eating junk food and still losing?

Options
anybody is like eating junk food but in their daily calories and still losing weight?is it possible?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    anybody is like eating junk food but in their daily calories and still losing weight?is it possible?

I eat "a little bit" of junk food almost daily.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Of course its possible. It's not healthy but it's possible.
  • NiagaraCheryl
    NiagaraCheryl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat a bit of junk food every day, but make it fit into my daily calorie limit.
  • blondie1471
    blondie1471 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    same x
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I eat "fast food", I eat "processed food", sugar, candy, cookies... etc.
  • happythermia
    Options
    Um. I just ate a little bag of doritos lol
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Umm i don't believe its only about the calories. Because some people cant lose weight when they eat to much carbs or their eating to much fat or whatever it is they just stay the same i guess its possible but it Wont last.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I eat junk every day. I had Oreos and Ghirardelli chocolate froyo at lunch, and when I get out of here I'll be eating a Snicker bar on the way to the train.

ETA: I ate the same way when I was trying to lose weight. The only difference now, healthy food and junk food have increased in calories.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Umm i don't believe its only about the calories. Because some people cant lose weight when they eat to much carbs or their eating to much fat or whatever it is they just stay the same i guess its possible but it Wont last.

How much is too much?
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I eat a little bit of "junk" every day too.

I fit it into my calories (and macros!)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

I eat a pint of ice cream every single night, lost 150+ lbs doing this and have kept it off for 6 months doing this. Caloric deficit will lead to weight loss.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sure - I eat junk food. Would I lose more and faster if I didn't? Probably. For now it works for me, later if I'm having problems losing I'll re-evaluate.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    very possible. calorie intake is all that matters for weight loss--barring a glucose intolerance or problems with insulin sensitivity.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I still have what would be considered junk food almost every day. I'm still losing. If I restricted myself from having a cookie or my iced coffee, I would not be able to sustain what I am doing. It has to be something I can live with every day. And let's not forget...sugar does increase metabolism (ok...maybe not enough to make a big difference, but it isn't all bad).
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible to lose weight eating "junk food" at a calorie deficit.

Whether or not it is healthy/optimal is where the arguments really begin...(well, that and what is and is not "junk food").

I just found that, *for me*, it was easier to stick to the "plan" when I ate no "junk food" compared to when I ate some "junk food". YMMV.
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Of course its possible. It's not healthy but it's possible.

^^ This!....and I do it daily.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    did i hear my name?

yep this is me. i still eat candy and greasy fried food and alcohol. albeit no as often as i used to but still. there are healthier ways to get carb calories, but sometimes i just want that to be in the form of sour patch kids
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    My diet used to be fast food several days a week, junk constantly.

In 2009, I lost 45 lbs in just under 4 months. On rare occasions, I would have cookies or chips, portioned appropriately. But I swore off McDonald's, soda, and some other "junk" items, and I haven't eaten them since.

To each their own, it's a matter of preference and yes you can lose pounds on the scale and still eat whatever you want. But I know that I'm personally better off because I didn't make junk food a part of my normal diet. In the end, I was left with a body I'm really proud of, and zero cravings for fast food.

I'd say conquering my junk food addiction was the best part of the process.
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i eat junk every single day. i eat healthy every single day. i just want to feel normal and still enjoy my life. having the junky bits actually helps me want to keep going on with the weight loss because i feel satisfied. if i felt deprived of the things i enjoyed, i would cheat and give up all together. i don't know how people have been on here and haven't had anything junky for like 10 months. that is mind boggling to me!!!
  • jessmellitta
    jessmellitta Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been able to indulge lightly here and there-- maybe a small candy bar instead of a big one.. or a bite of someone else's cake instead of getting a slice of my own! However you can control \ maintain portions and still end with a smile and no guilt is how you should proceed :) Its different for every person- find YOUR happy medium using others advice and ideas! Cheers to you : )