need to drop 100+ pounds...

Options
so I keep seeing all these posts about people needing to loose 10-15 ect pounds... well I need to loose 100+ ..... anyone else out there? I need some more support... I log daily.... and try and be as healthy as I can.. but some days it's just doesn't happen.. I have 3 kids.. limited money... ect.. feel free to add me... thanks!

Replies

• RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 2.. I still manage to log every day and work out 3 times a week :) I need to lose 120lbs.
  • sarah0709
    sarah0709 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am in the same boat, ideally need to lose 130-140, it is really hard esp when you struggle with money.
    if you need any help people on here are normaly great, just try to take it one day at a time and i am sure you will get there.xx
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My first goal has me at 95lbs. That's me at 170 and I know if I get there I want to lose more. I can honestly say that I'm jealous of the people who have hardly anything to lose or are just here to beef up. But at the same time - I know it's harder to lose weight when you are at that point.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to start simple.

Try to make the best decision available when deciding what to eat. Try to plan ahead so those decisions are healthier. Try to include some kind of physical activity every day - you can start with 20 minutes of walking and build up from there.
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    thanks! I am doing it one foot in front of the other! again feel free to add me if you would like
  • iiriinka
    Options
    Hi! I need to lose 102... Nice to meet you.
  • morah29
    Options

Try to make the best decision available when deciding what to eat. Try to plan ahead so those decisions are healthier. Try to include some kind of physical activity every day - you can start with 20 minutes of walking and build up from there.

thanks ... I stopped drink soda 4 months ago.. started eating more fruits and veggies.. and working out.. I do about 30 mins on my exercise bike daily... some days I walk ect.. all depends on the weather...... :)
  • mommie_on_a_mission
    Options
    I need to lose 200* lbs, i have 2 kids (2 and 5), as well as an army wife. Basically just eat healthy and im excersizing in the pool daily.
  • mommie_on_a_mission
    Options
    Have you tried monthly or even weekly meal plans? i do monthly and i feed my kids similar to my meals so that they grow up with a healthy balanced life as well.
  • kayaus
    kayaus Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Like you, my goal is to lose approx 100 lbs, but to be at a healthy BMI, I am looking at 160lbs to lose. I am a single mom with two kids, my youngest being severly disabled and wheelchair bound. She is my main reason for losing this weight. I need to be healthy and strong enough to help her to manage her daily living. I am currently working on quitting smoking, logging everything daily. I am not putting an emphasis to work out right now, I do here and there, just not a priority right now. I tend to crash if I take on too much at once. I am looking forward to following through on this journey this time, and losing this weight for good. I could always use more support, feel free to add me :)
  • NoMoreFlubbering
    NoMoreFlubbering Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I need about 100 now, yes! Please add me if you want support, encouragement, and to kick my *kitten* too!
  • morah29
    Options
    I guess I should point out... I've been doing this a little while.. just needing some new friends with the same goals as me... I've lost about 20 pounds.. some not tracked on here as it was before I started to track everything......
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

^^^ I agree. Don't try and start too much too fast, you'll get really discouraged! And find things that work for you! I've dropped a good amount of weight, and I'm STILL not a runner. I found that I love to walk though!

And just be really conscious about your food choices. If you can change things, you'll see those first few pounds pretty much fall off! I lost 30 pounds without even trying to, just because I wasnt around fast food as much. And that snowballed into more effort and more things I was willing to do or give up.

Best of luck everyone who needs to drop over 100 pounds!! :heart:
  • mommie_on_a_mission
    Options
    similar meals as in:

chicken and veggies

veggie lasagna

chicken salad

veggie soup

etc.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    101.5 to lose was my goal.. I'm down 12 right now. Feel free to add me if you think you'll be active on this site!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    well... i needed to lose a total of 75 pounds, but i'm 50 pounds down already. if you ladies need anything, let me know!

best of luck to all of you!
  • Crys1972
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I have about 90 lbs to lose.
  • ladyicye50
    ladyicye50 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Definitely plan ahead. I just started on here in August 2012 and it has definitely helped me. During the month of July, I started exercising to get my self prepared and when I joined the logging of the meals made a major difference. I plan my exercise routine and meals days ahead of time so that I can buy the proper foods and know how to adjust what I eat accordingly. As of my last weigh in (which was last week), I am down 35lbs.

Try to set a time everyday to log and it will be easier that way.
  • morah29
    Options
    Have you tried monthly or even weekly meal plans? i do monthly and i feed my kids similar to my meals so that they grow up with a healthy balanced life as well.

I've tried... some months we just don't have the money to shop that far ahead.. my husband does most of the shopping.. I don't drive.. and live about 30 mins from the store...... he's been good about getting me stuff... I have a picky eater... (daughter) and 2 that are not picky... but some nights I am just so tired I don't even want to cook.. we don't do fast food... not in our budget...... my kids eat pretty healthy...
  • SexyGirl619
    Options
    I use to feel the same way, I needed to lose (still need to lose) 100+ pounds. I am a single mother, on a fixed income, and had a lack of motivation. But let me tell you, it costs nothing to reduce portion size, and walk around the block or park.
    You can also make changes to the things you buy and being a mother, you will then be able to make healthier choices for your children so it becomes a family affair.
    Losing weight seemed hard in the beginning and then it became 2nd nature. I hit a plateau, and now I am finding my motivation again.
    You can lose weight on a limited income. Start small with the changes in the foods you buy, read labels, and make smart swaps!
    You can do anything you put your mind to.