struggle

Options
I am having a hard time with the food part. I just love junk food and when I think of what to what to wat it is always junk!!!! ughh. Im so disgusted of myself cus I can't seem to ever stay on track. I love working out byu the food part is what really kills me!!!!!

Replies

• hhaffner
    hhaffner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can totally identify.
    I have an addiction to carbs and my my main poison is tzatziki and lays chips (or chips in general).

Perhaps you would it easier by removing the junk food in stages. For example don't drink soda anymore, and after you have removed soda from your live identify something else you can remove.

Also find healthier (but yet still good tasting) replacements for the junk food. cause lets face it if you don't find it pleasurable to eat your not going to eat it and turn back to the junk food.

And if you have slip don't beat yourself up. Everyone has slips. The main thing is not to let the slips halt us.
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I love junk too, but I managed to cut it out by just cooking big hearty and healthy meals. The first few weeks are always the hardest!
  • baodell
    baodell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel the same... you are not alone! but it gets easier to stop bc I've only been doing this a few weeks now, and last night I had a bunch of junk and actually felt really gross after.. like it wasn't worth it at all!
  • daniellel3566
    daniellel3566 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i found a great way to eat my junk food and lose. Hungry girl! She has so many awesome recipes and i have tried many of them and havent even made a dent in them. i made these great muffins with chocolate devil food cake and you just add a can of pure pumpkin and it is soooo good my kids begged for more. 180 calories for a great muffin/brownie
  • thewalrusisfree
    Options
    I feel the same... you are not alone! but it gets easier to stop bc I've only been doing this a few weeks now, and last night I had a bunch of junk and actually felt really gross after.. like it wasn't worth it at all!

I hear that - the whole "you are what you eat" thing came from somewhere. Even before i started to really try to make changes, eating things like McDonalds french fries has me feeling gross for days! and craving more.

It really is an addiction and the longer you're away from the bad stuff the easier it gets. I now find myself being offered chocolate or fried things in social setting and saying no, to even a small bite - not because one bite of chocolate cake is really going to make a huge difference but it brings on the cravings again.

as someone else said - make sure to replace your junk with food YOU ACTUALLY LIKE. I find myself snacking on apples, grapes, even cabbage with old bay on it. Granted the sodium isn't so good for me but its definitely better than french fries with old bay (one of my favorites).

Good luck - you've got this, and the community here is super supportive, which always helps :)
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making baked zucchini chips? They're pretty tasty. I do them with yellow squash, and they're soooo delicious!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/zucchini-oven-chips-10000001087041/
  • thewalrusisfree
    Options
    good tip - or pop chips
  • Cutie_browneyes2004
    Options
    I feel ya... I actually didn't leave the house last weekend because i just knew i would end up picking up a cheesburger or a pizza and believe me i'll eat the whole damn thing. I struggle with every meal and I will never like healthy items as much as i like unhealthy items. I just keep overthinking it and talking myself down from that junkfood ledge... It's hard sometimes i give in but I think if most of my meals are healthy then i guess thats this "moderation" thing everyone talks about... Good luck!
  • sholubik
    Options
    I find when I am disciplined I feel so much better. More energy, better mood, a feeling of accomplishment. Trust me, I am a junk foodaholic. I love to sit down with a bag of chips, or candy, but then I feel like crap. You just have to decide if it is worth it or not. I am just starting this journey, for the 50th time, so I know it is hard. I will be 50 next August, my goal is to be at 150 by then. I tell myself, just because you fell down a few stairs, that doesn't mean you have to throw yourself down the entire flight. If you ate it, it is in the past, which you cannot change, just look to the future. Surround yourself with things that help you want to obtain your goal. I have pictures of Disney laying around the house, which is where we are going next summer. I look at old pictures and tell myself that I do not want to be the one behind the camera next summer, rather I want to be in the pictures. During most of my family vacations in the past, I am the photographer, so I didn't have to be in any of the pictures. This year, I want to hand the camera over to someone else and let them take the pictures, with me smiling proud right in front.
  • funfactoryfacepainting
    Options
    I try to find replacements or do make overs, I learned a lot of tricks back when I was doing weight watchers. This time around I am finding that low cal sugar free protein shakes and low cal snacks keep my cal count low so I can have the same food as the fam for dinner.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I would start just by trying to eat whatever you'd like to eat but in quantities that fit into your calorie goal for the day. Over time, you'll realize that some of those calorie-dense foods just aren't worth it and you'll adjust. The faves will stay until the end - for me it's wine and candy haha.

Just start by logging it all. It's not failure if you are tracking and learning. It's all steps towards real change. It will take time to adjust your tastes, but with a bit of time and diligence, you can do it.
  • sholubik
    Options
    Good advise for this time of year: Candy corn is not a vegetable !!!