Hey, Fat Girl.

Options

Replies

• kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, this wow
    I so feel this way..shy away from people with "obvious" running bodies..and I'm very shy when in running gear.
    When I started running I was fortunate to be with friends I was safe.
    Now I'm about to go into a running club with NO ONE i know..and attempt to train for a half marathon..I built up to 10k with friends..now to double that with strangers and still be the "fat girl" freaks me out. But I love this blog thanks so much for reminding me that if I show up I will earn some level of respect.
  • AustinMcKenna1030
    Options
    Awesome!
  • lorimor80
    lorimor80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    Thank you so much! I need to remember this and keep moving forward!! :D *sniff*
  • jennifer418
    jennifer418 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and I love it!
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Ugh can'tcrycan'tcry at work!!!
    It doesn't help that I'm reading this after some guys at the gym made fun of me...(I believe the direct quote was 'poor treadmill')

Going back tomorrow.
    How stupid of those guys, they should look into a mirror, no one goes to the gym without a reason and they are there too! So obviously THEY are also not happy with their bodies or they want to keep them the way they have built them into, cause otherwise they would not have to be IN a gym!
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm crying too. This is totally me....this morning. Running the loop at a local park, running 60 second intervals hoping to keep my heart rate reasonable, looking at my feet because I'm still terrified they will roll even though I know they are strong now and because I don't want to meet anyone's eyes, music blaring in my ears so I can't hear rude remarks that exist (most likely) only in my head or from teenage boys.

Now after reading this I want to go run tomorrow even though I know it incited my migraine today and it would be foolish. Monday after work I'll be back out there trying to run 90 second intervals for the first time.
  • candctaber
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Was searching for something else when I came across this again. Love this!
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    Love this. Thanks for posting.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    wonderful post!
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I freaking love this! It hits home for me too and I got goosebumps reading it. This is all kinds of wonderful!
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know this was posted a while ago, but...Thank-you, I love this post! I started walking two weeks ago and on Friday I decided to download the C25k app for a progressive training routine ready for my Cancer Research 'run' soon
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Instant tears.... so lovely to read though. :)
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • jennygirl9
    jennygirl9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    A timeless, moving and inspirational post. Love it!!
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    LOVE!:heart:
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Bumping. Saw this when I first started, and it really helped me keep going. :)
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I have seen this, and it is so worth seeing again, and again :).