still binge eating at weekends

Options
2»

Replies

• claudiacarmel
    claudiacarmel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I usually am good during the week with food and exercise and my weekends are for going off with food (a bit) and exercise. I still lose weight. Good luck to you!
  • eskimite
    Options
    I allow for serious indulgences over the weekends...usually Friday dinner (though, it's all homemade...but, usually pizza or a heavier preparation of fish)...Sat/Sun, I allow myself more simple carbs, i.e. homemade cookies, cakes, breads! I stick to eating well and under my daily calorie goals during the week, so I view it as an 80/20 thing. I also try to bring it harder in my weekend workouts. That being said, I am trying to reign it in a bit, as I think I could eat less, while still getting the same sense of indulging. It has started to feel ilke mindless bingeing, rather than allowing myself something savory and satisfying that I wouldn't eat on the other days. Seriously...I do not need to eat 10 cookies...homemade or not, at one time.
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have the same cheese and cracker thing... Trust me I KNOW this problem. So I only allow fat free cream cheese in the house and find the small baked crackers... I count out the portions in the kitchen and put it on a pretty plate to make is special. and I water my wine now too. Some like Ice, I like just 60/40 wine to water and I can make 2 glasses from one.... it really does work. And I just make sure my treat fits in my calories.
  • melmonroe
    melmonroe Posts: 111
    Options
    Try having more Fat and Protein IE - get yourself some full protein crackers that taste good to you and munch away. Not much you can do about the wine though except reduce your dose to as low an amount that remains pleasant. Have a little bit of flavored seltzer along with it. :happy:

The big problem with wine is that the body finds acetate (energy source from alcohol) easiest to digest but it provides nothing for the body in nutrition. :embarassed:

As a result, the body's response is to "demand" of you through hunger and other forces such as unease that you need to eat something with REAL substance. You can probably understand why you might binge here.. It takes longer to digest the food part as well so even if you do eat something good, your body is still screaming for more. :sad: LOL!

The best thing to do is eat a bunch of cheese and protein crackers first and let them digest a bit until you can feel the satity from them, THEN get into the wine.

Otherwise, your "willpower" might fail fighting your body's demands even with a tremendous amount of desire to do so. Those impulses were built into our soul as survival. :noway: Your poor brain has to fight against the body by requesting your body go against nature that keeps it alive. :huh:

Get something with high fat and protein in your belly first. :wink: Best of luck with it!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I just ate half my Halloween candy.Sick can't describe how I feel right now!!!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    when you decide what you really want and are willing to do what it takes, you will

if you want to take the slower route (learn to say moderation ) then you cant complain
  • hajir7
    hajir7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Try to excercise more to eat more, and you will improve as much as you keep the balance between calories burned and the intake.
    stay with MFP and gradualy will get better:)
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your wine and cheese! Just ditch the crackers, bread, whatever - and have just a LITTLE bit of some nice sharp lower-fat cheese. That Kerrygold Irish aged cheddar is awesome!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I LOVE me some Special K Sea Salt cracker chips and Laughing cow LIGHT. make sure you count out your chips and put the box AWAY!

If you have to have crackers, this is a MUST. Don't have the bag out in front of you - count out the portion and then put the bag away!
  • committowalk
    committowalk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ugh I have a problem with weekends, too. I am slowly getting better. What works for me is to get out of the house. I am making a point to schedule an active time - a walk, going to the park with my son, wandering the mall, etc as part of my day in addition to working out longer and harder on the weekend. I think I need to have a routine to keep me from wanting to fill my time with food. Also, I love everyone's suggestions about doing some substitutions for lower cal options and using a strict portion control (put the box of crackers AWAY). I also bank a higher deficit mon-fri so I have more wiggle room on weekends - guilt free.
  • Aurorakitty
    Options
    take four crackers and one piece of cheese or six crackers and peanut butter (which is very fatty) and put it all away before eating. Then I just take a long walk or bike ride after to cut it down and try not to binge on anything else over the weekend. Usually I know i'll end up binging so I'll eat less the day of the binge and then less for two days after so that I won't gain. What I need to do is exercise in addition to my two hour weekend walks.