What's the most I can lose by Xmas in a healthy way?

Options
I weigh 175 now,
what is the most I can lose by Christmas without not eating? lol

Replies

• jnoring
    jnoring Posts: 93
    Options
    I would think 20 pounds give or take. I am no expert though.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    You don't have much to lose so it won't be a BIG amount. I'd say 10-15 lbs would be 'safe' but you would have to work pretty hard and be bang on your numbers.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and you want to make sure not to lose muscle and just lose fat.

The best way to do it (and safest) is to set your MFP goals to lose .5/week or 1lb/week. Make sure to log every bite (even tasting while cooking) and every workout. You want to reach those MFP goals not fall below them. The whole point is to keep off that weight you lose by Christmas for good, not gain it all back during the holidays.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My goal is 8 lbs - to be 136 or right at goal at 135 by Christmas....I will be working my butt off to do that though :)
  • Onesnap
    Options
    My goal is 8 lbs - to be 136 or right at goal at 135 by Christmas....I will be working my butt off to do that though :)

We have the same goal. Feel free to friend me. :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You don't have much to lose so it won't be a BIG amount. I'd say 10-15 lbs would be 'safe' but you would have to work pretty hard and be bang on your numbers.

Agreed
  • xcarbonix
    Options
    Make sure to log every bite (even tasting while cooking)

If I'm making an omelette and have already logged all my ingredients, you're saying there's MAGICALLY more calories that I consume while tasting it a bit while cooking? I don't think that's how it works, friend.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    No one can really say how much you can lose (because genetics, metabolism, exercise and diet will affect this result). But I agree that 10-15 lbs would be a good goal. I would make sure you don't lose muscle like someone else mentioned.

I am around the same weight and would love to lose 10 lbs by Christmas. I have been stalled since Feb. Would love to follow you and see your results!

Consider adding sugar tracking to your food diary.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    2 lbs/week max. It's 10 weeks to Christmas Day. 15lbs for sure?
  • sselraef
    sselraef Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ok sounds great, I will try 10-15 by Christmas, thank you :)
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options

If I'm making an omelette and have already logged all my ingredients, you're saying there's MAGICALLY more calories that I consume while tasting it a bit while cooking? I don't think that's how it works, friend.
    Ahh, but if you're cooking for your family and taking bites means you're eating more than a serving portion then it does mean more calories.

I agree with the people saying to aim for .5 to 1 lb a week.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

I think it's pretty safe to assume she was talking about tasting stuff you're making for a family when you generally just count your portion.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I would take a different approach. Rather than try to lose a certain amount by Christmas, because really you cannot control how much weight your body decides to drop, how about make it a goal to work out, improve your eating habits and stick to your calorie goals between now and then. I see so many people who try to set a goal of lose "X lbs by such and such date", and it seems that when their bodies do not cooperate, they get disappointed and discouraged. Unfortunately, we really cannot force our bodies to go down in weight, but we can control how much activity we get and what goes into our mouths.

Just my .02 :laugh:
  • Onesnap
    Options

Ahh, but if you're cooking for your family and taking bites means you're eating more than a serving portion then it does mean more calories.

I agree with the people saying to aim for .5 to 1 lb a week.

Tasting during cooking does equal more calories. It's not the Twilight Zone or some other dimension where calories you taste outside of your portion you are logging magically do not count.
  • Onesnap
    Options

I think it's pretty safe to assume she was talking about tasting stuff you're making for a family when you generally just count your portion.

Yes. Thank you.
  • ashleympino
    Options
    honestly, i've done 20lbs in that amount of time by doing insanity and following the meal plan. june 4th i was 175 myself and in 6 weeks lost 20lbs by doing insanity!! honestly its the only thing that ever worked for me...so you can definitely do it!! i'm starting an insanity challenge group on monday if you would want to join in...i want to lose another 15-20 by christmas myself so if you need cheerleaders, i'm here!!
  • Moshebelle1
    Options
    I'm in an Insanity Challenge group as well, and I want to drop around 20lbs by Christmas- 2lbs a week.....it's ambitious but I think it's doable!