olive oil, salt, pepper and roasted in the oven till tender and a little brown. I do this with potatoes, sweet potatoes, fresh red or golden beets, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, squash...
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    All of the responses above are GREAT! Roasting, stir-frying, soups, kabob's, all are great ideas!

Here is my go-to veggie blog: http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/

So many options and ideas (literally from A-Z!)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do like steamed broccoli, but I'm not a fan of most vegetables steamed. Add them to soups, stews or chili. Roast them, either alone or with meat. Add them to omelettes. Season them well if you don't like them plain, or add a little reduced fat cheese. Blend them up into a gravy or sauce to serve over grains and/or meat.

Wraps are also a good way to include veggies. Just choose a meat or other protein (eggs, cheese, hummus, nuts) and wrap it all up in a whole grain wrap with a handful of leafy greens and some other chopped/shredded veggies and little mustard, hot sauce or vinaigrette.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Also try roasting veggies. Toss them in a little olive oil (emphasis on little), put them on a baking sheet, sprinkle them with a little sea salt and bake 20-25 minutes at 425. Asparagus is incredible done this way and so are root vegetables.

I like to use this method for green beans and tomatoes too. I put minced garlic on mine, or sometimes onion powder.

Also, I like to put 1T of butter in a pan along with 2T of minced garlic. Add sliced mushrooms and sautee until golden brown. Throw in 2 cups of spinach and cook until slightly wilted. Oh yum!!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If you're struggling with eg fresh broccoli, switch to frozen broccoli and cauliflower. I prefer the texture and can eat them all day now to be honest. If you still can't eat them, mix a piece of broccoli with a piece of chicken/potato etc to mask the taste or add oil to your cooking.