Bagel thins with cream cheese or almond butter
    Cheese toast
    Scrambled eggs with spinach and feta
    Grits with a little cheese thrown in

Yumm....this list is making me hungry
  • anthonyfoote
    anthonyfoote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with this too because I work out about 30 minutes after (feels like before sometimes) I wake up. Just happened to find this and it looks so good i'm trying it tomorrow. I was thinking about swapping pumpkin for the carrots though. And I would add the recipe to MFP because I don't think the calories are quite right.

Carrot Cake Muffins
    http://www.builtlean.com/2012/08/21/carrot-cake-muffins/#more-9220
  • trybabytry
    Options
    In the past I've made a batch of daal, and eat it for a week in the morning with an egg and some greek yogurt with garlic and cilantro... kind of like huevos rancheros, Indian style. Low-calorie, low-sugar, high-protein. Delicious. Especially in the winter when I crave hot, filling breakfasts (and am bored of oatmeal). It's good with chili, too.

Also, tofu scrambles are very good! Scramble soft tofu with vegetables as you would an egg.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I have not seen this yet. Baggies of cheese cubes and fruit cubes such as berries or melons. Choose a low glycemic fruit or just chunks o ham or sausage what ever you like that is chilled.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • teejay2039
    Options
    there is no rule that you have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast. Grill a chicken breast the night before and just pull it out of the fridge in the morning. works for me.....course I'm a fox

^^^ What he said. And a can of tuna (packed in water) mixed with a little light mayo has only about 100 calories and is high in protein.... toss it on a slice of toasted Healthy Life bread (35 calories / slice) makes a great breakfast for less than 200 calories. :)
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas! I make refrig oatmeal all the time! LOVE IT!
  • alicialudwig
    Options
    I plan my meals and enter them into MFP for the week on Sundays. I do so much better since I have it all listed and can alter if needed. It keeps me using the tracker the way I need to. For breakfast, I make eggbeaters each night for the next morning, using salt and pepper. I either pair that with grapes (sugar) or if my sugars are too high, I make a whole wheat (Nature's Own 100% whole wheat = 50 cal per slice) toast with Bestlife butter (.5 TBSP = 25 cals). This is filling and low in fat, sugars and calories.
  • kcwilliams07
    Options
    Lots of great answers. I've been looking for the same info. Thanks guys!
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bump

I want to go make some breakfast stuff now :)
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Look into Irish oatmeal. You can add nuts, raisins, whatever and press it into a pan and bake it. That way you keep it in the fridge all week, and slice off a hunk each morning. Super satisfying.
  • roxy415
    roxy415 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I recently made some protein oat muffins--- its ubber simple, grab and go-- if you prep ahead of time- but only takes about 15 minutes--- and they taste fantastic---

1/2 c of dry oatmeal
    1/3 c of almond milk-(or whatever)
    3 tbs of egg whites
    1 scoop of protein -- i use elite gourmet - which has 120 cals, 21 g protein, 0 fat,and <5 carbs-- any flavor-
    and i put a pinch of baking powder-- but i dont even think that is necessary---

mix it all up good-- spray a muffin pan-- and fill cup half way--- it made 2 for me-- i just put a bit of almond butter on them and they were ROCKING!! made some for and had leftovers once they were still great right out of the fridge!!
  • MarcieGormanSmith
    Options
    here's an idea... take a red or yellow pepper - cut it across so it makes ringlets - spray fry pan with organic pam or a tad of smart balance, put in the red pepper ring, wait a couple of minutes for it to slightly soften and then crack an egg in the middle of the pepper ring - flip and voila! High protein, low fat , low sugar.
  • 2sweet84
    2sweet84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I know you said no eggs but i have the same problem as i'm vegetarian and looking towards low carb.
    Not sure if you have quorn products where you are but i use a strip of quorn bacon, chicken, tukkey (meat alternative) cheese, crack an egg in it and whack it in the oven, it changes it up a bit from the usual scrambled egg.
    At the weekends i make my own granola - using brazils, walnuts & almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut and have it with berries and greek yoghurt - yummy! bake it in the oven with cocnut oil and it's lovely.
  • nanelk1
    nanelk1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Quaker Steel Oats. Makes 4 servings. Easy to store in individual containers and reheat in microwave. Add cut up fresh fruit for added flavor.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Really good ideas on here. Did anyone say Egg Muffins? Too easy.

Grab your muffin pan, a few eggs (or egg whites) , your fav veggies (peppers, spinach, and etc), and your choice of cheese. Fill each muffin cup. Bake in the oven for about 25-30 mins and your good to go!
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great ideas here... can't wait to try some :)
  • letmebangbro
    letmebangbro Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Can try just drinking a carton of egg whites.

Or Oatmeal+MIlk+protein powder+ banana on the side(dont cut it up and be fancy)
    Done in 3 minutes.
    Fiber from oatmeal
    Protons from protein 25g's +50g's of eggwhites

and adjust to meet whatever you need.

Or just do
    whole wheat +2 scoops peanut butter+banana inside if you want to mix flavours together.

On time constraint, so think simple, no baking, cooking. Lots of options really.
  • totallydelirious
    Options
    tofu scramble.
    quinoa porridge.