Need some macro tips guys!

Options
Lyra89
Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
SO I'm trying to keep my protein up around 100g per day so that I'm eating 1g per lb of lean body mass...also trying to keep my carbs under 200 but NOT going low carb as I'm a runner and I do better with carbs (from fruit, veggies, wholegrains, legumes etc...no junk)

I find that when I try to eat more protein, I always go over on fat!

Can I get some opinions on what you guys think my macros should look like while I lose the last 5 pounds? I'm almost done the 30 day shred and plan to continue to do circuit training, other than that I run, walk and do yoga/pilates the odd time.

I don't eat meat, however I do still eat fish.

What foods would fit moderate carbs, high protein, low fat? I try to incorporate good fats, but I still don't want to go overboard!
What is the best macro ratio?

Thanks guys xx :smile: :happy: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• philharris1984
    Options
    Hi, don't know if it's any help, but after running I have a 'Lonsdale low fat protein shake'. Seems to work pretty good, and helps keep me full for a while.

Nutrition per 35g serving:-
    129 kcal
    24.2g protein
    Carbs 2.1g, of which sugars 1.4g
    fat 2g of which sugars 0.1g
    fibre 2.9g
  • ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would suggest meat but you are indeed pescovegetarian. So white fish, lots of egg whites - sometimes I just pick at hard boiled egg whites during the day in work if I dont have protein shake in my life.. Its a lot of protein and satiates nibbly days! I eat a lot of meat so maybe you can get better tips from other vegetarians but lentils and split peas have a lot of protein Im told for not many carbs/fat. Im trying to stay at 100 too on most days as I feel it keeps me from cravings and makes my body get the leaner look. Doesnt help me with weight loss much though and if I have too much with not enough fibre I get hug swollen belly attack!
    xx
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hey you! looks like we're in the same boat! this is what i was talking about the other day. when you gotta get the proteins in, something's gotta give and that is usually fat.

i've done a lot of research on here and a lot of people aren't paying too much attention to the fat macro going over CONSIDERING the fats are coming from healthy sources. cheese, dairy, nut butters, meats, olive oil...these types of things. i've read that you've got to stay away from transfats for the most part.

i've also read that 65g is a good place to maintain your fat macro. but they say to keep this focused on healthy fats.

and...on top of all that...many on here say that fat doesn't make you fat! it all comes down to a game of calories in vs calories out. this is why i don't worry so much about my fat macro so long as it is within a reasonable amount over (if i'm over). but the red number just sorta bugs me so i try my best to stay within.
  • GorgeouSaur
    Options
    Protein requirement is standard, split the other calories between carbs and fat. E.g. 50/50 on rest days 75/25 on training days respectively.