Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look so cute.
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I started using myfitnesspal on March 2, 2012 and this morning (10/17/12) I have reached my goal and lost 70lbs! This has not been a diet, but rather a lifestyle change. When my friends ask me how I did it, I just say I live a healthy lifestyle now and smile. I went from a US size 16 to a US size 6 (size 6 was my goal size).

Now I have switched my settings on here from loosing 2lbs a week to maintaining my weight, which scares me since I am going from 1200 calories/day to 1800. And I am also adding to my gym routine. I have done all cardio and a body flow class (love that class it's yoga, pilates, and tai chi) and I am adding strength training to it.

My before picture was taken Oct. 2010 (way before I started my journey, but pretty much what I looked like when I started) and my after photo was taken a week and a half ago)

70lbs.jpg

You must be so proud of what you have accomplished. I started MFP around the same time as you and have been stuck for quite some time. I will be reevaluating to see what changes I need to make. You are truly an inspiration that it can be done! Congratulations.
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Congratulations.
  • Lu_88
    Lu_88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You should be extremely proud of yourself. Welldone
  • mmmurphy585
    mmmurphy585 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! I hope to be a size 8-10 by next summer. You're proof it can be done.
  • Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Nice to see that people really can reach their goals! Thanks for sharing!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on reaching your goals.. You look awesome!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You look great; congratulations! That'll help motivate me today, so thanks!
  • kdgolfer
    kdgolfer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • leah02
    leah02 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Awesome job!
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    wtg!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Enjoy your new found life :happy:
  • thorpy6
    thorpy6 Posts: 48
    Options
    stunning! and what a perfect role model.
  • Deepa11
    Deepa11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome. You mentioned you were on 1200 calorie diet. Could you also share your exercise regime too? As in how many hours? How much cardio? How many body flow classes etc.?
  • Cherise1
    Options
    Great job!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! You really boosted my motivation!!! Shows what can happen when you stick to your goals, great to see!
  • jangyxox
    Options
    omg you look absolutely amazing!
    great work!! :)
  • WittneeT29
    WittneeT29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your progress is amazing!

Might I suggest that if you are nervous about upping calories to 1800, that you do it gradually? Perhaps by 100 to 150 calories a week.
  • jahilmer
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing....a lot of work on your part. Keep up the good work and don't forget us on here! JH
  • eduff3
    eduff3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! You Rock:smile:
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!