• lajuice7
    lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I exercise solely so I can drink more

Agreed :-)
  • Sophiem1402
    Sophiem1402 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I dont know about me but my Boyfriend , whenever he drinks, the next morning hes 2 - 3kgs lighter.. ?? Doesnt matter what or how much he drinks his weight always goes down :drinker:
  • uhhuthatsright
    uhhuthatsright Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Just log it. If you can fit it into your day, you should be okay.

this
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    hard core alchoholics are usually super skinny

Not the beer drinkers i mean the people who put vodka in there cereal

Damm, I knew I was doing something wrong!! Any recommendations for make of vodka??!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ALL ALCOHOLICS DO IT !!!!!!!!! It is a disease
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If I have a couple drinks every couple weeks, that seems to work... but I stick to vodka with water and a lot of lemon, or vodka & redbull zero.

Lucky for me, I do enjoy Vodka, if I didn't, I think it would be harder, since other alcohol has so many more calories. I miss beer, I have to give that up when I'm loosing weight, because even 1 beer a week seems to level out my inch loss that I'm working so hard to achieve... so I guess I go middle of the road. :)
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Those grey Goose with Crystal light sound good! I think Fresca Soda is calorie/sugar free also. I think sugar free drinks will help me lose weight faster, as well.:smile:
  • kentmac
    kentmac Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Absolutely possible.

Give yourself a calorie buffer on the day you're going to drink by sticking mostly to lean protein + veggies. Then, for drinks, stick to spirits + calorie free mixers (diet coke, soda water, what have you.) Don't go too crazy and you'll absolutely still be able to lose weight, just don't binge on nachos or wings at the bar!

Kent
  • iris65uk
    Options
    I have found as soon as I have a drink it shows on the scales even with factoring in more exercise etc
    Decide what you want more, easier said than done I know, good luck
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    When ethanol, a toxin, is introduced to the body all metabolic processes of other macronutrients halt indefinitely until alcohol is removed from the system. Therefore anything ingested prior to, during, or too soon after is subject to storage in adipose tissue as it won't be used for immediate energy use.

On a plus note: alcohol is non-insulinogenic so if you're in a fasted state a few vodka, scotches, or whiskies wont break you :)

But all said and done yes; alcohol contributes to weight gain.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    Bump
  • vlivengood
    Options
    Keep in mind the average shot of vodka is around 95 calories in itself.......

Actually, that's not true. A shot of vodka has 64 calories... on average a shot of flavored vodka has 69 calories. So, a shot of flavored vodka + club soda would ring in at... yup, you guessed it - a delicious 69 calorie drink!

Now, I'm not saying that drinking is healthy and will help weight loss, but from a mathematical, calorie-counting perspective you can certainly have several drinks now and then, account for the calories, and lose weight no problem.

Note that if you drink chronically, that's a different story - as others mentioned, heavy drinking can have a big impact upon your body's ability to function properly.

People tend to think of a shot as one ounce, as a former bartender a bartenders pour shot is really 1 1/2 ounce so yes one ounce of vodka may be 64 calories but if you are ordering a drink at a bar chances are you are getting a shot that is really 96 calories
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Hard honest truth....NO
    Drinking alcohol and loosing weight does not work together.
    An "occassional drink" is ok - means once in a blue moon....but every weekend wont work.
    All the good work during the week is being erased with a couple of drinks as they are all "empty calouries".
    Wanna loose weigh - ditch the alcohol

Total bullsh1t.

I drink almost everyday. Not every weekend but 4+ days a week. Sometimes whiskey or whisky. Sometimes vodka martinins. Sometimes wine. Mostly beer. And I mean real beer. Not light beer like Guinness or Bass but Belgian quads and Imperial Stouts at 300 to 500 calories per beer. If you fit it into your calories you'll and stay at a deficity you'll lose weight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine most nights and did while I was losing. Just make sure I burn the extra calories to cover it!
    Ditto.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I make a glass of wine or whatever fun drink part of my calorie counts for the day..

I can't go having a bunch of drinks back to back .. but I like having wine most evenings with dinner. I limit to one good glass (8 oz) I'm losing weight!

I also have one day a week I don't bother counting calories .. I eat and drink whatever I want .. (I usually pick Sundays - Sunday Splurge Day) .. but sometimes a friend's b-day or whatever happens (you know - Thanksgiving is coming up soon .. and the Christmas holidays) .. so I adjust the rest of the days around that.. and work a little extra harder on my exercises .. at least do them longer.. adding minutes, etc. to cardio ..

Everything within reason .. moderation is key! Alcohol is known to be belly building .. hard alcohol, beer .. fruity cocktails and such .. let's face it .. they are aren't calorie friendly. (lots of empty calories .. won't keep you feeling full)
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Dance it off. Work it off. Or...my personal favorite, run it off...just be sure you're not drinking as you run. It seems to generate unwanted attention by the boys in blue.

Tooooo funny !!!! Love it!!!
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Truth be told...I drink almost every weekend....I am sure it slows my process of losing weight...It is just hard to give it up... But that does sound good...and do share the recipe of the lemon drop w/grey goose..

Hey hun, I sure will hook u up with some recipes....prob will exercise them off ....
    Hell especially this weekend is Howard Homecoming!!!! Bout to party!!!!!!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    When ethanol, a toxin, is introduced to the body all metabolic processes of other macronutrients halt indefinitely until alcohol is removed from the system. Therefore anything ingested prior to, during, or too soon after is subject to storage in adipose tissue as it won't be used for immediate energy use.

On a plus note: alcohol is non-insulinogenic so if you're in a fasted state a few vodka, scotches, or whiskies wont break you :)

But all said and done yes; alcohol contributes to weight gain.

Did you say something, I was too busy looking at your picture.

:heart:
  • VinnyI82
    VinnyI82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I drink my Metaxa and I log it, however much I have, which isn't much (1-2 ounces)
    With needing 5000-6000 calories on weekdays, it doesn't really affect me too much.