Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    i hate greek yogurt, i barely like yogurt. i cook with them or use in recipes, but i cannot stand the taste. I wish i could find a way to like it. :frown:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    why dont you just mix in stuff in the plain one, like honney, agave, fresh fruits, cinamon,

This, Or, you just woman up and eat the plain. BFD that you don't like the taste. It's the healthiest, and you get used to it.

Are you serious? :noway: Why on earth would you eat something you don't like? I mean, grass is more healthy than most anything else, but do you eat that? Wow....
  • jackie2866
    jackie2866 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird, but I eat the Chobani plain with a 1/2 cup of Fiber One Cereal added to it. It adds 60 calories, so for 160 it is a good breakfast and keeps me full. The Fiber One tastes surprisingly good and has a crunch...
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love my Chobani with 1 tablespoon of honey. I eat this almost every day. Or you can add 1 tablespoon of a fruit butter or sugar free jam. Greek yogurt is very forgiving and can be flavored with just about anything. Have fun experimenting!
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hersheys chocolate syrup. JK try cinnamon or honey
  • julie2000anne
    julie2000anne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat Dannon Light & Fit Greek. I hate yogurt, but I thought I'd try the Greek kind. I started out with Vanilla and it was great. It only has 7g of sugar. Today I'm eating the strawberry and figured it had more, but it actually only has 6g of sugar and I think they both taste great. :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    plain with honey and walnuts...yum...
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I cook with plain Greek yogurt all of the time when a recipe calls for sour cream. :)
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Love my Fage 0% plain with cinnamon and a packet of Equal powder, or liquid stevia mixed in. It's good with powdered sf Crystal Lite or a squirt of Mio too.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love mixing different things into mine - since I buy the bulk plain containers.

My new favorite is mixing in a 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup. It is literally like a caramel dip. It tastes amazing when you freeze it too!
  • mistygrt
    mistygrt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    SF/FF Instant pudding mix, cheesecake flavor works well in it. Also pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and a teeny bit of vanilla, can also add the cheesecake instant pudding mix to that

This ! It's so good ! :)
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I eat Dannon Light & Fit Greek. I hate yogurt, but I thought I'd try the Greek kind. I started out with Vanilla and it was great. It only has 7g of sugar. Today I'm eating the strawberry and figured it had more, but it actually only has 6g of sugar and I think they both taste great. :)

I have to avoid at all costs since I can't have fake sugar. I prefer to get the most health benefits possible from my yogurt of choice. Here's what is in them:

NONFAT YOGURT [CULTURED GRADE A NON FAT MILK, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, KOSHER GELATIN, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D3], WATER, CONTAINS LESS THAN 1% OF MODIFIED CORN STARCH, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SUCRALOSE, POTASSIUM SORBATE (TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS), CITRIC ACID, ANNATTO EXTRACT (FOR COLOR), CARAMEL COLOR SODIUM CITRATE
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I love mixing different things into mine - since I buy the bulk plain containers.

My new favorite is mixing in a 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup. It is literally like a caramel dip. It tastes amazing when you freeze it too!

Or you could walk on the wild side and use REAL maple syrup that comes from a tree versus a chemical stew. A little goes a long way.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle cinnamon in my plain 0% and scoop it up with apple slices. Heaven, yo.

I'm gonna try THIS^^^^

I usually add some fruit and a tiny sprinkle of sweetener. Lovely. Really takes the bitter taste out of it.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    SF/FF Instant pudding mix, cheesecake flavor works well in it. Also pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and a teeny bit of vanilla, can also add the cheesecake instant pudding mix to that

Now that actually sounds really good. I'll bet it only works with the Greek yogurt though and not regular yogurt. One day I will let Abe Lincoln blink and fork over the cash for a tub of Greek yogurt. :tongue:

Actually it does work with plain yogurt, you just have to use a little more pudding mix. I find that it makes greek yogurt almost too thick. For regular plain yogurt I use about 1 TBS pudding mix per cup
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Compare the Danon product to Fage Greek yogurt:

Compare it to the ingredient list to Fage 0%:

Grade A Pasteurized Skimmed Milk, Live Active Yogurt Cultures (L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus)
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The blood orange Chobani is the least offensive flavor that I have found.
  • shelbyarod
    Options
    I agree that fage is the best tasting plain greek yogurt.....I add in cinnamin and jicama, and it is a perfect sweet snack! :happy:
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the flavored greek yogurts too. I try to only eat them right before I work out....so that the sugar helps fuel some of the workout. Try putting a sugar free jam or jelly mixed into it. I use Polaner sugar free with extra fiber and it usually tastes pretty good......
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    heehee "woman up" i like it!

but yeah, i womaned up and ate it plain. now i'm used to it. sometimes i'll put in strawberries or almonds but plain, nonfat greek is the way to go.

i just didn't see a point in eating a protein filled yogurt with a crapton of sugar and weird preservatives.