why do some of your MFP friends ignore you

Options

Replies

• S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    If they aren't interacting with you, then maybe you should just delete them. There is no reason to collect friends just to have a high number.

Don't delete, never ever ever delete. It would throw off your world. Every time someone deletes me, a new hole in my heart is created and I mope for days. I wonder what I could have done differently to get them to be my best friend for life.
    Challenge?

My heart is fragile...please don't. I would forever wander the MFP hallways trying to replace what we had.

I'll be your friend! :-)

:) All my friends talk dirty to me...

I guess we need to talk more... =P
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Who knows what makes some people tick!

I try to be supportive & encourage my MFP peeps because I truly want to, therefore I really don't expect anything in return.

Most of the time, it does come back to you. Other times, perhaps not, but who really knows what is going on in other peoples lives?

It probably isn't about you at all, or they wouldn't be friends with you either :flowerforyou:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few people (ok, over half) who have never commented on what i post there. Not my food.. Nothing. I really don't care. I just don't go out of my way to post anything on their's.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If they aren't interacting with you, then maybe you should just delete them. There is no reason to collect friends just to have a high number.

Don't delete, never ever ever delete. It would throw off your world. Every time someone deletes me, a new hole in my heart is created and I mope for days. I wonder what I could have done differently to get them to be my best friend for life.
    Challenge?

My heart is fragile...please don't. I would forever wander the MFP hallways trying to replace what we had.

I'll be your friend! :-)

:) All my friends talk dirty to me...

I guess we need to talk more... =P

And thats how you get the support from your friends. When you need them to talk dirty to you, you hijack someone elses thread and then you shamelessly advertise for dirty talk. But for reals...don't ever, ever, ever delete anyone.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'd rather people give me an occasional word of sincere encouragement than write "good job" and "way to go" and "nice burn" on every single thing that I post. As such, I only post when I am being sincere, when I'm REALLY impressed with a person's burn or weight loss, or I'm genuinely interested in what their post says. If I read a post and don't feel compelled to respond, I'm not going to type something phoney just for the sake of typing something, and if my friends are that way too, all the better.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Where is the lady who always says

Just break up

:P

That's what I was thinking too!
  • SVCat
    Options
    I'd rather people give me an occasional word of sincere encouragement than write "good job" and "way to go" and "nice burn" on every single thing that I post. As such, I only post when I am being sincere, when I'm REALLY impressed with a person's burn or weight loss, or I'm genuinely interested in what their post says. If I read a post and don't feel compelled to respond, I'm not going to type something phoney just for the sake of typing something, and if my friends are that way too, all the better.

good job on the post.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel like I need to be a better mfp friend. Sometime some of us need a good kick in the butt!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    If someone has been on my FL for quite some time and they've never responded...ever...they get the axe when I decide to go through my list and weed out the non-supportive ones. I sometimes have pictures or personal stuff that I don't want people having access too if they're just stalking or trolling. If you're supportive occasionally, you're safe but I like to get to know all of my friends and you can't do that without some input from the other so those people will be deleted. Sorry, but I need support, not just a higher number of friends on my list.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Where is the lady who always says

Just break up

:P

That's what I was thinking too!

Sorry I'm late! Thanks for having my back on this one. :wink:
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options

good job on the post.
    Great response!
  • connye13
    Options
    it kinda of does bother me..is it going to wreck my life or make me cry no.. but i read on here about the fake people and had never experienced it , so I was jsut asking a question. I though that was what I was supposed to do :)
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    :grumble:

I try hard to post a word of encouragement and yes I know people are busy, but so am I and I try. Its seems to be only some of the women on my friends list, the men always say something.. I dont understand what I have done to upset these women.. I am on this site to lose weight only. Thanks for letting me vent. I guess you cant please everyone..
    Class 5 clinger.
  • SVCat
    Options
    it kinda of does bother me..is it going to wreck my life or make me cry no.. but i read on here about the fake people and had never experienced it , so I was jsut asking a question. I though that was what I was supposed to do :)

Okay my real response. Why does it matter, keep those people in your friends list, they need support as much as you do. Show them how awesome you are and soon enough, they'll come and post. Is it really that important for everyone to comment on your proifle? If yes, then you my dear, are too sensitive. You may want to go post in the Motivation area of MFP, definitely not in the CHIT CHAT, FUN, and GAMES...otherwise, you're going to get a bunch of idiot replies, such as mine.

My good deed for the day :)
  • connye13
    Options
    thanks to all who replied and thanks for the words of wisdom. I will pull up my big girl pants and just be myself and if you comment so be it and if you dont oh well your loss :) thanks to all of you :flowerforyou:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

I try hard to post a word of encouragement and yes I know people are busy, but so am I and I try. Its seems to be only some of the women on my friends list, the men always say something.. I dont understand what I have done to upset these women.. I am on this site to lose weight only. Thanks for letting me vent. I guess you cant please everyone..
    Class 5 clinger.

A lot of people will 'unfriend' people who don't interact very often. It's more common than you might think.
    Doesn't make her "clingy"
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Timezones :)
  • connye13
    Options
    see my latest post .. and thanks for being honest :bigsmile:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Maybe the issue isn't with your friends? Maybe you are needy and need a lot of attention?
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    WHY is this always so hard?