The nerve of some people

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You know what. If you have a problem tell her.
    But I can't stand it when people get all uppity because somebody offered them some food.

You have two choices you can eat it, or say no thank you.
    She isn't laughing at you, or mockng you, or trying to sabatoge you. She's trying to be a decent kind human and share.
    Get over yourself.
  • ilove3kids
    Options
    I have friends who do that to me. Actrually, using MyFitnessPal helps in these situations...When a food pusher comes along I pull out my trusty iPhone, then say, "Oops... I dont have enough calories to eat this today, but thank you very much."

Try that???

:)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So she'd feel better about her own bad choice?

Can't imagine it's anything other than ^this^.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Maybe she's being generous?

Maybe she sees it at your last "lunch feast" before getting serious and hitting the gym???

Maybe she's just a dolt and doesn't get it.

In any event. . .good for you for sticking wtih your eating plan!!

good points.....why do many people assume the worst? pizza is not the enemy....TOO much pizza is the enemy

Yes, too much pizza is the enemy - everything in moderation!

*Everything*???
  • Nahirra
    Nahirra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Misery loves, loves,loves company!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    So she'd feel better about her own bad choice?

Can't imagine it's anything other than ^this^.

pizza is not a bad choice...if she ate the whole thing by herself, that would be a bad choice. But no...she offered some to her friend....the rotten *****h
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Maybe she's being generous?

Maybe she sees it at your last "lunch feast" before getting serious and hitting the gym???

Maybe she's just a dolt and doesn't get it.

In any event. . .good for you for sticking wtih your eating plan!!

ahhh this :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Maybe because Pizza isn't bad and she was sharing food with you. A normal social thing, you know?

I know.....the only thing I'm shaking my head at is why anyone would waste good pizza!?!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Just take it back to her and say thanks for the offer, but I'm going to stick with my lunch :) No drama, no hurt feelings, no eating more calories than you have for the day.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I like to call these kind of people "feeders"!!! :laugh:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Respond like this: "hey b!tchface, I thought you would magically infer from my decision to join a gym that I will never be eating pizza again for the rest of my life. Thanks for the sabotage!"

And then pause for a moment before saying "...NOT"

You're gonna want to practice your "smug" facial expression for this
  • shadoewz
    Options
    Eating some pizza is not a bad thing. Eating some pizza does not make a person a failure, nor does it make someone fail in their diet.....unless you are lactose or gluten intolerant or have an allergy to yeast, pizza is not the enemy, overeating is.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I want some pizza now...
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    That's annoying. I would just take it back to her, say "thanks, but no thanks" and leave it at that. Rude of her to try to push it off on you when she knows you're making healthy choices.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm really stunned at the number of people who would make this into a huge issue, or act like they have to 'teach her a lesson' by publicly throwing the pizza away and making sure she sees it. Maybe she was just trying to be friendly and generous with her new workout buddy, or maybe she got halfway through and couldn't finish it and instead of wasting it, and instead of gorging on it herself, thought she would offer it to her new friend first.

I'm not saying eat the pizza, but um.... I work in a large office with a kitchen and uneaten food left in the kitchen disappears pretty darn quick. Put the pizza in there, and if she asks, just say you were too full from your lunch to eat anymore, and didn't want to see it go to waste. Or if no kitchen is available, give it back to her with the same verbage. You don't have to be rude to be healthy!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    who knows? people give others credit for thinking things thru. I'm here to say thats often generous, optimistic and incorrect. ;)
  • mispotatohead
    mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean it was unkind of her to offer or that she was rotten for offering.

I just thought it very ironic that she'd take me to the gym then try to push pizza even after I kindly refused several times.

Thanks for the laughs and thanks to the posters for the idea of passing it along. I thanked her for the offer and asked what she'd like done with the leftovers....worked like a charm!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    who knows? people give others credit for thinking things thru. I'm here to say thats often generous, optimistic and incorrect. ;)

I'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt where giving it doesn't cost me anything, than constantly second guess everyone around me.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean it was unkind of her to offer or that she was rotten for offering.

Is that why the title of your thread is "the nerve of some people"
  • shadoewz
    Options
    When did pizza become such a horrible thing? Seriously....
    The dough isn't unlike bread, the sauce isn't unlike spaghetti sauce, some cheese isn't going to kill us immediately is it? And if you choose toppings like onions, mushrooms, broccoli, pineapple, or even meats.....then what, exactly, is so TERRIBLE about pizza that we should AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME that anyone offering us pizza is out to get us/harm us/sabotage us and make us fatties.

My family members and friends offer me things to eat all the time, I don't assume it's because they are out to get me. They are trying to be nice, trying to share, trying to say "hey, everyone needs a little chocolate/pizza/whatever every so often" you don't have to give up everything.