The nerve of some people

Options
mispotatohead
mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
I went to join a health club on my lunch hour with a co-worker. Got a tour, signed up, and promised to let them take my money on a monthly basis.

On the way back she stopped at the pizza place and picked up one of those pizzas made and waiting for you. When we walked back in I immediately went to the fridge and put my pre-portioned meal in the microwave. She said "Really?!" I just smiled

Then I take my meal, go to my office and there are plates, napkins and ta still half full pizza box on my desk. It's still sitting there, i haven't touched it. Why is it so important to her that I make a bad choice?

Replies

• IzzyBmydog
    IzzyBmydog Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I went to join a health club on my lunch hour with a co-worker. Got a tour, signed up, and promised to let them take my money on a monthly basis.

On the way back she stopped at the pizza place and picked up one of those pizzas made and waiting for you. When we walked back in I immediately went to the fridge and put my pre-portioned meal in the microwave. She said "Really?!" I just smiled

Then I take my meal, go to my office and there are plates, napkins and ta still half full pizza box on my desk. It's still sitting there, i haven't touched it. Why is it so important to her that I make a bad choice?
    Misery likes company I guess.
  • Janiece65
    Janiece65 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So she'd feel better about her own bad choice?
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Because people like to make fun of others for choosing a better lifestyle!
  • tonihayden
    Options
    if you make the bad choice then she feels justified in her bad choice.......she is looking for a partner in crime i guess.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Pick it up and throw it on her desk. That'll put a clear message.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Maybe she's being generous?

Maybe she sees it at your last "lunch feast" before getting serious and hitting the gym???

Maybe she's just a dolt and doesn't get it.

In any event. . .good for you for sticking wtih your eating plan!!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    smh ur right...the nerve of some people!
  • samlankford
    Options

Misery likes company I guess.

yup!!
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Did she mistakenly assume that you were having lunch together as well as going to the gym together?
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I would throw it in a trash can that she will see it in. Garbage goes in the garbage :)
    Tell her when you want pizza- you will have to make room for it in your calories....it's all about the planning & moderation!

Good job sticking to your guns!!!!
  • heylittlesisterr
    Options
    Some people are just... well... they're not comfortable seeing others change. Change is hard for most people. Perhaps she isn't taking this change of yours seriously. Especially when people who decide to live on a healthier living are usually categorized as pompous, stuck-up, conceded and who don't want to have fun and are starving themselves to reach their goals.

Fattening, deep fried foods = Fun.

Instead of getting insulted, why don't you look at it as though this is a challenge! Like, each time she tries to tempt you, you have overcome another obstacle. It's another milestone in your walk to staying healthy. That way, you're not mad at her but encouraged every time she tries to come up against you with foods that you have decided are not apart of your diet. And you become appreciative of her playing the adversary to help you reach your goals instead of mad at her for trying to sway you from them. C=
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Maybe she's being generous?

Maybe she sees it at your last "lunch feast" before getting serious and hitting the gym???

Maybe she's just a dolt and doesn't get it.

In any event. . .good for you for sticking wtih your eating plan!!

good points.....why do many people assume the worst? pizza is not the enemy....TOO much pizza is the enemy
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would smile, and use this to motivate you even more. Now when she plonks treats in your face, there's not just your willpower to meet your goal, there's not letting her derail you! Of course every now and again it's fine to have a treat. And you can brag that you've earned it.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    people are *kitten*! thats why.
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Y'all didn't go to that gym where they offer you pizza the first of every month, right? :noway:

lol!
  • candctaber
    Options
    Happens all the time! We just have to stick to what we want to do & if they get mad, OH WELL!!!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You will meet with these kinds of challenges a lot along the way. Do your best to see the positive in it (she's trying to be generous?) and know that you don't have to take what she offers. You made a good choice, and the fact that you made that choice in the face of some serious temptation means that you should be even more proud of yourself.

Good for you!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    people are *kitten*! thats why.

maybe she is a sweet, giving person. you dont even know her and yet you are ready to shove her under a bus. nice. NOT!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. We had an impromtu surprise Boss' Day for our boss today, complete with not one, but TWO bundt cakes in the conference room. We are an office of six - really do we need two bundt cakes?!? And they decide to hold our company meeting and eat cake, so I'm stuck at a conference table while they're all shoveling fork fulls of cake and commenting on how good it is.

Needless to say, I feel like it's the company against me sometimes, but I still managed to finish the meeting without any cake. Kudos to you for holding out on the bad influence in your office too!!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    you obviously have no choice but to take a slice, walk up to her and smack her across the face with it. then jam it down her throat, yelling "YOU WANT MORE PIZZA! HERE'S YOUR ******* PIZZA, *kitten*!"

or... i guess.. you can take the box out to her, thank her for the offer, and see if she wants to take the remainder home. but what's the fun in that?