Healthy Snacks

Options
Hello,

I love to snack, especially anything with sugar such as ice cream, candy bars, etc. I'm also finding it hard to stay satisfy until my next meal. I was wondering what are some healthy snacks alternatives that does not have a lot of process sugar and can keep me satisfy longer until my next meal.

Thank you!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It would help if you made your diary public, as we don't know what you are eating. I get full from high fiber things like oatmeal. A piece of fruit is a good snack. Greek yogurt is a very high protein snack that tides me over between meals. A serving of almonds is another daily snack of mine that keeps me satiated.

You say you love sugary foods...if this is what you are wasting a lot of your snack calories on, that's why you are not keeping full. Use your allotted calories wisely. A treat is all fine and good as long as you aren't starving yourself during the day tp have enough calories left over for a bowl of ice cream at night. Again, if you open your diary it would make things easier since I am just speculating.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    instant oatmeal

nuts

seeds

hummus with veggies

pb and fruit

string cheese

applesauce

hardboiled eggs

protein bars

protein shake

yogurt
  • doronzoros
    Options
    When I first got started, I found it very hard to stay on track because of snacking. I too, love snacks, especially sweet ones! I really loved this combo: A single low fat graham cracker, spread some fat free cottage cheese on it, top with either fresh blueberries or some slices of banana, sprinkle half a packet of Stevia (or something like that) on it and a little cinnamon. Yum! It kind of reminded me of cheesecake.
  • vxrclub
    Options
    i have found drink more water seams to combat the "nasty nibbles".....lol, you could try nuts, raisins or even bread sticks??
  • sierralynn1015
    Options
    Try some Honeycrisp apples! :)
  • samwilliams1988
    samwilliams1988 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Those are wonderful suggestions. Thank you everyone! ^_^
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    takes a lot of habit forming and acceptance in your life to eat healthy snacks .. for me i am just habitually used to eating . and i hate anything with boundaries..portions is considered a boundry to me .. but if you can find a way to eat about six times a day , good healthy meals and snacks then the cravings to eat all that other stuff ,do diminish if you start eating the other stuff again then the cravings come back.. im living proof of that