What is your biggest complaint about YOUR gym?

Options
1235»

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    3rd world level of personal hygiene amongst the members, louder than a night club and staff members more interested in flirting with each other than watching the cardio area, most machines don't work, ' personal' trainers who relentlessly pursue you for money, classes where you get kicked out of if you are new...and way,way, to too many mirrors....thats just the start.

name and shame??

Sure..."Greens", of Leicester.

Since I liberated myself from this toilet of a gym, I have never worked out harder and enjoyed exercise more.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    there is no parking. ever! I can't even ride my bike there because even the bike rack is full. I just gave up and bought my own elliptical!

Other reason I hate that gym and stopped going, every time I WOULD get a spot for Zumba classes, there would be the same creepy guy who I swear must live there. No matter what day or time I would go to Zumba he would sit there and watch all the women..... He even would try to approach some. They wouldn't kick him out since he never actually touched anyone and paid his membership every month....
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    spiders.
  • spotdog14
    Options
    there is no parking. ever! I can't even ride my bike there because even the bike rack is full. I just gave up and bought my own elliptical!

Other reason I hate that gym and stopped going, every time I WOULD get a spot for Zumba classes, there would be the same creepy guy who I swear must live there. No matter what day or time I would go to Zumba he would sit there and watch all the women..... He even would try to approach some. They wouldn't kick him out since he never actually touched anyone and paid his membership every month....

HAHA I know what you mean about the people that seem to live at the gym. There are two people like that at the one I go to and no matter what time of day or day of the week I go they are ALWAYS there. Usually the one guy is on the treadmill at the highest elevation holding on for dear life and the other guy is almost always sitting on the couch in the entry way talking to people.

Also at my old gym there use to be this lady that would sit on the bike machine for hours and hours just going fast enough so it wouldn't turn off.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Since I no longer have a gym membership and have my own gym in my house...I don't have complaints.....HOWEVER back when I DID have a gym membership; my complaint was this: They kept raising rates, more memberships were coming in, but the facility remained the same which = no machine at any given time, no room to get into a class...what's the point? The only time you could find a free machine (cardio or weights) was if you went in the middle of the night or 0 dark thirty (aka 0430 or 0500).
  • Elissalove
    Elissalove Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Horrible Zumba teachers...isn't Zumba supposed to involve dancing? (Rhetorical question.)

I had a GREAT Zumba teacher at my old gym...my new one, I left her class 30 minutes in. It was horribly boring :(
  • stewarm01
    stewarm01 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Closed on Saturdays!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Only two squat racks, and only one power-lifting pad.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Mine is : ........When i get there early and i am the first one in the locker room and i walk past the showers, I swear some days it smells like rotten eggs. :sick: (gag) What is up with that???? Besides something ALWAYS floating in the pool (ewe) We wont talk about the guy who does his laps and when he is done he blows his nose in the pool right before he gets out :noway: YES EVERY TIME! (gag) Oh and my membership includes internet cafe but guess what? The "internet" is never working. :huh:

Complain re the internet. You are paying for that but not getting the service as it were.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Not enough variety when it comes to equipment. Sometimes I like to change things up to keep it interesting.
  • meltrace
    Options
    The Parking Lot it is worst then the mall at Christmas time.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    The people that get on a station and do about 373 reps with almost no weight, then after their 5+ minute set, they sit there on it for another five minutes, then get up and leave.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My gym is at work... We don't have a pool. The gym isn't open late enough on the weekdays, and on weekends I'm not going to drive my butt back to 'work' to workout. The bathrooms/showers are NEVER clean enough (I would be happy if they had just a tinge of bleach smell). They keep it a little too warm on the floor, and a little too cool in the locker/yoga room. The dress code is a little puritanical: no tank tops/no sleeveless shirts. Which, in most cases, doesn't bother me. However all of my yoga tops are pretty much tank tops (hate having sleeves, even short sleeves, getting in the way of my poses) and I'm not allowed to wear them.

Wow! Even when I worked at a Jewish Community Center we could go sleeveless! I miss being able to swim on my lunch.

Now I go to Snap and love it. The one nearest my bf's isn't as nice or close as the one near my apt. Seriously, I love the one close to my place. It's spacious and friendly and I love love love my trainer. Would love a pool, but otherwise it's perfect. The one closest to my bf's threatens to charge $10 if you wear street shoes.

I wish the treadmills had a real pause feature and that people wouldn't leave heavy weights on the calf lift machine.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    They don't allow chalk, and some member cry like little girls about weights clanking when people are deadlifting. If those sissies would put more than a single set of 25s on for their deadlifts, they'd understand why it happens.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Mine is : ........When i get there early and i am the first one in the locker room and i walk past the showers, I swear some days it smells like rotten eggs. :sick: (gag) What is up with that???? Besides something ALWAYS floating in the pool (ewe) We wont talk about the guy who does his laps and when he is done he blows his nose in the pool right before he gets out :noway: YES EVERY TIME! (gag) Oh and my membership includes internet cafe but guess what? The "internet" is never working. :huh:

Complain re the internet. You are paying for that but not getting the service as it were.
    I just may do that............I did mention something yesterday about how one of the resons i joined and was willing to pay there price was the "bonuses" which are pool open from 5am til midnight weekdays weekends 6am til 5pm, free tanning and internet cafe which includes internet and free coffee. I mean we all work hard for our money and want what we pay for.It just seems like once you sign the contract they dont care and i guess they dont have to because they will get there money no matter what. Non the less i had a great workout this morning :happy: Oh and as i was leaving i saw that they had removed all the monitors for the internet. That made me feel guilty :embarassed: was it because i said something :indifferent:
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    My only complaint is I wish the personal trainers wore something that identifies who they are.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have never found a gym that didn't stink awful. I can't breathe right when the air is fowl. So I choose to workout at home and outside. Gym ads should include "Now with Stink Control". That would be the only thing to lure me back. I tolerate belly dance class because I love it and the dance studio is a little less stinky than the gym.. But, sheesh. Everyone needs a better deodorant.
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The price!

ETA: And apparently the guys don't like to wipe the equipment clean in the freeweights area so it smells like booty juice with a sweaty nut chaser (in that area only)!! :noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    My only complaint is that they don't open early enough on weekends. They're open @ 5 am weekdays, but not until 8 am on weekends, which I usually can't manage and still get my kids to their weekend activities on time. Even if they opened @ 6 or 7 on weekends would be better.