Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I agree that fage is the best tasting plain greek yogurt.....I add in cinnamin and jicama, and it is a perfect sweet snack! :happy:

What a wonderful idea! I never thought of putting jicama in Greek yogurt but sounds delightful.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I'll eat it plain and add granola or Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Or I will mix the plain and vanilla because I think the vanilla is too sweet.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    For those of you Greek yogurt fans, have you tried Skyr? It is wonderful. No added chemicals or anything artificial.

http://skyr.com/about_skyr.html
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    1 tsp of brown sugar in the plain will add 4 grams of sugar and really helps the taste.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Also, I want to add, the less you rely on added sugar in food, the more sensitive you will be to sugar and the less you will need.

I couldn't agree more! I've gone from a total sugar addict when I was younger to being so sensitive to it now.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    SF/FF Instant pudding mix, cheesecake flavor works well in it. Also pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and a teeny bit of vanilla, can also add the cheesecake instant pudding mix to that

Mmmmmm! Gotta try this!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Is greek yogurt ok for ppl with lactose intolerence? I have avoided it thinking it was not, but recently i have read that it might be okay?

Anyone know?
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    For those of you Greek yogurt fans, have you tried Skyr? It is wonderful. No added chemicals or anything artificial.

That stuff is hard core. Certainly worth trying, but if you don't like greek yogurt and are just trying to get by on it, it'll likely be more than you will care for.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Oh girl you know me and Skyr go together like Iceland and Not Having Trees
  • Onesnap
    Options

Oh girl you know me and Skyr go together like Iceland and Not Having Trees

Word. :)
  • Onesnap
    Options

That stuff is hard core. Certainly worth trying, but if you don't like greek yogurt and are just trying to get by on it, it'll likely be more than you will care for.

I disagree. It also comes in liquid form. I don't think of it as hard core. Some people enjoy it more than Greek yogurt. Plus, it has no added chemicals like many of the brands you typically find do. I miss when Skyr came with its own spoon attached. That was pretty awesome.
  • PitBullDaddy
    Options
    just started eating the Chobani No-Fat vanilla greek yogurt. it has 17 grams of sugar (although I know you were looking for less) but you can really appreciate the taste, especially if you are using it as a substitute for cottage cheese in your diet.
  • secretlobster
    Options
    I disagree. It also comes in liquid form. I don't think of it as hard core. Some people enjoy it more than Greek yogurt. Plus, it has no added chemicals like many of the brands you typically find do. I miss when Skyr came with its own spoon attached. That was pretty awesome.

Yeah! The spoon that came folded in half, you'd click it into place so it was a full spoon like VOLTRON

Siggi's skyr can be on the tart side, unless you go for the 2% coconut flavor (which happens to be my favorite)
    Skyr.is does have more sugar, but it's sweeter and very creamy.
  • Onesnap
    Options

Yeah! The spoon that came folded in half, you'd click it into place so it was a full spoon like VOLTRON

Siggi's skyr can be on the tart side, unless you go for the 2% coconut flavor (which happens to be my favorite)
    Skyr.is does have more sugar, but it's sweeter and very creamy.

Yay! I'm so glad you understand the pleasure that was that spoon clicking into place! I have yet to try the coconut. I need to try it...I have yet to see it in stores around Boston but I'll keep my eyes open. Coconut!
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad you understand the pleasure that was that spoon clicking into place! I have yet to try the coconut. I need to try it...I have yet to see it in stores around Boston but I'll keep my eyes open. Coconut!

Whole Foods has all the flavors. At most grocery stores I only find orange&ginger, pomegranate, and vanilla. The orange and ginger one is great, but coconut is like crack. 200 calories for a pretty small container, but it's filling. I have a big appetite and it keeps me full for a while.
  • Onesnap
    Options

Whole Foods has all the flavors. At most grocery stores I only find orange&ginger, pomegranate, and vanilla. The orange and ginger one is great, but coconut is like crack. 200 calories for a pretty small container, but it's filling. I have a big appetite and it keeps me full for a while.

Cool, I'll look the next time I'm in WF. Also, I have yet to try the liquid kind (in the states, I've tried it while in Iceland). I know I would love it.
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Cool, I'll look the next time I'm in WF. Also, I have yet to try the liquid kind (in the states, I've tried it while in Iceland). I know I would love it.

I had it recently with muesli (red mill muesli is VERY close to what we had in Iceland) and it was a little tart (strawberry) but still DAMN good!
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    why dont you just mix in stuff in the plain one, like honney, agave, fresh fruits, cinamon,

^this
  • Onesnap
    Options

I had it recently with muesli (red mill muesli is VERY close to what we had in Iceland) and it was a little tart (strawberry) but still DAMN good!

I was on a quest around 1 year ago to find the closest match Muesli that I could. Thanks for the advice. Time to pick up my Muesli quest once again!
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't know how people eat the plain...way too sour for me. I buy it and then add sugar, or honey, or agave, fruit, and vanilla extract. Bananas sweeten it up if you like them.

I like the Dannon Oikos Raspberry in a pinch.